Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
A little early for aftermath thread imo. Where's the Hawaii love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Someone's going to actually die.

https://twitter.com/HuffPostSports/status/645467032482381824

Coker's already dead.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm pretty sure he was dead on his feet after the first interception

(or was that Bateman? They might both be dead)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tyrannosaurus posted:

A little early for aftermath thread imo. Where's the Hawaii love?
The aftermath thread always goes up before the Hawaii game ends. Last week's even went up before the most hilarious result of the day (:razorback:).

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

buddhanc posted:

Jerrod Heard is going to destroy everyone for the next 3 years. He broke the all time texas record for offense in a single game tonight, over Colt and VY, and it's only his second start.

OK but consider: Cal's defense is really bad

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
gently caress Yeah! TTU is 3-0. We're gonna get our asses beat by TCU, but I don't loving care.

Great game. Our strategy of letting the other team run the clock out on themselves is working great!

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
This is the most optimistic I've felt about UW's QB situation since Cody Pickett in 2003

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Maxwells Demon posted:

This might be Washington's best chance in years to break the Oregon/Washington win streak. Washington looks way more legit than they were expected to look this year.

lol we're not beating you guys this year. It might actually happen in the Petersen era, but we don't have the horses yet.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Zifnab posted:

This is the most optimistic I've felt about UW's QB situation since Cody Pickett in 2003

Just waiting for the other foot to drop

Being able to properly execute a half dozen plays and not being a complete shithead off the field makes him a huge upgrade over Cyler Miles.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

gently caress Yeah! TTU is 3-0. We're gonna get our asses beat by TCU, but I don't loving care.

Great game. Our strategy of letting the other team run the clock out on themselves is working great!

I dunno man. TCU is tissue thin at lb and db right now. I have no loving idea what Patterson is going to do about Mahomes to Grant. Boykin will have to be fire for TCU to win.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Korranus posted:

UCF = U Can't Football

Losing to goddamn Furman and wiping out all progress made since your Fiesta Bowl. You shame the family. Bert Bielema should be your coach.

i was in new york city for a show and I passed by a bar that was advertising on both the chalkboard and taped up in the window that they were playing the UCF-Furman game and I actually paused on the sidewalk and was like "really??????"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Zifnab posted:

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop

At least we properly poo poo-housed our cupcakes this year instead of letting them hang around for all 60 minutes. Baby steps.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

OK but consider: Cal's defense is really bad

So are lots of the defenses in the big 12. And he had over 500 yards. That's pretty outstanding against any team.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Purdue hung around a lot longer than we should have let them, but functionally the Hokies walked all over them. Motley seems serviceable and maybe this team isn't so bad? If we win the next 2 weeks (@ ECU, vs Pitt) we could be ranked going into the Friday night NCSU game. I almost want to be optimistic despite how ugly it's been at times. 51 points is 51 points...

Also sorry Texas fans, that sucked. Jerrod is gonna do thangs though, the season outlook seems rosier after that performance.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
TCU gonna be number 1 if the world is just

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Dan Beebe ‏@DanBeebe
WELL LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE TEXAS

AT LEAST YOU LOST TO THE FOURTH BEST TEAM IN THE PAC 12…LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA

Fake Dan Beebe still owns.

I also remember Texas fans being super optimistic about Garret Gilbert. I'd wait to see how Heard does in conference before claiming moral victory for all time.

TNG fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 20, 2015

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

VDay posted:

3-0! :toot:

I pretty much never want to play BYU ever again though. Big, physical teams give us so much loving trouble. Bit cliche but hopefully that ends up being one of those gut-check wins where the team gets their poo poo together mentally before we play the Arizona schools. Rosen's come back down to Earth but it looked like we figured some things out there at the end and at the very least our running backs are as legit as we thought so worst case scenario we should at least be able to ride them to a couple of wins against the weaker teams left on our schedule.

Just got back from that game and yeah, Rosen looked like a blind weasel out there tossing dumb weak pitch-INTS to avoid taking hits... I hope he can get his poo poo together for the AZ teams because Neuheisel paces nervously on the sideline and wants his last turn. Defensive line saved our asses. Props to BYU for going funtime college football with that early onside kick.

sidenote: BYU roadcrew cheerleaders are the uninspiring chunkpone definition of "wholesome"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spiritus Nox posted:

I dunno man. TCU is tissue thin at lb and db right now. I have no loving idea what Patterson is going to do about Mahomes to Grant. Boykin will have to be fire for TCU to win.

It may be a pick your poison. Arkansas decided to shut down Lauderdale and Grant and Davis ate them up. If they decide to focus on taking away Grant, Lauderdale will be there.

May be a fun shootout. I'm looking forward to it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
nobody cares but unlv is still bad and i'm pretty sure both our qbs have more interceptions thrown than touchdowns

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Ole Miss ain't bullshitting this season.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Happy Hippo posted:

Ole Miss ain't bullshitting this season.

LSU gonna run over them like Hulkamania in the 80s.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Congratulations in advance to LSU for their SEC championship btw

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

buddhanc posted:

So are lots of the defenses in the big 12. And he had over 500 yards. That's pretty outstanding against any team.

Halliday threw for 734 yards against Cal's defense last year. They were with all sincerity historically bad and aren't exactly much better now.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Just got back from that game and yeah, Rosen looked like a blind weasel out there tossing dumb weak pitch-INTS to avoid taking hits... I hope he can get his poo poo together for the AZ teams because Neuheisel paces nervously on the sideline and wants his last turn. Defensive line saved our asses. Props to BYU for going funtime college football with that early onside kick.

I'm not too worried because they were seriously all the quintessential freshman mistake, aka the "I can totally make this throw and save this play" move. I think he's a smart enough kid to learn from this and not do it, just like we got a lot better about actually handing the ball off every once in a while instead of holding it on every option-read. Baby steps and all, but I'm fairly optimistic going into our next game, eve if Arizona putting up 77 points as a warm up for us is a bit terrifying.

Also to give people an idea of UCLA's futility in the pre-Mora decade, tonight's win broke a 51 game losing streak in games where we trail in the 4th quarter by double digits. Pretty sure the last win was literally a decade ago with that 2005 team that went 10-2 by making like 5 bullshit 4th quarter comebacks by throwing nothing but screens to Maurice Drew and then chucking the ball to Mercedes Lewis in the end zone.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JT Jag posted:

Congratulations in advance to LSU for their SEC championship btw

LSU will eventually face a team that will force them to pass for more than 70 yards to win and I'm not convinced they can do it.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I'd like to sincerely apologize to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka for the fact that I've ensured that nobody here will ever again pay $30 to the forums to purchase an emoticon that represents their favorite team.

:ughh:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

VDay posted:

I'm not too worried because they were seriously all the quintessential freshman mistake, aka the "I can totally make this throw and save this play" move. I think he's a smart enough kid to learn from this and not do it, just like we got a lot better about actually handing the ball off every once in a while instead of holding it on every option-read. Baby steps and all, but I'm fairly optimistic going into our next game, eve if Arizona putting up 77 points as a warm up for us is a bit terrifying.

Also to give people an idea of UCLA's futility in the pre-Mora decade, tonight's win broke a 51 game losing streak in games where we trail in the 4th quarter by double digits. Pretty sure the last win was literally a decade ago with that 2005 team that went 10-2 by making like 5 bullshit 4th quarter comebacks by throwing nothing but screens to Maurice Drew and then chucking the ball to Mercedes Lewis in the end zone.

To be fair, do you know the only coach to have a > .500 record when trailing in the 4th quarter?

Les Miles

I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad sign.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha Texas lost on a missed XP on a huge comeback its been like six hours and its still the funniest thing that's ever happened in the entire world. I'm literally sitting in my bed laughing about texas losing to cal on a missed XP life is beautiful.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
In other news though, OU looked okay. Baker is the truth and officialy won me over tonight to believing he's actually a real quarterback. Our receivers are acceptable, and our RB'S are baller. Defense is the obvious Achilles heel and while it's not good, I think we're better than today showed. The first half hail mary and 4th quarter td arent representative, so while it looks bad and is absolutely an area of concern, its not a dumpster fire. Tentatively mcoing my prediction for OU on the year up to [b]9 wins[\b]

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Maxwells Demon posted:

To be fair, do you know the only coach to have a > .500 record when trailing in the 4th quarter?

Les Miles

I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad sign.

Yeah that's true, but still...51. I bet Oregon hasn't even had 51 losses in the last decade, let alone by double-digits.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

vandals bitch. our qb finished a game in victory formation for the first time.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Can we talk more about how Texas lost on a missed extra point because hahahahahahahahhahahahah

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Quandary posted:

Can we talk more about how Texas lost on a missed extra point because hahahahahahahahhahahahah

Dude consoling him is named Bluiett,

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Qwijib0 posted:

Arizona set its single game points, rushing, and total offensive yards records tonight. :toot:

Please be back next week scooby.

gently caress yeah we did

game ruled to be at. winning owns.

sucks to be scrub rear end schools who didn't win by 70 :toot:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Quandary posted:

gently caress Texas forever and ever amen

Houston was off this week and A&M looked mediocre against a G5 team so yesterday was pretty uneventful. Houston's schedule looks pretty favorable from here on out, especially after UCF's collapse, but never underestimate our ability to fold in winnable games

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected

Ramadu posted:

gently caress yeah we did

game ruled to be at. winning owns.

sucks to be scrub rear end schools who didn't win by 70 :toot:

UCLA-Arizona will be the prime time ABC game next week. No official word yet but sounds like gameday is coming as well. Should be an amazing atmosphere, wish I could be in Tucson for it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF hosed itself all night long--extending drives, stupid penalties. The O-line is a sieve. A few more games of this and Grier will be sacking himself like John Brantley.

Mac will get it straight eventually, but he's got to exorcise a lot of demons.

From the closed thread:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Congratulations on getting taken to the wire by Kentucky

:eng99:

This stings, but you're right.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I'd like to sincerely apologize to Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka for the fact that I've ensured that nobody here will ever again pay $30 to the forums to purchase an emoticon that represents their favorite team.

:ughh:

:yikes: :razorback:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou 3-0! Woo!!!!

Woo?

woo :effort:

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
That feeling you get when you realize 7 win Sark strikes again and the season is basically over because you already know the outcome.

• Locked thread