Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Beg your way into one of those oil roughnecker jobs you hear so much about where they make ridiculous amounts of money basically destroying their bodies with 80+ hour work weeks of hard labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Mining in Australia

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
literally any sales jobs that isn't selling crap door to door or in a call center.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

SealHammer posted:

Beg your way into one of those oil roughnecker jobs you hear so much about where they make ridiculous amounts of money basically destroying their bodies with 80+ hour work weeks of hard labor

For 2 weeks straight.

I know a guy who does that, he makes 90k/yr at 25, and he's one of the guys that gets to come home at night. I know someone who was a foreman/supervisor and didn't get to come home to his family at night. He was making 180k a year in Texas. With the lower oil price, though, they kept cutting his pay.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Software project manager. You don't need to know how to code. Just understand how people work together and learn about teams!

Easily make at least $125k in the bay area.

You're not going to be a great PM but you'll make money for a while.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Military Sealift Command is currently hiring wipers. Go to sea and do manual labor for $36K a year. No real requirements other than getting some basic coast guard courses and a TWIC. Then after a while apply for some higher level position like a Able Seaman as you rate sea time and experience. Go to school for higher level certs on their dime and end up in a $80K a year spot in a few years.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Untagged posted:

Military Sealift Command is currently hiring wipers. Go to sea and do manual labor for $36K a year. No real requirements other than getting some basic coast guard courses and a TWIC. Then after a while apply for some higher level position like a Able Seaman as you rate sea time and experience. Go to school for higher level certs on their dime and end up in a $80K a year spot in a few years.

Don't ship out for 36k a year, :wtc:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FrozenVent posted:

Don't ship out for 36k a year, :wtc:

Some people also think $430 is a lot of money. It's relative.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Commercial real estate appraiser.

All you need is a college degree and willingness to make peanuts ($30k to $40k) for ~3 years.

A licensed commercial real estate appraiser makes about $130,000 per year, and all you really do is write the same term paper over and over.

Also a great way to learn about the region you live in!

I love my job, and it was an opportunity open to me even thought I hosed around in college and got an unmarketable degree with a low GPA.

I have a degree and love peanuts! I did some research on this and in order to get licensed you need 2000 logged hours with a supervisor? Will a bank or firm hire on trainees or do I have to find a crochety old appraiser who's willing to train his replacement while paying him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
Union refinery operators can easily make 135-150k. And you really only work 2 hours out of your 12 hour shifts (95% of the time). I've seen hair dressers and lawyers get those jobs. Mostly former mechanics, in my experience. No degree necessary or expected. Usually you need an in, though.

• Locked thread