Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Kevin Harvick is the worst thing about NASCAR. Sorry for the truth. He's basically a middle school bully in the body of a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Also under the current format, Harvick (who has arguably been the best team all season) will finish no better than 13th in points. Unless some miracle this weekend of course. Seems like a fair system.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
We watch it and hate it together. We're like a family.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I can't even remember the last time someone retaliated several races later though. Everyone talks poo poo after a race, but nothing ever happens.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Fontana wasn't even retaliatory wrecking. Joey just raced him hard, Denny raged and full-throttled himself into the inside wall.

And Phoenix was the same race, a few laps after the incident. Not weeks after.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's amazing what passes as a "paint scheme" these days.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
All it took was one GWC for Dillon to attempt vehicular manslaughter so uh

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Creativity for NASCAR paint schemes has gone the way of most of the fanbase.

Seriously, someone getting paid to do these schemes is pretty sad. (That's two flat black cars running full time. Yeah I know Monster having a flat black car is kinda their thing, but come on.) Oh and the Haas-Monster car is basically a copy of McMurray's McDonald's-Cessna car.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That finish was everything I wanted for the imminent death of NASCAR. I'm erect.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
"You know, we hosed over everyone. All 12 advance to the next round."

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
#JOLO is the hero we deserve.

And he flipped off the fans while doing burnouts. He's okay in my book.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
SomethingAwful declares JWT as the new up-and-coming superstar racecar driver to get behind. At least he won a race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Twitter posted:

Darrell Waltrip ‏@AllWaltrip 2h2 hours ago
This is embarrassing !

You know NASCAR is poo poo when loving DW says what a joke it is. loving DW! And he's got the brownest nose of them all.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Alain Post posted:

NASCAR titles before the Chase era barely count imo.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
#JOLO is the reason that Denny Hamlin broke his back. How can you hate him? He's a lovable goofball.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Good, gently caress Matt Kenseth. We can all agree on that.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Danica is out there, too. Therefore, you can't say "boys."

Homo sapiens, have at it.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Cubey posted:

I mean taking someone out intentionally is always the shittiest bullshit, but this was a short track.

I don't think anyone has an issue with Kenseth getting back at Logano, but rather the manner in which he did it. Coming back out onto the track nine laps down and reenacting Killdozer by destroying both of their cars is the problem. Yeah, you might see some of that at Bowman Gray or something, but doing that in the top oval racing series in the country is really dumb. I've seen more class in destruction derbies.

Oh and Danica should've gotten a similar punishment, but her name is Danica.

Edit: If Kenseth would've spun Logano out while they were both racing for position up near the lead, then the penalty would've been vastly different (or probably nonexistent).

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 4, 2015

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
But seriously who has a TV on the top of their refrigerator. That's the real crime in that video.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Both appeals denied. Kenseth will sit out two races. What's even funnier is that Kenseth had the second longest running consecutive start stat of active drivers. :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hopefully Homestead ends the same way. A caution comes out in the middle of green flag stops, race called for rain. Champion determined.

#quintessential

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The thought of Gordon winning makes me laugh. He's been mediocre all year, and the other 3 contenders have frequently outperformed him. He lucks into one win for the entire season. The true mark of a champion.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They have to stretch out this fraud championship round as much as possible (and it being Gordon's last race).

Kyle Busch is the champion we deserve. If you aren't rooting for #18 and celebrating by eating M&M's, you're dead to me.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Football Night in America probably gets better ratings than a NASCAR season finale. NBC just doing what any other sensible network would do.

Edit: vvvv :lol: that's incredible.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 22, 2015

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Peanut President posted:

gently caress you jeff gordon

The rare day we can agree with Peanut.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
NASCAR 2016: Brian France kills his father Bill France

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hopefully this means they'll repave Atlanta and California next. Pure poo poo-tier tracks.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Maybe he'll outperform Danica in a few races. It could be a tight battle for 28th in the standings. The fire is in him again.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
This is like waking up from a dumb dream, laughing, and then finding out it was real and laughing even harder.

Edit: so wait, what's to stop people from abusing the system? (pitting right before the yellow, getting back out before the leader)

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 19, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Bitching is the duty of our thread. Don't ruin our celebrated pastime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
All the minorities play real sports. NASCAR is the whitest sport there is. You gotta balance it out.

• Locked thread