Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm coming up to 30 and I haven't been married yet and I keep seeing people who got married in their twenties

like why wtf why would you want to get out of the dating game that early, after dating practically no one can you honestly say you've met the one in your life you want to be with forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

never

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ColoradoCleric posted:

I'm coming up to 30 and I haven't been married yet and I keep seeing people who got married in their twenties

like why wtf why would you want to get out of the dating game that early, after dating practically no one can you honestly say you've met the one in your life you want to be with forever?

rubber broke and/or so desperate to cling to something

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

this

only reason is for tax purposes and health care

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Try explaining what a domestic partnership is to your long-term girl

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
yeah I don't get marrage like it's fucken epsneive and ya don't really get anything for it?

like maybe just maybe if she did withhold sex i'd have asked her but jeez I got it pretty good and don't feel like the cost benefit scenario really works in marriages favor, ya know?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

married at 24 divorced at 28 glad I could add to the percentage of divorces it's awesome. also in the divorced before 30 club so it's cool man. so don't get married it's really that great

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

down n out posted:

Try explaining what a domestic partnership is to your long-term girl

Dude, here is where I pivot.

Look, there is a reason why common law marriages exist. If a sex same couple can stick together for years, fight for the right to get married and win it. You can put a loving ring on a woman that you spent the last 10 years with. Christ. The tax benefits alone. The drop in health care. The ability to get loans and so forth.

I mean gently caress, ten years of living with a person. You know them.

EDIT: a quick google search shows I am behind the times in what it actually means. I'm still leaving this here.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 17, 2015

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

When you're in a long-term, committed relationship and your partner needs health insurance, or it lowers your taxes, or your work gives them survivor's benefits, or some other concrete benefit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

only reason is for tax purposes and health care

That and you can get your wife to renew your car insurance when they won't give your girlfriend the time of day.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BgRdMchne posted:

When you're in a long-term, committed relationship and your partner needs health insurance, or it lowers your taxes, or your work gives them survivor's benefits, or some other concrete benefit.

There we go

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
30's.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
12 makes sense, historically.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I married a dog at 18

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When you're both old enough to accept the idea of brushing your teeth and the other person non-nonchalantly walks in and takes a poo poo and you just shake your head and deal.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I married a dog at 18

gonna ride that red rocket all night

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
After the kids leave home and you can focus on just you two.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
when you need the legal rights attributed to married persons like hospital visitation or whatever

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

:respek:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
don't count on meeting someone in your 30s because the pool of singles is going to consist of the leftovers.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

embykins posted:

don't count on meeting someone in your 30s because the pool of singles is going to consist of the leftovers.

quoted for truth. I date 20 somethings still exclusively. Stay in shape yall.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
We got married when I was 26 and she was 24. Still married still happy still not fats still loving but not as wild as we used to

but we almost have the second house paid off Still travel together all over the place, still have some separate and some together hobbies

basically there's nothing wrong with doing it either way as long as you know what you're doing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

I married a dog at 18

lavish ceremony

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I married a dog at 18

did they make her consummate or what

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

did they make her consummate or what

where? like in the back of a volkswagen?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

I married a dog at 18

morally inept got married?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ColoradoCleric posted:

cause they're dumb and usually pregnant lol.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ColoradoCleric posted:

yea

also gently caress having kids

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
when you're rich enough for a pre-nup and she's mature enough to sign it.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
get a good job like being a plague doctor and marry someone half your age when you're in your 40s

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez
I'm 30, unmarried, and it's loving awesome.

I dunno the answer to this question but I wouldn't before 30

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

probably gonna get married around 30 to some nice 24 year old because it will help my career

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

VendaGoat posted:

Dude, here is where I pivot.

Look, there is a reason why common law marriages exist. If a sex same couple can stick together for years, fight for the right to get married and win it. You can put a loving ring on a woman that you spent the last 10 years with. Christ. The tax benefits alone. The drop in health care. The ability to get loans and so forth.

I mean gently caress, ten years of living with a person. You know them.

EDIT: a quick google search shows I am behind the times in what it actually means. I'm still leaving this here.

tax and health care benefits are not worth the freedom of being able to bounce at any time when the level of insanity surpasses the quality of the companionship

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got married early 20s dumb idea have kid now in early 30s. I'm retarded oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
23 and 121 days. You missed the boat OP and might as well die now I guess.

Get married whenever you want, if ever. Who the gently caress cares?

• Locked thread