Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FreudianSlippers posted:

I saw a clip once where Steven Universe's fingers were turning into cats and it was basically body horror. If the rest of the show is stuff like that I might check it out because that was some nicely grotesque poo poo.

Yes the creators also realized this which is why the finale of that episode is basically copied directly from Akira.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Lastgirl posted:

a children's show ITYOOL 2015

:drat:

Cow and Chicken and The Powerpuff Girls were wholesome family entertainment, the former having a naked red devil and the latter having a trans-sexual supervillain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALIKPcP2gc

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Most, if not all children get pretty firm ideas on their own sexuality and gender quite early on. You could say it's a normal part of human development.

You don't suddenly get your genitals and sense of self as a present for your thirteenth birthday.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Paladinus posted:

Fencing with real swords is very dangerous. I am pro gun control and would not want my child to pick up fencing from cartoons.

Literally one of the first episodes was showing how dangerous it was with the fencing gem being 'killed' by a hologram in a fencing accident and that hologram following Steven around and eventually trying to kill him.

So the SJW illuminati got there before you.

• Locked thread