Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

bromplicated posted:

Bart Simpson?

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
How do you define "good person"?

At my age (early 40s) my dad had a higher IQ than me; had a doctorate degree where I just have a BS; had a better paying job than me (adjusting for inflation); he was in better physical shape than me; he was married and had a kid where I am still a single loser. So by those conventional metrics he was substantially better than me.

Then again my dad was a poo poo to my mother which eventually drove her to alcoholism and split up the family, so nobody's perfect.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yo 'nri, whats the trick to getting gbs to swoop in in droves and share their embarrassing+sadbrains+mentallyunwell life stories? did you discover that daddy/parent issues tended to unleash the inner gbs 1.0 in them?

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
have you ever seen a thread of any topic where someone didn't talk about how their mom/dad was trash?

My dad is sainted to answer the question. I aspire to be as reliable.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

ChairmanMeow posted:

have you ever seen a thread of any topic where someone didn't talk about how their mom/dad was trash?

weird that a bunch of malajusted shut ins posting on a dead forum would have bad parents

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

potee posted:

weird that a bunch of malajusted shut ins posting on a dead forum would have bad parents

i bet their parents yelled at them once

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
y u all talking about money. just kidding i knew everyone woul talk about money haha

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

I.N.R.I posted:

y u all talking about money. just kidding i knew everyone woul talk about money haha

rich or poor its nice to have money

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

potee posted:

rich or poor its nice to have money

Yah but how much? :homebrew:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i didnt know my father then so i dont know, and now hes dead so i cant ask him.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
My dad has worked at the same factory job since he was 18. He turned 61 this year. He loving hates it and I don't want to turn out like that.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

My dad has worked at the same factory job since he was 18. He turned 61 this year. He loving hates it

lmao dumb oval office

anyway I've got 13 months until this question is applicable so gently caress all y'all

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
At my age my dad was Homer SImpson but in a coal plant instead of nuclear whereas I do manual labor and drive tractors and trucks and poo poo. I can bench more than he could at this age and I drive a Honda instead of a Harley. I don't know is that as good or better or worse?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Network Pesci posted:

At my age my dad was Homer SImpson but in a coal plant instead of nuclear whereas I do manual labor and drive tractors and trucks and poo poo. I can bench more than he could at this age and I drive a Honda instead of a Harley. I don't know is that as good or better or worse?

hmm i think that means you're groundskeeper willy

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Going by income statements my Dad is/was about 2.4x better at life than me.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah in fact objectively better

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
My dad was a dumb fag. So the answer is yes

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
fuckin' better! old man never had teh guts to pull apart machines or do anything crazy

and i don't have an idiot son like he did!!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Keith Atherton posted:

Dad's never been drunk so I've got him there.
God drat that's a strong Dad.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I'm a better person definitely as not only am I not a criminal, I'm a gainfully employed tax-paying citizen, but im also definitely not 30; so.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i'm 20 now so i gotta last 3 more years of not knocking anybody up OP

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
My dad was pretty old when my folks had me. He was a drat good man but I intend to do him one better.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I always turn the lights off when I leave the room to conserve electricity.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There's way less yelling, but that might be just because I don't have my own kid to yell at.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ChickenWyngz posted:

You'll have to ask your mother OP

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ChickenWyngz posted:

You'll have to ask your mother OP

did you and your dad both have sex with ops mom or

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

By most metrics (education, income, status), my father was better at age 31 than I am.

He did, however, marry my mother. So I feel my relationship choices have been superior.

He also became a passionate Christian in his 20s, which really confuses me.

tldr -my dad is a pretty cool guy eh who doesn't afraid of anything.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
By the age of 30, my dad killed someone.

I still have yet to pop that cherry.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im way better at sex

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

I.N.R.I posted:

now that youre in your 30s, are you as good of a person as your dad was when he qwas your age?

my dad was growing pot in the attic and I was smoking it (age 11).

my son is 11 now.

I don't have any pot in the attic so I guess I'm not as cool as my dad. I been thinking of growing shrooms tho.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Phobic Nest posted:

None of his four kids have made anything near a living wage.

He only votes pro-life lol

What a hypocrite!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

now that youre in your 30s, are you as good of a person as your dad was when he qwas your age?

No because my dad had a job and i dont, but then again he tried to kill himself in his 40's and im pretty sure i wont do that

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my dad was almost exactly like me but drunk & less fat

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
OP I'm 33 and now out lived my father, does that count?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm 37 and by that time my dad was married with 2 kids & finishing up his residency in Detroit before landing a gig as a general surgeon in Northern Bumfuck, Maine.

He made a lot more money, was an outstanding member of the community & lived a very happy life. At his funeral the hearse drove by the hospital & the entire place was at the curb in the snow to watch us go by & pay respects.

In the other hand I dated a really hot 24 year-old black chick last year while my dad married a shrill harpy that is my mother, so I guess things work out overall.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
when my dad was my age he rode a motorbike through a bonfire. i didnt have a chance really

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Financially yes

He probably worked harder than me, I don't know if that's a good thing tho

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
Well I'm not colossaly emotionally distant and incapable of expressing love for my children so I guess I win, gently caress you dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LOL if you have children. Also, you should beat them.

• Locked thread