Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

How many of you fuckers went to lovely run down public schools in the city? I wanna here some story's. Here's some pics I took back in my senior year round 2008

This is literally a picture of a drunk guy who crashed into the side of our school during the day. He also ran off

The sides of the walls of my school

The inside

I remember on multiple occasions people beating the poo poo out of eachother DURING CLASS in the hallways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
who was niqqa

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
I went to an elementary school in newark NJ, it really wasnt that bad because it was K-5 so people weren't sniffing glue or tagging up the hallways yet, although for a while you couldn't wear red or blue T-shirts because people were trying to imitate the crips and bloods lol. But a few years after I moved out some kids were hanging around the elementary school and some gang members creeped up on them and eventually ended up shooting 3 in the head.

If you want to read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Hill,_Newark,_New_Jersey

Right across from the apartments I used to live in. And my parents would let me walk around there all the time!

edit: also my grandpa got mugged there and my parents had 2 cars stolen, 1 of which was found torched after a joyride.

Oh high school? It was a nice upstanding racist against blacks high school in a nice whitewashed area, the worst that would happen is kids would get arrested for having pot. One kid got busted and I remember being in the gym lockers and people were taunting him and telling him he was gonna get beat up because he told the administrators about who dealt drugs at the school. Good times

killaer fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 16, 2015

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015
An ex pupil petrol bombed our primary school.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Nah, my highschool was pretty white, er I mean nice.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Forgot to mention that all convince stores within a walking distance forced all students to take off their bags because so many kids stole. We also had a football game cancelled because someone brought a gun and threatened another student with it lol

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Sperghetti posted:

Nah, my highschool was pretty white, er I mean nice.

You were never harassed or searched by security?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
mine was pretty good, OP

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
im d woods

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I went to an IB magnet program in a ghetto rear end school where half my classes were in trailers. It was a free ticket to college though.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
not at all op, suburbs, very well funded, 6A team that owned anyone around

recenlty our biggest rival bought a new house for a lady at work with a son in a 5A school so he could come play for them, he's in the NFL now and a guy in my class in MLB

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Mine was built over Indian burial grounds. I was voted Most Ghostly to Succeed

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
people 21+ or at least with a convincing ID or a relation with the concession people could buy beer at games too

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

People stole eachothers Ipods and phones so much in my school their was a little black market set up. If you knew the right kids they would always have like three ipods and a bottle of VIcodin they would try and sell you.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

You were never harassed or searched by security?

There was no security while I was there, most doors were unlocked and several kids, myself included, had keys to the school.

Some years after I graduated though, some girl carved her face up like the Joker and tried to slash a teacher so poo poo's changed now. Kids ruin everything.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My school was a catchall for every apathetic, drunken, sadistic teacher in the area. They used to regularly belt us with a leather tawse. One old bastard had a selection of them in various thicknesses and would show them off, pointing out the benefits of each.
We were banned from all the shops near the school, apart from one place owned by a Pakistani dude who would sell us one (1) cigarette and two (2) matches, in order to stunt our growth because we were non-Muslims.
Finally, my class had teacher who was nominated to give us the sex education talk. And she had an award winning arse.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Sperghetti posted:

There was no security while I was there, most doors were unlocked and several kids, myself included, had keys to the school.

Some years after I graduated though, some girl carved her face up like the Joker and tried to slash a teacher so poo poo's changed now. Kids ruin everything.

Wow. I was searched on two separate occasion for having my sunglasses on during class (I was facing a window and it was sunny) They emptyied out my bag made me take off my shoes searched my pockets then questioned me for ten minutes straight

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wound up in a community college watch movies class with the security guard from high school

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
was i picked on in high school? hmm let me think
* Weighed 750 pounds
* Parents were both Charles Manson (long story)
* Wore a bath robe to school every day
* Had the word "homo" instead of a mouth

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
They decided they needed to finally put in a metal detector at all doors the year after I gradumicated.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Also some movie called Dr. Giggles was shot there

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
The only thing of note that happened in my high school was for a while someone would go around and find all the big, heavy wooden doors that had these door returns on them;

and they would pull down the arm which extends so that when the door was opened it would catch on the arm and stop suddenly.

At least one kid I knew managed to literally give themselves brain damage by walking at full speed into the door frame.

fucken spastics

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
My school had the highest drop out rate in the state with the highest drop out rate at the time. I know most of those kids didn't choose to drop out. The administration would send out formal looking letters saying they owed the school several thousand dollars for vague reasons or they weren't allowed to attend anymore. It happened to me, but it doesn't matter I wouldn't have graduated anyway because the school refused to put me in the required classes, and would just dump me in random poo poo. They even stuck me in in school suspension once because I went to the office to complain about it. Plus you know all the usual poo poo at an underfunded inner city school.

Supposedly it's gotten even worse since then.

Funniest thing was the text book that said by 1998 we would all be living in storm proof, burglary proof, germ proof, earthquake proof, etc. houses and this was in 2003 or so. Same class I had to tell all the Mexican kids that when the textbook was referring to labor it meant those pictures of the happy white ladies chatting on the telephone.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 17, 2015

Gehenomm
May 1, 2008

Ask me about hitting on mathematicians.
One of our teachers spent and entire class period helpfully explaining to us how AIDS was a disease created by homosexuals to destroy society and the we should report them (the despicable gays, that is). A bunch of parents complained afterwards but the principal backed the teacher.

Also a number of teachers were openly in relationships with some of the students.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Marching band had a significant overlap with student government. Jocks were nerds, nerds were stoners, stoners were in AP classes.
The only problem was lack of a proper cafeteria during years of construction. It's ok because we could leave campus during lunch or free periods.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it was ok i guess. it was in the middle of the suburbs so violence was limited to a few fights per year. classes were decent, had quite a few good teachers, made some good friends.

only lovely part was when we had like 5 bomb threats sophomore year because some freshman decided they wanted more days off of school. she wrote "there's a bomb in the school" on post-it notes in the bathrooms. ended up putting the school on bathroom lockdown which sucked. i think she's still in juvie.

e: never mind i remember the stupid lovely rules they had. if someone started wailing on you and you fought back, both of you got a week suspension, criminal record, and the school could loving press charges. i also got caught with my phone out and got two saturday detentions just for that. plus no hats, no sunglasses, no sleeveless t-shirts, and you couldn't wear your hood up on coats or hoodies. eat my dick, high school.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 17, 2015

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

symbolic posted:

only lovely part was when we had like 5 bomb threats sophomore year because some freshman decided they wanted more days off of school. she wrote "there's a bomb in the school" on post-it notes in the bathrooms. ended up putting the school on bathroom lockdown which sucked. i think she's still in juvie.

Wow, what the gently caress was wrong with her?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Depends on your context of lovely...

The student parking lot was full of new luxury cars and the teacher lot had crappy old cars so that was kind of funny/sad.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Wow, what the gently caress was wrong with her?
i don't know for sure but apparently she had some sort of mental illness. thanks to her i ended up making GBS threads myself since we could only use the bathroom during the last five minutes of class and i was sick as a dog. gently caress you, kayla.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
at the time i was jealous of columbine and ill leave it at that...thankfully PC gaming was in its peak at the time so i focused on that instead. once i got my license it was great though because attending school suddenly became optional and i often chose to just drive around instead and explore the world on my own like one of those expensive liberal prep schools let u do i was great

lucky for me i was a late bloomer and facebook has since been invented.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 17, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The one I attended had just finished construction my freshman year and was very well put together, though you could tell they had the same architect design it as the state prison when we had to go on a field trip there

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
my high school was a p good expensive catholic school

a+ would go again

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jackyl posted:

my high school was a p good expensive catholic school

a+ would go again
i went to a K-8 catholic school and it was complete poo poo. uniforms, jesusfreaks, and every class had a religious undertone. it didn't help i was the only one in a class of ~70 that liked video games and metal.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

i went to an "institute" for troubled teens

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

symbolic posted:

i don't know for sure but apparently she had some sort of mental illness. thanks to her i ended up making GBS threads myself since we could only use the bathroom during the last five minutes of class and i was sick as a dog. gently caress you, kayla.

Speaking of pyscho girls I once had this little 5 foot 2 indian girl follow me and my group of freinds around for a year. We put up with it because we were nice it was clear she had no freinds. She would always be looking at me and my best freind at of the corner of her eye like she was peeking at us. Turns out months later we find out she was drawing gay boderline hentai drawings of us and uploading them on facebook. My mom still questions if I'm gay because of the by the way

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Speaking of pyscho girls I once had this little 5 foot 2 indian girl follow me and my group of freinds around for a year. We put up with it because we were nice it was clear she had no freinds. She would always be looking at me and my best freind at of the corner of her eye like she was peeking at us. Turns out months later we find out she was drawing gay boderline hentai drawings of us and uploading them on facebook. My mom still questions if I'm gay because of the by the way
lmao that's loving amazing. do you fap to them?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

symbolic posted:

i went to a K-8 catholic school and it was complete poo poo. uniforms, jesusfreaks, and every class had a religious undertone. it didn't help i was the only one in a class of ~70 that liked video games and metal.

yeah there was a dress code but not uniforms. Our sister school had uniforms though and it was always white blouses lol

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Mine was notorious in the late 90's for having a neo-Confederate student group dubbed "The All-American Boys." They dressed up like cowboys and I had one of them as a TA in debate class. When the teacher left the office a couple of times, he'd lecture us all about the War of Northern Aggression (school is located in a north suburb of Minneapolis, MN.) After I graduated, it made the national news for leading the nation in LGBT teen suicides and having a school board that basically encouraged it in the name of religious freedom.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

lmao post the goddamn pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Three Olives posted:

Depends on your context of lovely...

The student parking lot was full of new luxury cars and the teacher lot had crappy old cars so that was kind of funny/sad.

we wouldn't have expected any different

except the you thinking it was sad part

• Locked thread