Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Beat this game yesterday. Absolutely loved it. I think it struck a pretty good balance between Penumbra/Amnesia1 and a more "walking simulator" style game like Machine for Pigs. I didn't miss inventory management at all, and I thought the monster segments and puzzles didn't overstay their welcome or get in the way.

As part of my annual Spooky Games Month I streamed the whole playthrough and made a playlist on YT with the vods, if anyone is interested in watching. Parts 6-8 are still processing I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eydAlcVNS3M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not sure if there's a way out of that situation but the game stores a few saves back so you might be able to reload

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Battuta posted:

It's frustrating to see the 'coin flip' analogy brought up so often in discussions of this game, because it's purely a device to trick Simon. In reality (assuming you actually understand the scanning process) you, the you who sits down for the scan, are guaranteed to enter the ARK. You're also guaranteed to be left behind. You produce two valid causal forks, each of which is definitely, absolutely going to subjectively feel like you.

There's no flip to be lost: it's definitely going to come up heads AND tails.

I was writing an effortpost about why this is wrong but TGLT said it well. Catherine was perfectly forthcoming with Simon, he just didn't understand it or (more likely) was in denial about the possibility of being stranded on a dead earth

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
On the one hand i thought it was kind of weird that Simon's brain makes its way underwater in the future purely by coincidence but on the other hand i thought it was kind of cool that you're not playing as ~*The Chosen One Of Prophecy Who Shall Save Humanity*~ like every other game

• Locked thread