Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
For 15 years I have felt shame and regret for having been a missionary. Please berate me so I have a reason outside myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
It's ok.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You did god's work, LOL

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

No, come on, help me out. Tell me I'm a dumb human being for believing in god and telling other people to do it too. Anything.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
im gay AND a cuck

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

is shame your kink? cuz if so thats disgusting

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Amorphous Blob posted:

is shame your kink? cuz if so thats disgusting

My life would be way more fulfilling if this were the case. Sadly, my kink is monastic asceticism.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

No, come on, help me out. Tell me I'm a dumb human being for believing in god and telling other people to do it too. Anything.

No way that's mean.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Crimson Harvest posted:

My life would be way more fulfilling if this were the case. Sadly, my kink is monastic asceticism.

sometimes i imagine a man who lives on a mountain all by himself and then i ask what does he know

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm white.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

im gay

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've been doing missionary with your mom for 15 years

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

I've been doing missionary with your mom for 15 years

This gave me a hearty lol, thanks. But not what I was looking for. Thanks for trying tho!

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
tell us how did you started / stopped believing in god

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

ive been a missionary in your mom for 15 years

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Being a missionary is bad enough, but an ascetic? You, sir, are unworthy of approbation, and merely justify a vitriolic contempt.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Im a princess :forkbomb:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Novo posted:

tell us how did you started / stopped believing in god

I don't think I ever really did. I just felt like it was my duty, and I diligently did what I thought was required of me.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

i am very full, and tired. heard any knock knock jokes

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
What kind of missionary? I can only disapprove of missionaries who are the wrong kind of christian.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Ceciltron posted:

What kind of missionary? I can only disapprove of missionaries who are the wrong kind of christian.

mormon, ofc

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Did you convert a pagan?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Did you convert a pagan?

No, only other kinds of semi-christians.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Crimson Harvest posted:

I don't think I ever really did. I just felt like it was my duty, and I diligently did what I thought was required of me.

Nice non answer

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
I am truley sorry for your lots.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Methanar posted:

Nice non answer

Ok, I started because I was told to as a child. I stopped because everything is dogshit forever, and pretending magic is real is insane.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
MISSION FAILED

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
A friend of mine told me in his country they call mormons "family ruiners" because they would convert people then turn them against their families, creating crises in what were previously happy villages.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Crimson Harvest posted:

Ok, I started because I was told to as a child. I stopped because everything is dogshit forever, and pretending magic is real is insane.

Go on.

Were you ever abused as a kid?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
nah OP it's ok being a missionary sucks because it doesn't get results and is a sisyphean task and is thus a respectable endeavor if voluntary

it's ok to be stupid sometimes

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dont believe in mormon, but i think its good you did something you thought would help people even if the core belief is twisted and wrong. i think you will look back and feel positive about your experiences and im sure you changed lives (hopefully they dont turn out like you lol) anywhos i think its great and i wish more people would make that kind of sacrifice. you are good man, whatever your name is. live long and prosper. you are free.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oh nevermind i just read the rest of your posts. kill yourself charlatan, you are dog poo poo. you are truly human garbage. die.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

You did god's work, LOL

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
just kidding i have a friend who was raised mormon, you'll be fine, dont kill yourself, try to not be an rear end in a top hat. never have kids.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Methanar posted:

Go on.

Were you ever abused as a kid?

Yes, but not by my own family as far as I can remember.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Crimson Harvest posted:

Yes, but not by my own family as far as I can remember.

Well, that's good then!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm not very religious, but you did what you thought was right and worked to help people. You also traveled and expanded your horizons and stuff, and it probably helped you grow as a person.

So no, gently caress you, I'm not gonna insult you to feed your shame fetish you hosed up weirdo.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
But now you can enjoy Book of Mormon on a whole different level than most of us

Smelly Bohemian fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 19, 2015

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
Does Mormonism gently caress people up? Every Mormon I knew was a really nice guy, except for this dick named Chipper who used to like to bully kids and beat them up, but he was a moron and I doubt he was particularly religious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Bad Titty Puker posted:

Does Mormonism gently caress people up? Every Mormon I knew was a really nice guy, except for this dick named Chipper who used to like to bully kids and beat them up, but he was a moron and I doubt he was particularly religious.

Doesn't seem to mess you up any worse, or less, than any other kind of fundamentalist evangelical religion. I guess it depends on the rest of your social factors.

• Locked thread