Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
condiments?
goku
vegeta
piccolo
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

lmao

main rival: mayonnaise

dumping regular rear end mayo on a salad is the most british thing i can think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i didnt even bother looking it up because i knew it was british as soon as i read it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hobohemian posted:

WTF is salad cream?

It's miracle whip's retarded british cousin.

It's about as gross as it sounds

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i don't like how both of the goku options aren't equal in the poll

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i voted for bottom goku. get it? like gay sex.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Aioli is just garlic mayo, you don't need to give it a fancy name, just say garlic mayo

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Neptr posted:

Aioli is just garlic mayo, you don't need to give it a fancy name, just say garlic mayo

garlic aioli is garlic mayo

aioli is just mayo

get a loving clue

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i'm really racking my brain trying to think up a condiment that i don't like. i guess the closest thing is mint jelly but i can understand why people like it and i don't even dislike it. every condiment has a place in my heart, sorry OP

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I put ketchup on ny strip steak it's really good

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Business Gorillas posted:

i don't like how both of the goku options aren't equal in the poll

it's the true heart of this thread, the condiment that makes it delicious

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Major Grey's is really good on hamburgers - no joke.

Stop eating Major Grey's condiments, dammit!

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

garlic aioli is garlic mayo

aioli is just mayo

get a loving clue

Do you actually stop for a second and wonder if you're wrong or do you take pleasure in being an idiot

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont know whos right but fresh aioli is amazing

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

i dont know whos right but fresh aioli is amazing

aioli is a portmanteau of the words for "garlic" and "oil" and delicious

the huy fong chili garlic sauce that looks like sambal oelek is great on eggs and in stir fries

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Mayo and miracle whip both are for gross fat fucks which I presume basically means every goon other than myself.

The other condiments all have their place (unless we're counting guacamole, which is simply curdled green mayo).

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Mayo and miracle whip both are for gross fat fucks which I presume basically means every goon other than myself.

The other condiments all have their place (unless we're counting guacamole, which is simply curdled green mayo).

Lol at your gringo rear end that doesn't like guacamole.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Hobohemian posted:

Lol at your gringo rear end that doesn't like guacamole.

gently caress you it's flavorless curd and it probably benefits people in California.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
mayo is great for mixing a little bit into other condiments ie. w/ bbq sauce on a roast beef sandwich or aioli of course as mentioned - it also goes really well on burgers as a sort of binder for all the other poo poo that goes on them...but it does look p gross on its own and obv ppl that put globs of it all over the stuff they eat are also gross.

ketchup is of course really overrated and from like elementary school age until just a few years ago i didnt even bother putting that poo poo on french fries if eating out...and if im at home ill just use like sriracha or some other kind of common hot sauce instead

but what i really dont understand is ppl that immediately seek out the salt shaker, even before tasting the food, and throw that poo poo all over everything, this really seems like a boomer thing and i cant really think of a time when i felt compelled to seek the salt shaker because whatever i was eating did not have enough already on it/in it. however i tend to do the same thing with old bay seasoning for any kind of food that i find to be bland. it also disturbs me how much sugar ppl need dumped into their coffee, its almost hard to watch when employees at dunkin donuts toss like 5-10 teaspoons of refined sugar into an iced coffee

and the natural juices of steak provide the only condiment u really need to go with it, esp if prepared right

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 19, 2015

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I don't understand tapenade

why would you want to SPREAD olives, that's just weird

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what the gently caress guacamole are you eating that is flavorless

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I like olives, and I can see a tapenade being an effective way to add them to a sandwich.

I'm trying to wrap my head around Heinz brown sauce. A local food truck makes a really good full English breakfast & it has brown sauce in it. Is it supposed to be like A1 steak sauce?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what is a really good brown or spicy mustard that can likely be found in a grocery store? ive been meaning to pick up something good besides grey poupon to put on sausages and poo poo - i have faith that gbs goons know their mustard

naem
May 29, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

what is a really good brown or spicy mustard that can likely be found in a grocery store? ive been meaning to pick up something good besides grey poupon to put on sausages and poo poo - i have faith that gbs goons know their mustard

http://www.theonion.com/article/man-on-internet-almost-falls-into-world-of-diy-mus-17013

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Mariana Horchata posted:

Get the whole grain mustard from Trader Joe's. That poo poo is like on another level of flavor.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

TEAYCHES posted:

what the gently caress guacamole are you eating that is flavorless

I don't, please try to focus.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

gulden's spicy brown is very common and a good bratwurst mustard

you need french's yellow for a proper coney tho

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ya yellow mustard is for that mustard flavor without overpowering everything else in a good hot dog

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Not really into Tabasco. I prefer hot sauce without vinegar.

They put Tabasco on pizza here :japan: but don't offer pepper flakes.

naem
May 29, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

ya yellow mustard is for that mustard flavor without overpowering everything else in a good hot dog

Hotdogs are made of feet and buttholes and shame

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

peanut posted:

Not really into Tabasco. I prefer hot sauce without vinegar.

They put Tabasco on pizza here :japan: but don't offer pepper flakes.

Also not huge on hot sauce with vinegar. Mom's adobo dishes had way too much vinegar for my liking.

Oddly enough my favorite BBQ is North Carolina style, which is specifically a vinegar & red pepper base. I guess I specifically don't care for Tabasco.

naem posted:

Hotdogs are made of feet and buttholes and shame

please don't kinkshame.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Someone should make a bizarro hot dog that consists of a ketchup sausage topped with squeezable hot dog

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

gently caress you it's flavorless curd and it probably benefits people in California.

Make some fresh guac yourself, it's really drat easy. Use a potato masher

Anything prepackaged is garbage

Also, the only acceptable use for ketchup is on meatloaf.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

garlic spiders

:eyepop:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Zeno-25 posted:

Make some fresh guac yourself, it's really drat easy. Use a potato masher

Anything prepackaged is garbage

Also, the only acceptable use for ketchup is on meatloaf.

Good meatloaf requires no ketchup.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I know it's not the 'best' mustard but I really like the Boar's Head Delicatessen Mustard. Put a bunch of that on my sandwich, yeah.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Jose posted:

heinz salad cream has no business being on salad but works quite well in certain circumstances in a sandwich

they should just rename it next day cold pizza cream tbqh

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
thanks for the great checkbox poll OP voted 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ranch dressing on anything. Even salads. It's worse than mayo

• Locked thread