Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Trin Tragula posted:

Consolidated rating for The Witch's Familiar: 5.71 million, the lowest since 2005. Or, put another way, a show that used to sit up with Coronation Street and EastEnders in the weekly charts is now being handily beaten by loving Emmerdale. Once again, the limit of timeshifting appears to be about 2 million regardless of whatever else was going on during original broadcast. If ratings stay at this level I wouldn't be surprised if something happens in time for the next series.

Meanwhile, Under the Lake got an AI of 84, so at least the people who are left are still enjoying it.

I'd imagine Moffat and possibly Peter C. could be kicked loose. New blood, get people excited again and all that. I seriously doubt they'll cancel it yet. This could be the point where the Doctor becomes a woman finally, that'd get viewers.

Tikifire fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

RunAndGun posted:

I would hope not (about Peter C). Clara would be booted before 13, I would think. A lot easier (on the audience?) for a companion to leave than a Doctor.

And the woman thing might, but I would think it would be taken as a gimmic, and the ratings would just go crashing back down again, since it wasn't the Doctor's gender that got us here in the first place.

I'd definitely hope not too, I love Peter's Doctor so far.

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

That was a great episode! The slow burn at the first while the reveals come, then the montage getting faster and faster to the end. Yeah, the hybrid stuff is a bit annoying at this point but at least they haven't bludgeoned us with it like they did Missy last season and the cracks and etc...

Watching it a second time with my wife last night I noticed some of the really cool moments I missed first time around, and enjoyed it even more, though she, surprisingly hated the whole thing. She said it was just "Moffatt being Moffetty, look at how smart I am, I'm tricking you, etc..." which I can see a bit, but I'd have to agree with other posters that it seems to be what he does best (and hardly does any more).

Capaldi really sold the whole thing. I'm not sure any of our modern Docs could have pulled off that episode, and even if they had it wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

• Locked thread