Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Tighclops posted:

Doritos are loving gross, every flavour tastes like stank

Some of the Dinomita or whatever flavors are pretty good. I'm not sure how Doritos became known as gamer food, though. You can't eat them without your hands being disgusting. Why would you hold your controller without washing them after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

I wish the bundle included two controllers

I wish it included an SNES. You could play splitscreen Mario Kart.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So for the record since this poo poo is somewhat confusing, a breakdown on the various release dates of things linked to Halo 5.

September 29th: those two Halo-themed controllers are released. Not to be confused with the Elite controller, which these are not.
October 20th: The Halo-themed console bundle and ginormous comes-with-statues edition are released. They both come with Halo 5 download vouchers so you can pre-load, but the game won't actually be playable until the 27th.
October 27th: The other physical editions of the game come out, as does the actual $150 Elite controller. That said, the Elite console BUNDLE doesn't come out until:
November 3rd, a week later: Elite console bundle comes out. No fancy look to it, it's an Xbox One with a 1tb SSHD internally, plus an Elite controller instead of a normal one.

And November 27th is Black Friday.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Even I agree with you on this one. I don't get this need to hold onto video game trends from 1996 - 2005.

it's almost like the 35 year old manchildren who were 16-25 years old over that time and are now the leaders of the nerd 'community' think all changes since they got real jobs are terrible

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 20, 2015

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

it's almost like the 35 year old manchildren who were 16-25 years old over that time and are now the leaders of the nerd 'community' think all changes since they got real jobs are terrible

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Almost Smart posted:

I wish it included an SNES. You could play splitscreen Mario Kart.

You can play splitscreen Mario Kart with every console release.

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
isn't halo 5 specifically targeting manchildren that play video games for a living, 343 should be worried if they aren't happy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

C411 posted:

isn't halo 5 specifically targeting manchildren that play video games for a living, 343 should be worried if they aren't happy

i don't think the mainstream audience for FPS games, AKA Halo and the Xbone's target audience, give that much of a poo poo. comparatively speaking fans of split-screen n64 or xbox 1 dorm play are really small in number, nearly all 13 year old Real Americans killing towelheads with their friends in call of duty are doing it online

of course, given 343's history with online netcode that may not be much help to them

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

4 was just a bad game with bad design. The new enemies (prometheans) were the loving dumbest poo poo, the story is the dumbest poo poo (seriously holy loving poo poo watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4r_5AE6D4) and the multiplayer was a COD knockoff that didn't play much like halo and did all the halo things wrong so everybody hated it and pretty much a month after release nobody wanted to play anymore. They also spent a ton of time on this thing called "Spartan Ops" Which were like a strictly dumber version of firefight where you couldn't pick the map or the enemies you just had to play these missions that were re-used campaign levels. It was a huge failure.

MCC was a collection of the best Halo games and should have been an easy knock out of the park, but 343i outsourced each Halo game in the MCC to a different company, so the end result was that the games didn't play nice with each other and the whole thing was a buggy as gently caress mess. The game was literally unplayable for months after release, it was a huge joke.

Halo 5 looks better at least, although still messing up lots of what made the old games fun. (No splitscreen, story's tone is ENTIRELY different, etc.)

Goddam put a trigger warning on that video link, that's the part of Halo 4 that made me literally cry while asking how somebody looked at this and said yeah this is ok. 10 years of continuity gone in a paragraph and a half.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Whats this poo poo about split-screen ending in 2005? Every loving 360 game that was popular had splitscreen.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
The teens of now tend to interact with their peers more online than in person. It's more common for high schoolers to play games co-op over the Internet than going to their friends house and playing there.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Goddam put a trigger warning on that video link, that's the part of Halo 4 that made me literally cry while asking how somebody looked at this and said yeah this is ok. 10 years of continuity gone in a paragraph and a half.

My buddy (who is a huge Halo fan) and I were playing through the Halo 4 campaign earlier this year, and we came to the conclusion that Halo 4 is basically awful Halo fan-fiction with a triple A budget. After that realization, like most fan-fiction, it becomes really funny and oddly sad.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

MickRaider posted:

For what purpose?

irony

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

It would be ironic if we were all made of iron.

Just a little RvB humor for you Halo fans

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Chairman Wao posted:

It would be ironic if we were all made of iron.

Just a little RvB humor for you Halo fans

Well *I* think it would be ironic if, instead of bullets, our guns fired a healing salve that cured all wounds.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo 5 leaks:

http://imgur.com/a/yaMxo

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Let's see those proof pictures

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I don't even give enough of a poo poo to see the leaks of the 10th halo game. I can actually wait for it and see what it's all about the.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

For those of you who aren't super-serious about your Halo 5 spoilers, a bunch of footage is out, linked from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1115882

At least the normalmode vids are at 60fps.

For those of you who are, you'll probably have to avoid Halo discussions for a few days at least.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

How to make an entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bYEToC0zA
Blue team intro

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

http://www.gamezone.com/news/phil-spencer-confident-halo-5-won-t-repeat-the-master-chief-collection-s-disastrous-launch-3425370

See I told you guys it was a different team!

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

This is like an NHL training camp interview.

"343 is in the best shape of its life leading up to this release"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"The MCC launch taught many important lessons about how to get online working to the dev team which worked on it. Also, Halo 5's online is being done by a completely different team."

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

They learned a valuable lesson, like fire everyone on the mcc launch team

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

loving :lol:

That headline

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Man, there is a lot of CGI videos coming out for this game. Im guessing its going to be bad.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Laserface posted:

Im guessing its going to be bad.

Just like your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iceburn:

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Laserface posted:

Man, there is a lot of CGI videos coming out for this game. Im guessing its going to be bad.

343i really wants everyone to know they saw The Avengers and thought it was awesome.

Still hold a modicum of foolish optimism for this game (the multiplayer anyway). I don't shoot man very often, but when I do, I prefer to shoot the man as John Halo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Laserface posted:

The bad thing is how loving lame that introduction was for Blue Team compared to the one the new folks got, even though Blue Team are original Spartans and should be able to turn the new fuckers into paste.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
New ingame footage

http://i.imgur.com/6GNJHpq.gifv

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm not sure how Doritos became known as gamer food, though. You can't eat them without your hands being disgusting. Why would you hold your controller without washing them after that?

all "snack" foods that leave an absolutely vile residue of chemical ~flavour~ dust on the hands can be safely considered gamer food. also lol if you think the filthy creatures that actively want to eat Doritos "Mexican" rear end Shavings/Cheetos TaintCheese Blast/Chex Party Pube Mix/etc care about doing more than licking their tumescent nerd claws before touching a controller.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBNfdNKIKSk

Campaign preview. No real spoilers but don't watch if you wanna be dark

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MickRaider posted:

How to make an entrance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bYEToC0zA
Blue team intro

Is it me or does the elite's sword go right through the torso of one of the spartans? :v:

PriorMarcus posted:

The bad thing is how loving lame that introduction was for Blue Team compared to the one the new folks got, even though Blue Team are original Spartans and should be able to turn the new fuckers into paste.

The blue team intro is what I expect from Halo, the other team's intro was Final Fantasy.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Is it me or does the elite's sword go right through the torso of one of the spartans? :v:

I thought so too but it looks like he just barely ducks.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

univbee posted:

I thought so too but it looks like he just barely ducks.

Yeah he just barely ducks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

-A n i m 8- posted:

Yeah he just barely ducks.

Nah I just re-watched it, the MC maybe ducks but the dude in white on the left just stands there and the sword goes right through his leg. Whoops.

In the next shot you see the sword going over the MC who is ducking, maybe that's what you're talking about.

I'm talking about the dude in white looking armor (I think its the lighting, it looks light-green in the next shot) on the left. His foot has been severed by elite sword.

Who was the elite even trying to hit? He kinda swings between the MC and that other guy. Its awkward. A minor detail but still.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The whole sequence is awkward. The Spartans might as well be in their t-pose.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

White dude was further back than the MC and he swings right between the two

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The Elites behave really stupidly during that, like they just instinctively run forward at the Spartans with their swords, oblivious to the massive hull breach directly behind them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
Good feedback.

• Locked thread