Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Mainly it was the terrible, terrible teachers. Soooo many terrible teachers.

1/3 of the way into senior year my Geometry teacher went on maternity leave and they got a sub who supposedly knew what he was doing. All he did was ramble a bit, then talk about his loving childhood in Michigan the entire time. For months. All about Michigan, with some sprinklings of math and homework thrown in. Christ knows what he submitted as grades because not even the A students knew wtf. Eventually they fired him and forced the computer science teacher to teach us on his off period.

That poor Comp Sci teacher asked us a couple of questions, realized we were nowhere near the lesson plan and gave the gently caress up. We spent the rest of the year surfing the web and watching Dumb and Dumber a million times (it was his favorite movie), and even had questions about that stupid dumbfuck movie on the final exam. I still don't know the first thing about geometry. There are shapes? I don't know. Ask me about that stupid loving movie. I even took his real computer science course and he just fed us programs from the book and played that stupid movie endlessly.

Also one of the Chemistry teachers rage-quit halfway through the year so my junior year we had another sub who taught us the wrong way to do things for loving weeks before someone realized and the real Chemistry teacher had to take our class on his off period to try and teach us real things. He didn't give up, but we didn't do so well because we were months behind the lesson plans again.

All of the coaches I had as teachers just half-assed their way through biology and geography. No, I don't know how to find things on a map. No, I don't know poo poo about biology except we had a bitchin' power point with a moose with a rainbow background at some point.

tl;dr I know more about Michigan winters 40 years ago and Dumb and Dumber than I ever learned about geometry, chemistry, biology or loving programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread