Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

We've rebooted just about everything else, why not Conan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texasmed
May 27, 2004
:firstpost:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
jimmy fallon sucks, yeah

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
like the barbarian or what?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the Jason Momoa one from 2011 was so disappointing

i read a Conan book and he climbed into a window and found a princess who got all scared, so he quickly had sex with her and she went to sleep before alerting the guards, and he continued on his way

thats the poo poo i'm into with Conan

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Colbert is going to put them all out on the streets, who cares.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Let's change Andy into a strong, independent female.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
LOL OP I AGREE IT IS TIME TO REBOOT CONAN

CONAN O'BRIEN! LOL! Could you imagine if you could reboot a talk show host??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
No but seriously it's actually time for a Red Sonja reboot. And not some grimdark serious poo poo, I'm talking zany fantasy stuff.

Need some super hammy actress to play Queen Gedron.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The loving barbarian you goddamn apes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

No. 6 posted:

Conan O'Brien might be Irish but his people haven't been barbarians for decades, OP.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

No. 6 posted:

that's a different movie

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

conan is different in the books than in the arnie movie. he's like, a smirky rear end in a top hat who brags how he'll gently caress up anyone, and then he does because he can. He thinks everyone from the city is a little weak bitch compared to him and he'll climb any wall and fight any fool.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
It'd be really hard to play a Conan reboot straight. It's been a long time since there was an actual Conan thing and even longer since it made any waves but he's still the most parodied and generic fantasy guy of them all.

You could make a really hammy comedy, or you could try and undermine the whole concept, and maybe you'd make something that people would care about. But I'm pretty sure the people who actually want a Conan reboot would get mad at that (all four of them).

What I'm saying is we need a Cohen the Barbarian movie instead. With Sean Connery.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Remake's been done already, goons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Conan: You killed my mother! You killed my father, you killed my people! You took my father's sword... ah -
[Rexor twists his arm]
Thulsa Doom: Ah. It must have been when I was younger. There was a time, boy, when I searched for steel, when steel meant more to me than gold or jewels.
Conan: The riddle... of steel.
Thulsa Doom: Yes! You know what it is, don't you boy? Shall I tell you? It's the least I can do. Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! Look around you. There, on the rocks; a beautiful girl. Come to me, my child...
[coaxes the girl to jump to her death]
Thulsa Doom: That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!

naem
May 29, 2011

It's on Netflix

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
i like kull

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDOWEyidEc

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
They did this 4 years ago

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

They dont need to do a reboot, they need to make a proper sequel with Arnie as an old as gently caress Conan who still kicks rear end and punches out camels.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

shiksa posted:

jimmy fallon sucks, yeah

*fake laughter followed by another fake laughter at the formerly funny artie langes story that never happened*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Is his show good and popular

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The last Conan movie started out in a way that made me really wish they'd say gently caress it and just do a Kratos movie instead. I just want to watch an hour and a half of a guy being a total rear end in a top hat and killing people in increasingly hilarious and insane ways. And monsters, giant ones.

It's a doomed prospect though. They couldn't even get Conan right in the 80s after the first one.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Blazing Ownager posted:

The last Conan movie started out in a way that made me really wish they'd say gently caress it and just do a Kratos movie instead. I just want to watch an hour and a half of a guy being a total rear end in a top hat and killing people in increasingly hilarious and insane ways. And monsters, giant ones.

It's a doomed prospect though. They couldn't even get Conan right in the 80s after the first one.
i was gonna say Korgoth of Barbaria is pretty much exactly what i want here but i have no idea how it didn't go beyond the pilot

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
conan is wandering or w/e

conan finds a white lady

conan bones the white lady and then conquers a city or a pirateship or something

doesnt like magic and kills the sorcerers

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Ever read the original Oliver Stone script? Its wild.

1982 Conan is perfect, all attempts at a reboot will end in deserved failure.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

oh all black people are evil and conan kills them a lot

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
a really lavish elric movie would be crazy but it would never happen

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

FordPRefectLL posted:

Conan's friend is Mongolian, and his wizard friend is Japanese. Its very progressive.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FordPRefectLL posted:

Obama has much in common with Thulsa Doom

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Agag posted:

Conan's friend is Mongolian, and his wizard friend is Japanese. Its very progressive.

i don't know which story it was based on but in the story he probably stone cold murdered them the second he smelled pussy

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

FordPRefectLL posted:

i don't know which story it was based on but in the story he probably stone cold murdered them the second he smelled pussy

I never read read the books. After Lovecraft I figured I'd read enough pulp-era racist fiction.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

just turn a art like this into a movie BAM all there is to it

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
As my pastor tells me regularly "Conan the Barbarian? More like Heck yeah, the Awesome man of coolness."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
realtalk who still watches tonight shows?

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

just turn a art like this into a movie BAM all there is to it

An Elric movie would be loving epic!

For Conan, I don't see why they couldn't go back to one of the earlier stories like The Scarlet Citadel or The Hour of the Dragon as a full length movie.
King Conan is best Conan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

CONAN O'BRIEN! LOL! Could you imagine if you could reboot a talk show host??
they did reboot him; the old conan threw a gig and played freebird on the teevee before his corporate overlords shut him off

er ey pee oldconan

• Locked thread