Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, Shawn Watson thought Swoopes was better than Heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

buddhanc posted:

Not like Case "Greatest American Hero" Mccoy IMO

What he's got hella moxie

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
Red River Shootout should should be interesting this year, OU's lack of defense vs Texas.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

What he's got hella moxie

That's what I meant man

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

Tide posted:

I'm just going to drink more

Me, too. Just because of raging alcoholism. :(

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

computer parts posted:

A&M did stuff and I guess we didn't take our foot off the gas this week.

Optimistic about the season still, but the next few weeks are going to be terrible (except :razorback: apparently).

we're winning the west.

:getin:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
BRING ME YOUR HOTTEST SEC TAKES I DEMAND THEM

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Case McCoy's defeat of A&M is the second-greatest football game Texas has ever played.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

ZeroPrimal posted:

OU's defense is hot garbage. Holy poo poo, am I glad we have Baker Mayfield.

Baker Mayfield Owns. Mike stoops still can't stop the spread. Might be able to win the big 12 since Baker Mayfield owns and the other big 12 defenses can't stop the spread either. Big 12 is going to put up MACtion points per game. All is good. Unfortunately Notre Dame is probably going to cruise its way to the playoff unless Clemson gets them next week. gently caress Texas, Alabama, and especially Arkansas. Georgia may actually end up winning the SEC this year (they wont).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aW5Bz_L8tg Bielema getting owned by the dreamiest man alive.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

Lord Vader has failed to root out this rebel scum.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

PrinceRandom posted:

we're winning the west.

:getin:

I wish I shared your optimism :(

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This wouldn't have happened if ESPN hadn't spent all week calling our offense "unstoppable" :smith:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
K-State won. It took three overtimes against LA Tech.

On the other hand, a lot of the rest of the Big XII sucked, so maybe we'll still win 9 games this year.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

CoronaryBypass posted:

Baker Mayfield Owns. Mike stoops still can't stop the spread. Might be able to win the big 12 since Baker Mayfield owns and the other big 12 defenses can't stop the spread either. Big 12 is going to put up MACtion points per game. All is good. Unfortunately Notre Dame is probably going to cruise its way to the playoff unless Clemson gets them next week. gently caress Texas, Alabama, and especially Arkansas. Georgia may actually end up winning the SEC this year (they wont).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aW5Bz_L8tg Bielema getting owned by the dreamiest man alive.
:respek:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

CoronaryBypass posted:

Kliff-kun is so drat sugoi

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Emron posted:

All of these people are me

This girl is probably not telling the truth:

Wacky poo poo happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnlp53tsJaI

https://vine.co/v/ePzIAphXmFv

And USC lost, I guess.

That bama-pop isn't very tasty Hmm imgur just changed their layout, annoying

Huskies owned, :woof:

A lot of supposedly good teams played like poo poo today, yet still limped away with wins. :( Almost-upset-saturday

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

NickRoweFillea posted:

SEC stands for SUCKERS EATIN CROW.

Sadly the story-line monday will be about how the Big XII sucks Because it does lol

TECH GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I don't even care now that I need BYU to win. gently caress 'em.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

As long as Coker is starting behind center we deserve to lose every goddamn game.

My only actual regret in this case is that this one was to a piece of poo poo school like Ole' Miss.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Numlock posted:

SEC stands for SUCKERS EATIN CROW.

Sadly the story-line monday will be about how the Big XII sucks SEC doesn't suck. Because it does lol

TECH GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

NickRoweFillea posted:

Georgia owns

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For one night I'll ignore Ole Miss' racism and general shittyness to say Hotty loving Toddy Bitch

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So, that Ole Miss loss. Yikes. There are some really glaring gaps in our special teams and passing games. We picked up near the end, but at least 17 points came off poor special teams play giving Ole Miss the ball deep in Bama territory. Coker and the receiving corps just didn't look like they were on the same page quite a bit, too.

Both QBs threw a number of passes that were, no exaggeration, directly to a defender. No receivers in the area. That's worrying. There easily could have been 8+ turnovers there, if not for just dropped balls by the DBs. You're not going to win a game with a -5 turnover margin regardless. There's a lot of potential in this year's team, and I think it'll be a fun but frustrating year to watch. I see losses at A&M, UGA, and LSU as realistic possibilities, but they'll all probably be tight games.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also was that reversal on the pass from beyond the line of scrimmage as bullshit as it looked at the game? Because it looked like huge loving bullshit from the stillframes they showed there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wish Alabama let themselves get blown out so they didn't get my hopes up.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Oh Snapple! posted:

Also was that reversal on the pass from beyond the line of scrimmage as bullshit as it looked at the game? Because it looked like huge loving bullshit from the stillframes they showed there.

It was pretty obviously a legal pass

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TEMPLE WON WOO

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
BYU lost and that makes today officially good.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Like 100% legal without controversy or dispute

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

gently caress me sideways

Emron posted:

So, that Ole Miss loss.

gently caress me sideways we deserved that. Our offence needs to get its poo poo together and someone needs to have a VERY long talk to our kick returners about NOT dropping their pants and bending over on returns. I'll give them that one Manziel-esk shitshow of a touchdown pass, but there are at least 14 points on that board that shouldn't be there.

In other news, it seems we have one of those nifty little running QBs I keep hearing about. I can't tell if the bastard is just that fast or if I'm too used to our QBs being deathly afraid of running the ball themselves.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
3-0! :toot:

I pretty much never want to play BYU ever again though. Big, physical teams give us so much loving trouble. Bit cliche but hopefully that ends up being one of those gut-check wins where the team gets their poo poo together mentally before we play the Arizona schools. Rosen's come back down to Earth but it looked like we figured some things out there at the end and at the very least our running backs are as legit as we thought so worst case scenario we should at least be able to ride them to a couple of wins against the weaker teams left on our schedule.

All blessings to Xort as always for accepting my sacrifice of scotch tonight and sparing us, while also gifting everyone a USC and Bama losses, the greatest gifts possible. We get to be a top 10 team for another week before losing to Arizona.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am a little more optimistic, just because even with poor field position the defense made a lot of plays. Yea, they gave up a lot of points, but when you are backed up on the wrong side of the field after 5 lovely turnovers that tends to happen.

It is plain as day that Kiffin's offense is too complicated for Coker and our below average receiving corps. He really needs to rely on shorter routes instead of trying to let Coker throw 20 yards out of bounds or wounded ducks. He just does not have the vision to do anything outside of a quick 3 step slant route.

We ran the ball 60% of the time, which is fine, but it was usually on second down after a missed pass. Henry was averaging 5.5 YPC, so why not give him the opportunity to open up some options for Coker on second down?

The Special Teams are a poo poo show and the coach needs to be packing up his office tomorrow. Cyrus Jones is a bad return man who makes bad decisions and isn't too great of a corner, either. Dude got manhandled a few times, including that big TD pass in the fourth quarter.

I still think we have a shot at winning the west, but it would take Ole Miss stumbling to LSU and Mississippi State and us not losing another game.

Anyways, Ole Miss is a pretty good football team and it was a fun, if not long as poo poo game to watch.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ok, that's pretty loving good. I'll give them that one too.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 20, 2015

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

It was the right call, he didn't have his entire body over the LOS. They did miss an illegal lineman down field though but that part of the play isn't reviewable.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Penn State owns, Bammer trash loving sucks Big Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpP0b_CQQi4

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is it because his leading foot hadn't yet touched the ground or something like that? In the still dude was almost a full step beyond the line before the ball left his hand, so maybe I don't understand the rule correctly.

We've had still lost anyway, but that reversal loving killed the crowd.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

Washington looks like they might not be dog poo poo and Jake Browning actually looks like the real deal.

Is ... is this me getting excited about Huskies football :ohdear:

I feel exactly this way but we should probably wait until next week at the earliest before we make a judgment

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is it because his leading foot hadn't yet touched the ground or something like that? In the still dude was almost a full step beyond the line before the ball left his hand, so maybe I don't understand the rule correctly.

We've had still lost anyway, but that reversal loving killed the crowd.

His entire body and the ball have to be beyond the line of scrimmage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Verisimillipede posted:

It was the right call, he didn't have his entire body over the LOS. They did miss an illegal lineman down field though but that part of the play isn't reviewable.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

• Locked thread