Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Loved that episode - managed to call the time loop early (with the shovels) but that just made it more fun.

I was honestly expecting Clara to turn around and look something like this:

But I was glad it was just his memory of her :3: Think we'll end next week's episode with a new companion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Vanderdeath posted:

So, what's the over/under on both Me being the hybrid (duh) and Peter Capaldi's appearance in the Fires of Pompeii being some sort of hybrid amalgamation of the Doctor due to [time reasons]?

Hasn't that already been touched on? He remembered that he "chose that face" because he always goes back to rescue people.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I guess a pertinent question rising from that episode is do all Time Lords have a confession dial? Is it a Time Lord invention?

Or is a confession dial something else, invented by another race. I mean, who would invent such a thing for themselves?

"I know, we'll create a pocket torture dimension for each and every one of our race, capital idea!"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: I'm sorry to keep on going on about this, but the idea of,"So ALL confession dials are actually personal torture devices that the Time Lords make for themselves?" strikes me as the same kind of thinking as,"There was a spike trap under that pile of leaves, why do humans hide spike traps under ALL piles of leaves in the world?"

Just speculating :) The Doctor's confession dial is the only one we've encountered, so it may even be one of a kind. Or like I said, it might be meant for convicted criminals on the galactic equivalent of death row. We don't know how he got it, after all, just that it exists and Missy wanted it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I didn't mind that episode (my wife hated the sunglasses so she was very happy the screwdriver returned) and having only watched the reboot I was a bit confused by all the Gallifrey stuff - it was only through reading threads like these afterwards that I realised that Rasillon was the Timothy Dalton character.

An issue I have with this episode - and it may just be ABC's iView player - a lot of the dialogue is hard to hear over the music. I didn't hear the resurrected General's sassy remark for example. I do get that the Doctor shot him/her to buy himself a few minutes of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

??

MysticalMachineGun fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 26, 2015

• Locked thread