Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

kater posted:

So I know the reason there's no split-screen is because they wanted to do other things, but why the gently caress would they want to do other things.

That's hilarious. 99% of halo playing anyone I know personally has done has been split screening with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

People are playing it so that makes it better than Halo 4, and people are able to play it so that beats Halo MCC.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

I hope they don't gently caress this up like 4 and MCC!

Who am I kidding this game will be dead on arrival too. Did they ever fix MCC?

I never played 4 or MCC, what was wrong?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Anatharon posted:

That's hilarious. 99% of halo playing anyone I know personally has done has been split screening with friends.

yeah i did (ten years ago)

now i dont care unless im postin on the forums in which case it's a big deal because blank

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ethanol posted:

yeah i did (ten years ago)

now i dont care unless im postin on the forums in which case it's a big deal because blank

you are an idiot.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Anatharon posted:

you are an idiot.

whoa i have never seen such a good argument on these forums do you have law degree

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Anatharon posted:

Can't really tell you what happened with Halo 4, but official numbers from the Halo site that track players and stuff tell the results

For Halo MCC, it launched with a shitton of bugs, mostly matchmaking ones, making it actually impossible to get matches several times. They have now been a bit fixed and it kinda works apparently yet not reliably.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't really tell you what happened with Halo 4, but official numbers from the Halo site that track players and stuff tell the results

For Halo MCC, it launched with a shitton of bugs, mostly matchmaking ones, making it actually impossible to get matches several times. They have now been a bit fixed and it kinda works apparently yet not reliably.

still more popular than 99% of games on steam

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

I said come in! posted:

343 drove Halo into the ground. This series will never be good again.

Says the person who doesn't know poo poo about what makes a good pvp experience

Destiny sucks rear end. Pay us $70 to get the game experience we should have launched with.

Halo 5 is going to own

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Anatharon posted:

Your friends are scrubs and who gives a poo poo what crappy players do

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Thus, the cycle of Halo flame wars on SA continues.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

MickRaider posted:

Your friends are scrubs and who gives a poo poo what crappy players do

Sometimes it's fun to play games with your friends that aren't very good at it because you're buddies and that's more important than being an esports legend.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

If you're not dickblainin what's the point

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

my favorite part playing split screen was wishing my friend would go home so i didnt have to squint at the tiny screen and keep turning around for foot steps that were on his screen

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Wait I thought Split Screen was multiplayer only, holy hell they are running poo poo into the ground.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Obviously the best part about split screen was looking at your friends screen to see where they were camping at.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Obviously the best part about split screen was looking at your friends screen to see where they were camping at.

Screen looking accusations were the best, my apologies for possessing peripheral vision. Perhaps fashioning a crude periscope from mountain dew cans would have alleviated this.

Seriously though, no split screen is the least of this of this series worries.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I said come in! posted:

343 drove Halo into the ground. This series will never be good again.

was it good ever? nope

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Screen looking accusations were the best, my apologies for possessing peripheral vision. Perhaps fashioning a crude periscope from mountain dew cans would have alleviated this.

Seriously though, no split screen is the least of this of this series worries.

Google "split screen cardboard" images and proceed to laugh and laugh and laugh

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

icantfindaname posted:

was it good ever? nope

ODST was the only real gem.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

I love how removing split screen is the worst possible thing someone can do in a video game when so many other games are already doing it and people will defend those other options as being a good idea.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MickRaider posted:

I love how removing split screen is the worst possible thing someone can do in a video game when so many other games are already doing it and people will defend those other options as being a good idea.

Even I agree with you on this one. I don't get this need to hold onto video game trends from 1996 - 2005.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's cool, the LE of Halo 5 specifically advertises that it includes a "Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial - perfect for playing with friends". That's as good as split screen with no time-limited trial or requirement for $400+ in extra equipment, correct?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Halo 5 looks great and I can't wait to play it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

It's cool, the LE of Halo 5 specifically advertises that it includes a "Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial - perfect for playing with friends". That's as good as split screen with no time-limited trial or requirement for $400+ in extra equipment, correct?

Why do you have to buy $400 of extra equipment to play with someone? Their Xbone is their own problem.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

jivjov posted:

Why do you have to buy $400 of extra equipment to play with someone? Their Xbone is their own problem.

It would depend on your circle of friends. There's a bunch of people whom I will play games locally with but who don't have consoles of their own, for instance.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

univbee posted:

It would depend on your circle of friends. There's a bunch of people whom I will play games locally with but who don't have consoles of their own, for instance.

Yeah I'm sure u were going to split screen with your friends until ms took it away rip, are u crying m8?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Anatharon posted:

4 was just a bad game with bad design. The new enemies (prometheans) were the loving dumbest poo poo, the story is the dumbest poo poo (seriously holy loving poo poo watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4r_5AE6D4) and the multiplayer was a COD knockoff that didn't play much like halo and did all the halo things wrong so everybody hated it and pretty much a month after release nobody wanted to play anymore. They also spent a ton of time on this thing called "Spartan Ops" Which were like a strictly dumber version of firefight where you couldn't pick the map or the enemies you just had to play these missions that were re-used campaign levels. It was a huge failure.

MCC was a collection of the best Halo games and should have been an easy knock out of the park, but 343i outsourced each Halo game in the MCC to a different company, so the end result was that the games didn't play nice with each other and the whole thing was a buggy as gently caress mess. The game was literally unplayable for months after release, it was a huge joke.

Halo 5 looks better at least, although still messing up lots of what made the old games fun. (No splitscreen, story's tone is ENTIRELY different, etc.)

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
i miss halo so much :)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Is there going to be some kind of mountain dew/doritos/whatever tie-in for this? Those timed XP boost things were pretty nice to have.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Doritos are loving gross, every flavour tastes like stank

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Even I agree with you on this one. I don't get this need to hold onto video game trends from 1996 - 2005.

lol

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

I wish the bundle included two controllers

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

I wish the bundle included two controllers

For what purpose?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MickRaider posted:

For what purpose?

For splitscreen obviously.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Prometheans were OK but they needed a few tweaks to make them work. I could never catch the knight's instakill melee telegraph, for one.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

God I forgot how stupid that game was.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I said come in! posted:

Nah, Destiny PvP is great and is likely to be far and away better then Halo 5's. Lets see if 343 can actually implement features they promised this time, unlike what happened with Halo 4 where all we got was a barebones multiplayer and map creator that was no where close to what was promised and was inferior to what Halo 3 had.

lmao i love destiny but the pvp is loving broken trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
oh that guys a huge idiot. okay that makes sense now

• Locked thread