Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

ethanol posted:

I dont know how to lift weights

"oh wow, you look like you bicycle!" - something literally nobody has said since the beginning of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
smoking 20 cigarettes a day and still lame

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

rezatahs posted:

"oh wow, you look like you bicycle!" - something literally nobody has said since the beginning of time

ill be the first

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I smoke, never exercise, eat fast food a couple times a week and have a nice tight body. Sorry OP.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm very underweight though.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
my balls have a nice musk after a good lift

lift weights do steroids opp

be alpha

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

DeadBlack posted:

smoking 20 cigarettes a day and still lame

experiment with these until you find one that makes you swag af

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

ethanol posted:

you must look god drat retarded on your bike when you do 10-20 seconds of MAX POWER lmfao

OP your probably one of those noob b*tches that downshifts all the way going up a hill and looks like a noob f*ggot pedaling a million rpm yet literally travels slower than a small child crawling. noob

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Amnomia posted:

OP your probably one of those noob b*tches that downshifts all the way going up a hill and looks like a noob f*ggot pedaling a million rpm yet literally travels slower than a small child crawling. noob

wow. this. [talk-about-owned.gif]

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Amnomia posted:

wow. this. [talk-about-owned.gif]

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

thats not the gif i was thinking about matey but thank u for the support.

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

your cool, brother.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Amnomia posted:

your cool, brother.

no i was calling you that

and yeah, im ballin as gently caress

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Matey posted:

no i was calling you that

and yeah, im ballin as gently caress

oh no WTF

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
start lifting weights (lotta beginners guides on the ol' www, starting strength could be ok?). add in stuff like pushups, squats etc (check out 100 pushups and such, they have apps too). watch what you eat, ramp up protein and throw in lots of veggies and whole grains and some cool fats too.

i believe in you OP :)

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Amnomia posted:

oh no WTF

yeah bud, i know

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Amnomia posted:

actually this is true but only because my high gears are completely out of tune and i can't even use the big gear

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I've had mixed results with bicycling. I haven't lost weight, especially around the midsection, but I've built a lot of leg muscle and built a lot of endurance.

When I did take up weight lifting, even a little bit with dumbbells, I felt a pretty immediate effect when bicycling, especially on hills.

There is a lot of ways to bicycle. People sometimes bicycle purely for "exercise", in the sense of cardiovascular, and those people are usually suburbanites who are going around a closed route before they go back to their apartment building. If you are doing that, on a road bike, it makes sense to go fast and see how far you can push yourself. If you are bicycling for adventure, going on routes you don't know and trying to see things you don't know, that is a good way to get really sick. Bicycling while hungry, thirsty or hot is a good way to get sick or injure yourself through distraction.

Sorry for serious posting in GBS.

naem
May 29, 2011

Champenema posted:

Lost about 20 lbs this summer biking about the same amount on flat trails. Blaze up, earbuds in, then sing lovely pop songs to the woodchucks & bunnies at the top of my lungs.
Eating and drinking as much as I like, mostly cum.

:911:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

glowing-fish posted:

take up lifting,

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

ethanol posted:

actually this is true but only because my high gears are completely out of tune and i can't even use the big gear

my advice fix ur bike or get a new one (my advice craigslist XD) get up get up get up on ur FEET going up the hills dont be a noob

and check out "intermittent fasting" more specifically leangains

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

bicycles are for children gfg

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Hmmm let me see, what is a more fun and challenging activity? Maybe I could get on a bicycle and bicycle 20 miles up a mountain road into the middle of the Rocky Mountains, where I can sit next to a clean, roaring mountain stream and enjoy the thrill of being by myself in nature, or I can sit out in my garage moving my arms in the same motions on an old bench next to my Camaro while listening to Megadeth. HMmmmm...what sounds better?

I mean, I know the average goon lives in an exurb of Indianapolis or some other boring midwestern city and the only things in bicycling range are the Olive Garden and the OTHER Olive Garden, but that isn't true of all of us.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

glowing-fish posted:

Hmmm let me see, what is a more fun and challenging activity? Maybe I could get on a bicycle and bicycle 20 miles up a mountain road into the middle of the Rocky Mountains, where I can sit next to a clean, roaring mountain stream and enjoy the thrill of being by myself in nature, or I can sit out in my garage moving my arms in the same motions on an old bench next to my Camaro while listening to Megadeth. HMmmmm...what sounds better?

I propose doing one today and the other tomorrow.

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Matey posted:

bicycles are for children gfg

u are really getting on my last nerve, "matey."

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

withak posted:

I propose doing one today and the other tomorrow.

maybe compare and contrast the breadsticks at each location. Yeah this seems good

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Amnomia posted:

u are really getting on my last nerve, "matey."

I'm sorry

NOT

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i gotta go with megadeth and the camaro tbh

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ElectricSheep posted:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

count ur fuckin calories m8

^ your 3 beers could be at least 300 calories depending on what you're drinking

I lost like 45 lbs in like 5 months in 2013 by doing this also exercising a lot

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

glowing-fish posted:

I mean, I know the average goon lives in an exurb of Indianapolis or some other boring midwestern city and the only things in bicycling range are the Olive Garden and the OTHER Olive Garden, but that isn't true of all of us.

biking is a hobby for losers and women

real men interact with other men in the gym

lift weights and gently caress twinks in the shower

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

ethanol posted:

i go faster than everybody else passing everybody doing 20 miles 4 miles up hill and i am still skinny fat plz help

please understand that you will never, ever, EVER be good enough for us

you will live life under the livid gaze of angry, beautiful people who resent your fatness

you are gross and unloved

you will never change this

never

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
become strong fat

lift weights

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don't know how

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Cycling only works the vaginal muscles and nothing else so cycling 20 miles is only equal to one taco bell fart.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

glowing-fish posted:

Lucky for me the forestry industry in BC has blessed us with virtually an endless amount of fire roads for easy access to nature.

Just blot the clear cuts from your brain! Seriously look at a satellite map of Vancouver Island it's kinda patchy.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

numberoneposter posted:

Lucky for me the forestry industry in BC has blessed us with virtually an endless amount of fire roads for easy access to nature.

Just blot the clear cuts from your brain! Seriously look at a satellite map of Vancouver Island it's kinda patchy.

why are you not in victoria right now picking up 19 year old nursing students?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

why are you not in victoria right now picking up 19 year old nursing students?
its sunday but yes i cant confirm she was a nursing student and i can only remember her last name (dobson???)

edit: i live in vic

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

just lol if you wear that spandex poo poo while you bike

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

one of my favorite "pick up lines" is to show girls my ridiculous tan lines because im really tanned but then the cut off at my arms and legs is razor sharp

it grosses some girls out lol but most of them seem to like it or at least find it amusing and not A Bad Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im getting really sick of your poo poo

• Locked thread