Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
We havin fun boys?
Yeah this place rules
No this place sucks
I'm mentally ill but hate this place and post anyway
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I often hear people complain about the forums dying or gbs being unfunny and that new people aren't joining because of it.

Do you ever wonder if maybe it was 1.0 that caused the demise of the forums and not current GBS? Probating for spelling or for having a different opinion.

Also its no really shocking that people would rather post on free alternatives. I wonder if other places (reddit, 4chan, whatever) have as many people that despise posting there.

Anyway, who else has a fun time here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
I love my dead gay forums

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the gently caress is gbs

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
why does that ad link to a picture of your av?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

why does that ad link to a picture of your av?

bc im basically neo

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i only post here because my browser has been stuck on this page since 2002

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

gbs is good anyone who disagree feel free to fight me irl

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Tom Bradley is my favorite player on the Boston Americans

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I like it too. I can post badly and not worry about getting in trouble.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I whine sometimes about getting probated, but I tend to get banned from every other forums Ive posted on in like a day or two so I defintely love GBS its a lot of fun (:

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
gbs is my hoempage. i post here exclusively. i love it. i'm gay.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

momerath posted:

gbs is my hoempage. i post here exclusively. i love it. i'm gay.

same, to all of this

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i'd go somewhere else, but have no place else to go.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yes it's always all good and fun - until someone gets punched in the face.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I like

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
its nice :)

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
if you like gbs so much you should marry it

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
:agreed:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Posting on GBS beats sitting around deflating balls.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
If GBS had a penis, I would suck it.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
You can make a topic here and people will talk to you about it so its basically heaven on earth on the internet for people who like conversation

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Voted all in a checkbox poll, thanks OP you make GBS great.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i agree tomtom

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I never posted in old GBS because it was horrible but GBS 2.0 is better.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
op you are right but something can be bad but also good, even at the same time. like a five guys burger: so greasy, but loving delicious all the same

The_Cack posted:

I love my dead gay forums

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

like my rear end in a top hat

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
I love it but that might just be cuckholms syndrome

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

gbs is good and it reminds me of other forums that used to be good, but are not anymore

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Tom Brady posted:

Do you ever wonder if maybe it was 1.0 that caused the demise of the forums and not current GBS? Probating for spelling or for having a different opinion.

i don't wonder that op. i don't wonder about the forums. i don't think about what might or might not kill it. it really doesn't matter one way or another. if sa disappeared tomorrow, nothing would really change. and if it didn't, nothing would change then either. it doesn't really matter and i don't think about these things.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

gbs could institute hard rules about how to postte and it would not matter to me, i would follow those rules without any objections. it doesn't matter if the forum changes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
SEE YOU FAGS ON SUNDAY

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you say gbs is good and fun as it is now but i would argue that if it were to change there would still be good and fun things to be had in that new iteration. it doesn't really matter if gbs changes. or disappears. in the long run, none of that stuff matters really. it's not worth worrying about, i feel.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't wonder that op. i don't wonder about the forums. i don't think about what might or might not kill it. it really doesn't matter one way or another. if sa disappeared tomorrow, nothing would really change. and if it didn't, nothing would change then either. it doesn't really matter and i don't think about these things.

wow you really don't give a gently caress!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

it's so cool to not give a gently caress

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Darth123123 posted:

i don't know if i give a gently caress or not, it's really not my place to tell you how to interpret what i'm saying, but i'm under the impression it wouldn't matter either way

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the terrible nerd comic penny arcade used to have a proto gbs forum called social entropy but now it's a garbage forum full of fat hags and gaywads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
If I feel like putting hours of effort into a post, I post on a real forum. When I feel like putting the amount of effort into a post that I put into scratching my balls, I post on GBS. When getting high and playing video games is too much work, GBS is always there for me. I mean, goddamn, I'd have to reach all the way across my desk and get the weed, then I'd have to not only pack the bowl but also find a lighter, and the Playstation controller is clear across the room, man, gently caress it. I have really serious opinions about comic books that I have to share with the Internet. Let me tell you all about my theory how Fury Road and Dredd are in the same continuity, and furthermore...

*Has 14000 posts on GBS, 10 on real forums*

• Locked thread