Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Shadow posted:

It wasn't a debate. It was an excuse to sell ads.

Debates should be held on CSPAN. No ads, no glamor. Straight up debates. The entire loving election cycle shouldn't last longer than 6... gently caress it 12 weeks. This poo poo is becoming such a goddamn embarrassment.

thats the price we pay for 400 some odd million getting the vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr. Pumroy posted:

cruz makes enemies the way i make farts. almost all his peers hate him in the senate and if he looks like he's in range of getting the nom they'll do some poo poo to block him because he routinely threw them under the bus and stepped all over their toes at the same time. that melty faced man is someone they just might hate more than hillary

Cruz is hated as if he got the power he would turn it over to his more crazy father.
The religious right do like their religion, but not as crazy as Rafael Cruz.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Blue Raider posted:

thats the price we pay for 400 some odd million getting the vote

Elections requiring hundreds of millions of dollars (didn't the last one exceed a billion loving dollars?) Everyone wants their loving cut. It's sickening.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Shadow posted:

Elections requiring hundreds of millions of dollars (didn't the last one exceed a billion loving dollars?) Everyone wants their loving cut. It's sickening.

Freedom isn't free, LOL. -- Mrs. Doobie Dogs

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shadow posted:

It wasn't a debate. It was an excuse to sell ads.

Debates should be held on CSPAN. No ads, no glamor. Straight up debates. The entire loving election cycle shouldn't last longer than 6... gently caress it 12 weeks. This poo poo is becoming such a goddamn embarrassment.

Are you suggesting the problem is..... Capitalism???

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

rubios gonna be the vp nom

Rubio and Carson both have shots for VP.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Are you suggesting the problem is..... Capitalism???

Capitalism is fine and dandy, but commercializing an election is disgusting.... you commie.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think we should elect a good president and not a bad president

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Shadow posted:

in talking about citizens, not dollars

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Parallax Scroll posted:

i think we should elect a good president and not a bad president

i think we should elect a president who represents my interests

my interests is a lucrative military contract to build machines that kill lots of people

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Blue Raider posted:

in talking about citizens, not dollars

yeah i know... point stands tho

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Shadow posted:

yeah i know... point stands tho

yeah. thats why none of these clowns, on either side of the isle, are actual politicians. you dont get real politicians anymore because they have to be performers. huckabee is the closest in my mind to old school going by last night. thats not to say he isnt completely off the reservation but he has a nixon baby kisser vibe

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Blue Raider posted:

yeah. thats why none of these clowns, on either side of the isle, are actual politicians. you dont get real politicians anymore because they have to be performers. huckabee is the closest in my mind to old school going by last night. thats not to say he isnt completely off the reservation but he has a nixon baby kisser vibe

Yeah... McCain pre-Tea Party neocon revolution was one. Dole was probably the last true politician the GOP had in the general. And the last time we had a real debate.

I'd give Bernie Sanders some credit. He literally is standing on platforms he's stood on for 30 years. He's just now had enough and threw his hat in. If there was ever someone who actually cares about the country and not furthering his own (or his donors') agenda, it's that guy. But can he get 270?

I still say he should join Hillary's ticket. As VP he could champion quite a lot. (just being a realist... if we elected President based on popular vote, then I'd never suggest this)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow posted:

I still say he should join Hillary's ticket. As VP he could champion quite a lot.

As VP he would be a powerless talking head because the VP doesn't actually really do anything other than preside over the Senate. At most he'll be able to break a tie over a piece of legislation.

And he'd be a sell out kinda imo to jump on the Hillary ticket given how much poo poo he's talked about her corporate backing.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

id be flat out shocked if sanders even gets the nomination

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

As VP he would be a powerless talking head because the VP doesn't actually really do anything other than preside over the Senate. At most he'll be able to break a tie over a piece of legislation.

And he'd be a sell out kinda imo to jump on the Hillary ticket given how much poo poo he's talked about her corporate backing.

I know... :(

edit: though maybe he could do the long con... Dick Cheney was a powerful VP. Maybe Bernie can strong arm that hussy and tell her what's what.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe if he's VP some crazy reddit gamergate fag will assassinate Hillary.

Not that I want that to happen I'm just saying.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe if he's VP some crazy reddit gamergate fag will assassinate Hillary.

Not that I want that to happen I'm just saying.

Yeah me too...I'm just saying too...

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
it's amazing to see the republicans spiral into even further irrelevancy than they were last presidential election cycle. i don't think there's anyone who sees the gop debates as anything more than entertainment

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Gobblecoque posted:

it's amazing to see the republicans spiral into even further irrelevancy than they were last presidential election cycle. i don't think there's anyone who sees the gop debates as anything more than entertainment

Rich people and uninformed poor people do.

Rich people know they will further deregulation, reduce taxes (by reducing government in areas that they don't care about).
Poor people will make sure guns are safe, fags stop marrying, planned parenthood goes away, and we build more tanks because America.

Don't overestimate Americans. We are split. Half of us believe them and a small percentage of them are just "gently caress You Got Mine" voters who the GOP appeals to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gobblecoque posted:

Welcome to the 2032 GoP Republican Primary Debates! *applause and gun fire*
Tonight we have 2000 young hopefuls who will vie to be one of the final 32 that we will finally vote for.
Now as you all know this is a contest of patriotism, liberty, and freedom.
SO CONTENDERS, START UP YOUR ENGINES!!!!
*applause, gun fire, and infographic of Jesus grinning on the cross wearing a cowboy hat*

• Locked thread