Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jeff Gordon will reveal a special scheme for Homestead on RaceHub at 6pm Eastern.

Twitter PM.

Oh they're changing the scheme. Last I saw it was his regular scheme saying its been a great ride. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- It's the standard car, only silver. The Axalta logo is black. Think the DuPont 20th Anniversary car he won Homestead with in 2012, but the rear quarter panels are black.

Well Gordon has had some good luck with silver cars. Win in 2012, 2nd in 04, and 2000... well not really well. So pretty much it's the earlier car but it has those sayings on the quarter panel and just silver instead.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

The good news is, I'll watch races for the good racing... If there is any.... And not be bothered about having a favorite driver. Blancpain endurance, I have a few teams I root but not Gordon levels while I can be excited for lots of racing instead. With where the cars could go next year, I could watch more of next year than this year because of the racing.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did Regan Smith really win today at Dover or is the app being stupid?

He won.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

It feels to me like that this is NASCAR's way saying "fine, have your stupid package". Schadenfreude is fun!

Someone please explain to me how this package might suit Jeff Gordon's driving style so I can feel feelings ranging from relief/indifference to absolute rage depending upon how a 2016 season might have played out.

Yeah he was top dog in Hendrick at Kentucky with this and didn't see Darlington so this package would've probably given an up year to him but we can only speculate. We'll see if Stewart gets one last resurgence next year.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

modeling is weird in that its largest customer base is greybeards and always has been but they constantly think they are targeting children

it's the same as Warhammer

Hey my father isn't a grey beard..... Well a grey mustache. Snap tite I would say is targeted to the kids while the glue and stuff is targeted to my father who has built a poo poo ton of models who is balancing making a bunch of new models and repairing a bunch of old ones that has became broken in moves.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

What did we miss?

Muddy Burphy posted:

Supposedly Johnny Sauter is moving teams?

Now add that up.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Change the red to yellow and I'd say it'd make more sense but looks alright. I see they've thinned the 24 our a bit too on top of being white. It's going to be strange next year seeing that.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

Apparently Justin Allgaier will be driving the No. 7 Xfinity car for JR Motorsports next season with Brandt sponsorship.

Well makes sense since Jr needed someone to bring in the cash and Allgaier is it.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Pretty much nothing is guaranteed except Logano who is in and Kenseth and Jr needing to win to get in.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Imagine that, JWT is a loving talentless fuckwad. Good job SRA at least having mutually assured destruction.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

Why is the 11 team sealing Hamlin in

Isn't that a massive safety hazard

Not only did they want him to exit the car in dumb fashion but exit the chase in dumb fashion too.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Boy will Martinsville be a shitshow with the 2 Kenseth and Hamlin wanting Harvick's head and Kenseth wanting Logano's head. Also careful Kyle Petty for calling out those inconsistencies on NASCAR in pulling the caution.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

shyduck posted:

There's been no official rulings yet, but apparently NASCAR leadership is in a closed door meeting right as we speak.

I'll die laughing if Harvick is penalized to end of the lead lap.

e: I'll still live.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

So, I've been thinking about the upcoming offseason, and things we can do in case more of you are nerdy shutins like me.

Obviously, Winter Heat will (hopefully) be a thing. But also, I was thinking we could do edits on NASCAR related articles on the SAS Wiki. I mean, it'd be pretty funny to put that picture of Tony above into his wiki article, for anyone who uses the random button...

Years ago I signed up for the wiki but immediately lost my password. I can help getting facts and then put it in the funniest way possible. Also should probably get to reuploading my videos that got taken down. Just went on a frenzy yesterday getting some races like some 95 races, specifically Sonoma, and 94 Brickyard, specifically Qualifying that had 86 guys qualifying.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Hahaha practicing in iRacing and seeing that shitstorm transpire. Just the best thing ever. Hahaha Matt saying it was right front damage. Just say it. Also gift wrapping this for Jeff lol.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

gently caress YEAH!

e: Thank you Matt Kenseth you beautiful motherfucker. You're a cool dude and will listen to metal with you.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

He could bs his way into 1 though. He's been very good at Homestead at late and this was Gordon's only for sure shot to lock himself in. Though Logano, Busch, and Keselowski are now way back, I would bet Gordon wouldn't have made it, but I'm down for watching Homestead.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I think as it comes down to what Gordon said about Logano, he came off smarmy and unapologetic to Kenseth rightfully or wrongfully pushed out of the way at Kansas wanted retribution. He wanted to take that grin off of his face. I'd say Logano hasn't made fans for taking out well regarded champion.

LASTCAR posted:

Logano tweeted this song as his rallying cry.

Please, Kenseth, wreck him again.

Kenseth, just post this song in response.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Good thing NASCAR isn't with ESPN anymore or Craven would be gone. I agree with Craven, on that front as well with what Jr and Gordon said. It's racing and allowed it. Only difference between this wreck and Martinsville was Kenseth kept plowing into Logano rather than pop him in the rear. That and on top the consistency of penalties. Gordon did the same thing (albeit he was in the championship too), and wrecked a championship contender with a slap on the wrist, while Kenseth got a suspension. If you foster driver's have at it and where this chase strives on wins, you're going to have guys wreck guys. Just shows the shitshow NASCAR is.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

That moment now for Earnhardt is enshrined as a great moment for him as being peak Earnhardt. I don't remember at all them even think of suspending him in the slightest. It's all up to NASCAR

Side note, I got a bunch more NASCAR races including 1995 Daytona 500 with the rain delay coverage... the booth was taking questions from people from the phone. Also Richard Petty has sun sensitivity in his eyes so he always has sunglasses, thanks caller.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So now Newman and Johnson will have the active consecutive starts record. 2002 Daytona 500 didn't seem all that long ago.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Somewhere, Matt Kenseth just took a sip of a drink, grinned, and having a massive boner.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Kenseth is on the spotter stand with a smoking sniper rifle. His job is done.

He was in the grassy knoll in Dealy Plaza.

ayn rand hand job posted:

What did I miss

Logano blew a tire, in the garage.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

What the hell is going on?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Is Goodyear now making poo poo tires to spicen this chase up now?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

It's all fun and games until a Gibbs car punts the 24 at Homestead.

I could see the death of every Gibbs employee happening that day.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I dont know if you have noticed, and this is coming from a diehard Larson fan, BUT, his "next best thing" spotlight is already shrinking and if Elliott does well next year, they will never mention him again.

Eh we said that about Logano and after a change of teams, he's living up to the talk. Larson could break out with Ganassi or he could stagnate, find a different team or prosper, or be another failed driver. Even if he's overshadowed by Chase in a superior car he still has time to prove himself.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Not sure how Red Bull and Amp would feel about things though.

Amp doesn't sponsor him. I'd say PepsiCo wouldn't care unless it was Jr driving a red bull sponsored car. That or he finds another sponsor for one race or so and see Regan Smith get pissed.

Also yes I saw that map with new safer barrier, how the gently caress didn't someone get really hurt from all those walls that didn't have a safer barrier.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Peanut President posted:

gently caress your goddamn headline. When I Read Clickbait Headlines You'll Never Guess What I Did Next With This Axe.

Well I'm clicking your post cause I want to know what you'll do with that axe.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

daslog posted:

Is this race happening and does anyone care?

Well it's west coast so east coast people will be waiting a while. I'd laugh if they try to do an 08 California which they waited til 11 pm pst to call it. Predictions look doubtful to get to halfway tonight. If not then they'll be racing tomorrow.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

They're aiming for 7pm I just heard so I'm assuming that means 10pm EST. Is it really gonna rain again?

Predictions say rain will ramp up big time by 9 pm which that's in 2 hours. Rain likely from now til past midnight.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

There is a storm threatening to the southwest but it could narrowly miss it. But also they could make it to halfway before the storm.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

This race was boring so lets crash during pit stops and shake poo poo up.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

If they lose the track the race is over. By the time they get the track dry the big storm will come and will be very late.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Here you go, NASCAR. Do you call an elimination race short of the full distance or do your best to run it to completion?

Well not dumb enough to wait til 1 am pst. :lol: at Edwards hoping to go to back and hearing the fans and yelled drat it after the interview.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I could see that race going til the morning if they have to. That'd be amazing, make it the 24 hours of Homestead, race oval on one lap and road course on the next lap.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I mean, in fairness, Harvick is a reasonable choice for champion without the chase, though I think Logano edges him out on the eyeball test personally

but still

Well based on old points, Harvick is leading by 20 pts thanks to Martinsville and Texas taking a 60 pt lead away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Prozach posted:

I can't wait for the debris caution with 5 laps to go. It's gonna make the ending SO INTENSE

It's going to happen. NASCAR wants this to finish with a bang Gordon championship or not.

• Locked thread