Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

birthday boys is pretty good. and gbs would probably like it because its a sketch comedy show consisting of 7 white guys

:firstpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
a few people etnion narcos I suggest it also

anyways, if you havent seen Narcos I sugest u want it I watched it and it was the best show since True Detectives season 2 and now i gnna watch "Person of INternest?" or "Mr Robot"

Everyone says to watch those two shows, theyboth sound sucktacular ... any idea?

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
X-Files is for sure the way to go. I'm on Season 3 now and it's good af.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Flambeau posted:

Black Mirror - interesting, dystopian vignettes
Orphan Black - sci fi drama about cloning, the lead actress is pretty amazing

I hear very good things about Black Mirror

Orphan Black is a soap opera type drama camouflaged as sci fi. The main character is a fantastic actress and the only thing about that show that is not boring. The actors all around the main character are subpar and their storylines just drag.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Helical Nightmares posted:

I hear very good things about Black Mirror

Orphan Black is a soap opera type drama camouflaged as sci fi. The main character is a fantastic actress and the only thing about that show that is not boring. The actors all around the main character are subpar and their storylines just drag.

Well. The soap opera bit was a little harsh but otherwise....yeah pretty much.

She is a loving phenomenal actress and deserves every Emmy you can throw at her.

The dude version doesn't come close.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

FormaldehydeSon posted:

mr robot and fear the walking dead are both terrible bad shows, so probably those other two are also terrible

Mr. Robot is an amazing show. Fear of the walking dead is just getting started so give it some time to get good.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I watched the Mr. Robot show that people talk about. People said that the first episode was amazing but afterward it flagged. I found it to be consistently an above average show in each episode. B all the way through, no A+, no C. I am worried that it is going to do a Utopia and the second season will WHAT A TWEEST itself into oblivion but I will probably watch the second season.

I did not think USA or any other bogstandard cable network capable of making a show that was that good anyway, not that it was super great, but it was a good show.

I will never rewatch it and therefore it is not The Wire or Breaking Bad or Wonder Showzen but I'm glad someone made the Mr. Robot show and that I saw it once.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Sheep-Goats posted:

I watched the Mr. Robot show that people talk about. People said that the first episode was amazing but afterward it flagged. I found it to be consistently an above average show in each episode. B all the way through, no A+, no C. I am worried that it is going to do a Utopia and the second season will WHAT A TWEEST itself into oblivion but I will probably watch the second season.

I did not think USA or any other bogstandard cable network capable of making a show that was that good anyway, not that it was super great, but it was a good show.

I will never rewatch it and therefore it is not The Wire or Breaking Bad or Wonder Showzen but I'm glad someone made the Mr. Robot show and that I saw it once.

Thing about Mr Robot is that at the end of the first episode it has so much potential, there's so many ways they could have taken it, but it just ends up being fight club 2015. It's not that it gets drastically worse so much as you slowly start to realise that it is never going to be as good as the first episode hints it could be. The villain guy for example, I thought it would keep us guessing whether or not he was an f society plant, but nope, he's just a cartoonishly evil patrick bateman whose actions don't really even affect the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

monkey posted:

Thing about Mr Robot is that at the end of the first episode it has so much potential, there's so many ways they could have taken it, but it just ends up being fight club 2015.

Except it does that on purpose, so you don't even see the other big plot twist coming. Every time you think you know what's going on, it side swipes and you realise you know nothing (and it doesn't do it in a really dumb way that doesn't check out when you re-watch preceding episodes). It's real good, and beautifully shot if you care about how things look.

• Locked thread