Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it was ok i guess. it was in the middle of the suburbs so violence was limited to a few fights per year. classes were decent, had quite a few good teachers, made some good friends.

only lovely part was when we had like 5 bomb threats sophomore year because some freshman decided they wanted more days off of school. she wrote "there's a bomb in the school" on post-it notes in the bathrooms. ended up putting the school on bathroom lockdown which sucked. i think she's still in juvie.

e: never mind i remember the stupid lovely rules they had. if someone started wailing on you and you fought back, both of you got a week suspension, criminal record, and the school could loving press charges. i also got caught with my phone out and got two saturday detentions just for that. plus no hats, no sunglasses, no sleeveless t-shirts, and you couldn't wear your hood up on coats or hoodies. eat my dick, high school.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Wow, what the gently caress was wrong with her?
i don't know for sure but apparently she had some sort of mental illness. thanks to her i ended up making GBS threads myself since we could only use the bathroom during the last five minutes of class and i was sick as a dog. gently caress you, kayla.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jackyl posted:

my high school was a p good expensive catholic school

a+ would go again
i went to a K-8 catholic school and it was complete poo poo. uniforms, jesusfreaks, and every class had a religious undertone. it didn't help i was the only one in a class of ~70 that liked video games and metal.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Speaking of pyscho girls I once had this little 5 foot 2 indian girl follow me and my group of freinds around for a year. We put up with it because we were nice it was clear she had no freinds. She would always be looking at me and my best freind at of the corner of her eye like she was peeking at us. Turns out months later we find out she was drawing gay boderline hentai drawings of us and uploading them on facebook. My mom still questions if I'm gay because of the by the way
lmao that's loving amazing. do you fap to them?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Mine was notorious in the late 90's for having a neo-Confederate student group dubbed "The All-American Boys." They dressed up like cowboys and I had one of them as a TA in debate class. When the teacher left the office a couple of times, he'd lecture us all about the War of Northern Aggression (school is located in a north suburb of Minneapolis, MN.) After I graduated, it made the national news for leading the nation in LGBT teen suicides and having a school board that basically encouraged it in the name of religious freedom.
the only claim to fame my school has is that Todd Howard of Bethesda went there :shrug:

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

No but I'm sure she did....which creeps the gently caress out of me
you better post them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh yeah, some kid freshman year climbed the wall of the cafeteria. two walls were just glass panes with foot-wide ledges separating them, so he was able to climb about 20 feet up and strike a superman pose. then he got suspended for two weeks. i think he's studying bio at UoD now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

empty sea posted:

Mainly it was the terrible, terrible teachers. Soooo many terrible teachers.

1/3 of the way into senior year my Geometry teacher went on maternity leave and they got a sub who supposedly knew what he was doing. All he did was ramble a bit, then talk about his loving childhood in Michigan the entire time. For months. All about Michigan, with some sprinklings of math and homework thrown in. Christ knows what he submitted as grades because not even the A students knew wtf. Eventually they fired him and forced the computer science teacher to teach us on his off period.

That poor Comp Sci teacher asked us a couple of questions, realized we were nowhere near the lesson plan and gave the gently caress up. We spent the rest of the year surfing the web and watching Dumb and Dumber a million times (it was his favorite movie), and even had questions about that stupid dumbfuck movie on the final exam. I still don't know the first thing about geometry. There are shapes? I don't know. Ask me about that stupid loving movie. I even took his real computer science course and he just fed us programs from the book and played that stupid movie endlessly.

Also one of the Chemistry teachers rage-quit halfway through the year so my junior year we had another sub who taught us the wrong way to do things for loving weeks before someone realized and the real Chemistry teacher had to take our class on his off period to try and teach us real things. He didn't give up, but we didn't do so well because we were months behind the lesson plans again.

All of the coaches I had as teachers just half-assed their way through biology and geography. No, I don't know how to find things on a map. No, I don't know poo poo about biology except we had a bitchin' power point with a moose with a rainbow background at some point.

tl;dr I know more about Michigan winters 40 years ago and Dumb and Dumber than I ever learned about geometry, chemistry, biology or loving programming.
my senior year intro to stat teacher was a conspiracy theorist that talked about government secrets and world of warcraft 2/3rds of the time. christ knows how i passed with an A.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Volume posted:

m school had a class on the vietnam war and the teacher invited a terrorist from the weather underground into class to speak. It was kind of cool.
my 10th grade american history/ap history teacher would bring her dad in to talk about 'Nam since he served there. he used to be able to bring in his M16 to show us. for some reason he can't do that anymore.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

my highschool got hit by a tornado as school was letting out. something like 25ish kids died. the elementary school buses had pulled up full of kids to get the HS kids on board too. the buses were tossed on top of the school. they took off doors from classrooms to carry bodies. p lovely memory
:stare:

i think you win

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

freshman year some junior died when his car ran off the road and hit head-on with a tree

sophomore year some other sophomore died in a house fire along with his mom

i don't think anyone else died since then so that's cool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

how big was your school because that seems like a pretty low (good) number. suicides happened too when I went. I knew two personally.
it was a pretty big school. i think something like 2800 students?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

wow I thought mine was big at 2400. lovely class size ahoy.
i think because most of the students were affluent suburban kids, there was no reason to kill yourself or kill someone else. usually most of the fights were between the drop-out kids. i knew one personally that got expelled after he broke a kid's jaw. i think he works at some car shop now and got a 16 year old preggo.

• Locked thread