Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou! We managed to win one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life! We're bad!!
Our offense is absolutely putrid. Our play calling is garbage and the QB situation is dire. We have no run game to speak of and nothing happening in the air either because Mauk can't throw and the receivers can't catch. Pinkel is a loving blockhead that refuses to use Lock more than 1 or two drives a game. Good way to burn a redshirt! :thumbsup:

On the bright side, the tiger striping looked good! :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Numlock posted:

Apparently Bret was poo poo talking at a meeting of Texas HS coaches this off season about how if they run the spread Bret would kick their asses. So Kliff was just rubbing it in, his dad was one of those HS Coaches spreading the word of the spread back in the day.

Early returns are that the HS coaches around the state are responding with a general, "drat right." I think Kliff just put a nail in the coffin of Arkansas recruiting in Texas.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Feel bad for the Arkansas team/fans with all the offensive injuries, but Bert's fair game.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Feel bad for the Arkansas team/fans with all the offensive injuries, but Bert's fair game.

Oh you want a dance party?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Greataval posted:

That feeling you get when you realize 7 win Sark strikes again and the season is basically over because you already know the outcome.

Hey we have this in common now

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

It would be some poo poo to Win out and lose to a reserging Kentucky or a Georgia Southern (Who put 21 on Oregon yesterday!).

Nah, dude, Georgia State put 28 on Oregon yesterday. No, I don't know how that's possible.

Dawgs looked loving awesome in that couple-times-a-season unsustainable Georgia way they do, but hey, it was fun, and it was against Spurrier, so.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Scarf posted:

Oh you want a dance party?

47 is me irl

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Gameday's going to Tuscon for Arizona-UCLA

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I can relate so much to that kid...

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
coaches poll is out

2 big ten teams, 2 big 12 teams in the top 4

call season do playoff right now imo

1. OSU
2. TCU
3. MSU
4. Baylor
5. Ole Miss
6. UGA
7. FSU
8. gently caress the Irish
9. LSU
10. Clemson
11. UCLA
12. Alabama (holy poo poo what a fall)
13. Oregon
14. Oklahoma
15. Aggy
16. Arizona
17. Utah
18. USC (lol)
19. Go U Northwestern, bitch
20. GT
21. Wisconsin
22. Okie State
23. Mizzou
24. Stanford (big ten, bitch)
25. Auburn... what?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

tranime scholar posted:

Mizzou! We managed to win one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life! We're bad!!
Our offense is absolutely putrid. Our play calling is garbage and the QB situation is dire. We have no run game to speak of and nothing happening in the air either because Mauk can't throw and the receivers can't catch. Pinkel is a loving blockhead that refuses to use Lock more than 1 or two drives a game. Good way to burn a redshirt! :thumbsup:

On the bright side, the tiger striping looked good! :shobon:

You forgot the part where Drew Locke didn't look great either. I'm not as convinced as other Mizzou fans that he'd be a huge upgrade. Neither Mauk nor Locke inspire confidence in me.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 20, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

he is all of us

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Coaches Poll is out.

LINK

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Chump Farts posted:

coaches poll is out

2 big ten teams, 2 big 12 teams in the top 4

call season do playoff right now imo

TCU @ #2 is like floating on a cloud right now. Ain't gonna' last.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

osu also looked really, really mortal this last week

our secondary is suspect, baylor's d is bad

top 4 seems pretty mediocre in all honesty

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
As much as I can't wait to see right TCU claim their rightful spot at #1 after getting robbed last year I don't think any of the top-4 are playing particularly great football right now.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

alpha_destroy posted:

You forgot the part where Drew Locke didn't look great either. I'm not as convinced as other Mizzou fans that he'd be a huge upgrade. Neither Mauk nor Locke inspire confidence in me.

He's never going to look good if he keeps getting put in for one play and then yanked out again. Pinkel could have redshirted him but he didn't so we might as well use him. Especially considering that Mauk really can't do anything right anymore aside from the occasional Manziel-esque bullshit scramble.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I know I have no room to talk with my team's 9-6 abomination. But giving up 37 to SMU and taking until the fourth to put that team away does not scream #2 to me.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I get not wanting to shuffle them around, and OSU is still probably a really good team, but I don't think they should be 1 overall.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

alpha_destroy posted:

I know I have no room to talk with my team's 9-6 abomination. But giving up 37 to SMU and taking until the fourth to put that team away does not scream #2 to me.

TCU's defense, personnel-wise, is really, really being held together with duct tape right now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Pre-season rankings are a hell of a drug

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Vertical Lime posted:

Gameday's going to Tuscon for Arizona-UCLA

Nice!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

I get not wanting to shuffle them around, and OSU is still probably a really good team, but I don't think they should be 1 overall.

I tend to agree, except I can't make a legitimate argument for any other team to be #1 either.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mizzou is really pushing that whole "make the conference look like poo poo, then win the East" routine. If they weren't once again handed the most Charmin-soft schedule possible by the SEC higher ups, I'd say we could safely ignore them, but alas. I swear, I think they play Vandy twice this year.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 20, 2015

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

pre season polls are a hell of a drug

edit: poo poo beaten

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How many of the current top 4 make the playoffs? I'm thinking maybe 2. Also, Tulane finally won a game. If they lost to Maine I probably wouldn't watch anymore of their games this season. Too bad a lot of American teams are looking better than I expected.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Andichu's Top 25

1. Ohio State Looked entirely mortal. That offensive line and QB play woof.
2. Ole Miss No, really, how long did that loving game last?
3. Michigan State Smacked a decent air force team.
4. TCU Survived, but their defense has some serious issues.
5. UGA RIP Spurdawg
6. Notre Dame This makes me feel very unclean.
7. FSU They won an ugly game versus a pretty decent team.
8. LSU Easy to Tackle huh?
9. Bamer LAAAAAAANNNNEEEEEEEEEE KIFFFFFFFFIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN
10. Oklahoma Big Game Bob Stoops is Back Baby
11. UCLA I still dont think theyre very good.
12. Baylor Its not that Baylor did anything to drop, but everyone else has done more.
13. Oregon Utes loom large after a thrashing of GSU
14. Clemson Survived Luhville.
15. A&M Burt going to get his rear end kicked twice in a row.
16. Arizona Committed a war crime against NAU
17. Georgia Tech This might be a better place for them.
18. USC Seriously, Stanfords offense?
19. Utah Have an opportunity to really take control of the PAC12 race with a statement win vs Oregon
20. WVU Its good to be off. Next up, Maryland. gently caress the Terrapins.
21. Oklahoma State - :yawn:
22. Northwestern I love scrappy little guys with J-schools
23. Temple Hootie Hoo
24. Iowa Eat poo poo Pitt
25. Wisconsin Cause why not.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Spacebump posted:

How many of the current top 4 make the playoffs? I'm thinking maybe 2. Also, Tulane finally won a game. If they lost to Maine I probably wouldn't watch anymore of their games this season. Too bad a lot of American teams are looking better than I expected.

Probably the two that win the head to head matchups?

Also the only team you can make an argument for #1 is Ole Miss, they have dominated their opponents.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 20, 2015

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Spacebump posted:

osu and msu will only get one in after we play eachother and i imagine baylor and tcu do the same

if notre dame ends up being good then the acc and pac may be fighting for a single spot which seems weird and hosed up

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Chump Farts posted:

osu and msu will only get one in after we play eachother and i imagine baylor and tcu do the same

if notre dame ends up being good then the acc and pac may be fighting for a single spot which seems weird and hosed up

tbqf, with TCU's defense as banged up as it is (7 starters now out for the season and possibly another one after last night) and Baylor's defense being Baylor's defense, there's no reason to believe that not only could both of those teams lose more than one or two games, but that one of them might not even be the Big XII champion.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU loving destroyed rutgers in every way last night and it feels real good

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mahoning posted:

I tend to agree, except I can't make a legitimate argument for any other team to be #1 either.

I think MSU looks the most "complete" out of the rest of the top four and would be my #1, Baylor, TCU, and OSU look mortal enough but still really good so any order for 2-4. Ole Miss looked hot as hell and could make a claim to a better position than 5th and not even the UGA homer in me says we should be #1.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jury's still out, obviously, but I like Baylor's defense better than TCU's right now, largely due to health. Objectively outperformed TCU vs SMU with less film of what Morris was doing with SMU's personnel, and while the Lamar score doesn't look good, it's not as bad as it looks when you consider that Lamar got 7 points on the backups and 17 of their remaining 24 on short fields following Baylor turnovers in a performance I'm not sure that offense repeats. My biggest concerns are cover safety, where Terrell Burt looks as bad as he's ever been and looks to be benched in favor of a freshman or sophomore named Chance Waz, who's looked good but not immune to Burt's problems in limited time; and middle linebacker, where Grant Campbell has yet to look as confident or decisive as Bryce Hager did over the last two years. Corners have been fine, and our top guy Xavien Howard has been more than that so far IMO, D-line's been good when they've been keeping contain on guys who want to run, and in terms of opposing Yards Per Play the numbers have been perfectly acceptable, given that SMU and Lamar's offenses have been quite good so far, for what they are.

I mean, playing Texas Tech should tell everyone everything they need to know about Baylor's defense, so it's not like there's long to wait.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

PSU loving destroyed rutgers in every way last night and it feels real good

Penn State fans should be careful about celebrating the abuse of children RD

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yeah a 2-loss Big 12 champion is easily within the realm of possibilities right now

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Jury's still out, obviously, but I like Baylor's defense better than TCU's right now, largely due to health. Objectively outperformed TCU vs SMU with less film of what Morris was doing with SMU's personnel, and while the Lamar score doesn't look good, it's not as bad as it looks when you consider that Lamar got 7 points on the backups and 17 of their remaining 24 on short fields following Baylor turnovers in a performance I'm not sure that offense repeats. My biggest concerns are cover safety, where Terrell Burt looks as bad as he's ever been and looks to be benched in favor of a freshman or sophomore named Chance Waz, who's looked good but not immune to Burt's problems in limited time; and middle linebacker, where Grant Campbell has yet to look as confident or decisive as Bryce Hager did over the last two years. Corners have been fine, and our top guy Xavien Howard has been more than that so far IMO, D-line's been good when they've been keeping contain on guys who want to run, and in terms of opposing Yards Per Play the numbers have been perfectly acceptable, given that SMU and Lamar's offenses have been quite good so far, for what they are.

I mean, playing Texas Tech should tell everyone everything they need to know about Baylor's defense, so it's not like there's long to wait.

I generally agree about Baylor's defense, though please don't act like giving up 31 points to loving Lamar is anything but hilariously inept.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I bet in the AP Bama gets dropped to one spot above wherever Ole Miss is.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Stuart Mandel reports P5 commissioners have asked daily fantasy THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY FANKINGS DOT BIZ sites to stop doing college.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think MSU looks the most "complete" out of the rest of the top four and would be my #1, Baylor, TCU, and OSU look mortal enough but still really good so any order for 2-4. Ole Miss looked hot as hell and could make a claim to a better position than 5th and not even the UGA homer in me says we should be #1.

now that we know vernon adams had a broken finger i dont think our win looks as good tbh

also we beat oregon and air force, but both put up more yards than us, we are relying on big plays and freakish athletes when our schemes arent always working

i mean poo poo, our run game was only 77 yards yesterday

ole miss needed 5 turnovers for bama but i think they deserve a real close look

georgia and lsu look good but need better competition to tell

who ends up taking the big 12 if not baylor or tcu? oklahoma? ttu? west virginia good again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I generally agree about Baylor's defense, though please don't act like giving up 31 points to loving Lamar is anything but hilariously inept.

I mean, I think their average starting field position for the last 3 scoring drives our starters gave up was our 30 or some poo poo and they're one of the top offenses in FCS. I mean yeah you still don't want your defense to give an inch to an FCS squad, but when you cough up the ball on your side of the field you make things tough on your defense. Don't think that's somehow controversial.

• Locked thread