Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
The Doctor describing the beacon: "It could be [a distress call], or a warning. Might even be a call to arms. It could mean 'Come here, they're vulnerable, help yourself.'"

I don't remember what episode, but wasn't the Cloister Bell once described very much like that? (Well, aside from the last bit.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Cloister Bell means catastrophic danger. If it is ringing, things are bad.

Well, yes, I know that's how it's normally used, but I could've sworn it was once given a longer description, including specifically the "call to arms" bit. But I could be misremembering.

Diabolik900 posted:

It's been overused the last few years though. It would really mean a lot more if it wasn't used multiple times a season.
I think this is part of the problem with having a fan run the show. Fans just love it when the Cloister Bell rings, so if you're running the show, "Let's have it ring! Again!"

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

qntm posted:

Unrelatedly, have I missed something or is there no hyper-obvious recurring season-long arc thingy developing just yet?

cargohills posted:

I think the season arc is the confession dial.

It will be interesting to see if the third story has anything about the Doctor dying. Story 1, he leaves behind his confession dial/is going to die. Story 2, his "ghost" shows up.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

What was Kate (or Zygon-Kate, I guess) holding up when she reported in to Zygon-Clara that UNIT had been neutralized?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

I liked the setup, I liked the "we don't have helmet cams bit," sleep eye sand mucus monsters was a dumb explanation but I was willing to roll with it. That could have been a pretty good episode if it had an actual ending but it really did feel like they just stopped short.

• Locked thread