Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know how much everyone loves Reddit links, so here's one for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3lmn4y/somethingawful_forums_is_currently_having_an_open/

i don't really understand what/why they want to archive...if it was so important, couldn't they just buy an account with archives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
for one thing when you click on the reddit link it doesn't 502: bad gateway. someone needs to save SA before it dies completely !

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 20, 2015

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

keyboard goop must be preserved forever, like a gay paleolithic cave painting

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
also this site is full of pedos that's protected by lazy modding and admining

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

quote:

To be fair, I only joined for a little while way back, in an attempt to join the SA corp in the game Eve Online known as 'Goonfleet',

lmao

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Didn't you hear? Lowtax sold the site so they want to preserve it before it goes to poo poo.

(Jokes on them, it's already poo poo)

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
If I gave a gently caress about what was happening on reddit I would post there.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't get it , and gently caress you OP

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
*Says SA is full of SJWs

*Posts about archiving a pay site is wrong

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I don't get it , and gently caress you OP

wow rude, i dont get it either so that's why i posted this thread!!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I dunno what's going on but hi to you 3d baby weiners from the archives or whatever?????

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The posts in that thread are seriously bizarre. Redditors are like an angry mob with pitch forks and torches, being led by the most ignorant loudmouth among them.

And is that why the forums are going slow? Some dipshits are scrapping the whole loving site?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Ok which one of you cynical bastards is this?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like how SA's reputation now is being a spawning pool for SJWs

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pawn 17 posted:

The posts in that thread are seriously bizarre. Redditors are like an angry mob with pitch forks and torches, being led by the most ignorant loudmouth among them.

And is that why the forums are going slow? Some dipshits are scrapping the whole loving site?

:tinfoil:

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like that too, i like it a lot,

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
what did happen to all the esse jay dubs that used to post here?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
From reddit

Is it possible some SA trolls, knowing what accounts were used by current GG critics, might put up false stuff to trip up diggers?

Yes. No and maybe so but probably yes.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it's full of pedo's, that's why everyone left

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

hey guys, i had this idea to put up false stuff to try and trup ip diggers... :twistef: whos with me :D

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

these people are extremely loving weird

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Reddit thread of you're reading this pls know Reddit is poo poo, is structured to be poo poo, its posters are poo poo, which is why even to this day the forums here dictate deep internet culture to a degree that Reddit never will.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Here's some GamerGate misinformation for you: there are people who care about Gamergate that aren't huge retard fags.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Bardeh posted:

these people are extremely loving weird

that gay little subreddit is super duper paranoid about our gay dead forums

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

heh, wow, looking for an emerald? well look out digger, your about to get tripped up... into yiour face! ha ha ha ha

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
They are right . . . .

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

hgi reddits, if your are reading this, lets rub out cocks together

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
this webforum makes excuses for pedophiles, past and present

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

most of my posts are centered around apologising and making excuses for past and future paedophiles . . . so i think they are right too . . .

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i don't see why one would want to archive this stuff, i want our hilarious and thougtful posts to be remembered via oral tradition, not an actual digital archive. :shrug:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
MODS KNEW

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

THE HORROR... THE HORROR....

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
they are 100% right

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
*huge amounts of redditors convert to judaism after reading the baby jew dick sucking thread for "archival" purposes*

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

Wow, jeez, that's a really sobering look at the comparative popularity of--

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's because they're out of touch with reality and suffering from ridiculous delusions about literally everything. documenting the past would give more fuel to these delusions and therefore justify their erroneous worldviews for a little while longer, saving them from having to come to terms with what stupid garbage they've wasted their lives on. hope this helps

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

ok guys i know that our last few meme attempts haven't hit the big time, so we're gonna need to step up production. at least 5 memes per goon per day

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
That is some serous gg butthurt.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

ok guys i know that our last few meme attempts haven't hit the big time, so we're gonna need to step up production. at least 5 memes per goon per day

It's quality not quantity. We made doobie. We went beyond a meme. poo poo is next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im a social justirce warrior

• Locked thread