Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Every scene in every city is the same thing: a bunch of whiny hipsters with middling musicianship posting on Facebook about how you need to support local music and inviting me to every lovely gig they play in all the lovely bars that only ever get attended by other musicians.

I'd support local music if it was any good. But it all sounds the same and I'm not going to support it jus because.

gently caress off with your kickstarter album. How about this, actually play some gigs get a following and get a label to front you the money rather than begging me. Learn to write some songs that don't sound like Bright Eyes or the Decembrists or what the poo poo ever, and learn how to play your loving guitars.

Our local music is pretty good. This is my old roommate's band and it's up there with any other examples of this genre I can find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSsutY7Pkmw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TwoFire posted:

You could have just said "Progressive Elevator". Thanks for getting my dog to bark you gently caress.

don't blast retard music videos idiots on the internet show you you gently caress

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TwoFire posted:

that was almost cohesive. unlike your lovers roommates music

i wish we had been lovers, now i'm filled with regret

• Locked thread