Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Hurrah, it's back.

Can't wait to play the most neglected (and best) mode of FIFA.

Cue 3 months of playing before everyone's sick of each other and bugger off again.

Welcome to the Fifa 1617 iteration of Parmos FC, lets do a quick recap from last season.

Good things that happened :
We had almost a full team playing at one point.
Got to Div 1
Scored some sexy goals like these

Nothing good happened in 16... Nothing.

Bad things that happened :
FIFA 15.
Everything

Now that's out the way, let's find out what's changed horribly broken this year.

New stuff for 17

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/pro-clubs-new-features

Basically instead of the utterly stupid, score 9 goals while hopping on 1 foot, style of play to get stat boosts, they've changed it to the much more reasonable, play well and you get points in the stats for the position you play. The downside of this being that everyone in Parmos generally sucks, especially Amir. His Missing Goal stat will be 99 in about 5 games flat.

Can also customize the kit, so taking submissions on the worst possible choices please.

Origin Friend invites

Once you've added someone in the club to your friends list, you should be able to auto-join as long as they haven't broken it again. You'll then get invited to a chat room which is where most people playing will hang out. It sucks, but it's what we've got.

Skyfire58
KratliTrufen

Discord channel
Join this
https://discord.gg/8aK6G

Steam group that no one has ever used ever.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FIFAGoons

Skyfire fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
We actually won Div1

This was my first 'goal' for pc parmos in my first game. Still haunts me.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hopefully the game doesn't suck this year!

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I switched from Xbox to pc this year since Mexico sells it for cheap. Do y'all use voice chat in the game? If I get involved we could use my mumble server if needed.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

I did briefly rent a mumble server last year which we used, it really depends on how many people are stupid enough to come back to play this year. It also looks like they've added voice chat to the chat rooms since I stopped playing, but it's EA so i'm betting it sucks.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Think most places are shipping cd keys tonight, I just got mine from cdkeys.com

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Clubs up

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
I'm back. Joined the club! Very excited about this.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
just joined, no idea what i'm doing

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

It looks like all the online pro boosts are now below level 40, Giant Afro's for everyone.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Alright just caved in and bought fifa 16, have you guys started with any games yet?

Also origin has a built in voice chat in their chatrooms, which worked ok last time we tried it. Could be worth a go perhaps.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Mister Twister posted:

Alright just caved in and bought fifa 16, have you guys started with any games yet?

Also origin has a built in voice chat in their chatrooms, which worked ok last time we tried it. Could be worth a go perhaps.

I hope you bought it in the russian or mexican origin stores cause it's like half the price.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Bought on g2a for €38 or so, could not be bothered with the vpn fuss, and quite happy with that price at least.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

How is the matchmaking/lag on PC? It was the one thing that hosed me on xbox

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

No games yet, everyone is too busy playing the stupid card game to join the chat room. Would like to get some started tonight.....

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Okay, I'll be on this evening.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

What time do y'all usually play? I did a drop in match and didn't notice any lag. If the chat works fine in Origin we can use that and if not I can give out the mumble info. It's a 25 person server that usually only has 4-6 regular dudes on it every night. I can make a specific channel if we go that route

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

We were mostly EU timezone last year, so games started around about 7pm GMT

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

quote:

NO RESULTS WERE FOUND FOR Skyfire58
Please make sure your search term was spelled correctly and try again.
Only Mac and PC Origin users are searchable.
Your friends' privacy settings may keep them from appearing in search results

What gives?

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

I'm definitely on there

Probably just Origin loving up as usual. Failing that, look for Parmos FC in the club section in game and apply.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Just requested. e: there's a Palermo crest and it's marked Western Europe?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yes, goon clubs traditionally have a palermo crest and use the pink kit, it's just a thing.

Anyway, we barely got any games going this year which is a bit disappointing, we currently have three guys in the chat room, if anyone wants to play right now it would be pretty awesome.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
I am omw home, so will be available for play in about 20 if anyone is on

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
good games today

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It was nice how the freaky own goals went our way yesterday.

When the AI CB just hammered it at the goal keeper from 20 meters out for no good reason in the final I laughed my rear end off.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Nice tho see it go the other way for one, was a real beaut.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Last 14 games we have 13-1-0, undefeated the last 18 games. Good form imo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hello goons, I'm on a 24h shift right now but tomorrow will try to apply to Parmos PC crew. I'm in Europe (spaniard) and want to try to not suck more than usual. Origin ID is Guillermus. I'll see you tomorrow!

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Hey and welcome! We are all on euro-time as well so hopefully we can get some games tonight

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sent you a friend request Skyfire, I have mumble and that stuff. Other goons usually hang in Camping the stairs mumble as there is plenty of space and empty channels. I'll be online the whole evening on Origin and if anyone feels like throwing a friend request, ID is the same as my SA username.

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Aight, we are about to get some games going, think I added you on friends, otherwise if I got the wrong account my username is KratliTrufen, so can add me in that case.

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
Is everyone still EU, and has everyone gotten sick of each other yet?

LambdaZero fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 26, 2015

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

We're still playing every few nights or so, and we're all definitely sick of Knoddus Amir everyone.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The fact that every team we face seems to be all maxed stat guys is a little bit frustrating, it makes the game very unforgiving.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

And accomplishments are frustrating to get so the experience isn't definately as fun as one would expect.

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
Whatever. If I don't give EA my yearly 40 dollar tribute, how will they stay in business? Sent Skyfire a friend request.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Pretty quiet thread.

How active is PC Parmos?

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

This is how the FIFA year goes for PC Parmos

Sept-Nov : People play
Dec-Feb : Everyone is sick of watching Knoddus run into a defender the exact same way for the 9th time in a game, Amir missing the easiest chances ever and Me trying to be Pirlo from right back and stop playing.
Mar-Apr : Someone says "Hey lets play again" This period lasts about 2 weeks tops.
Apr-Aug : See Dec-Feb
Aug-Sep : Random games start up to get ready for the next disappointing installment in the saga of FIFA.

It's probably worth getting on our friends lists though, there are the odd games that happen.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Was pretty fun playing yesterday after the long hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Skyfire posted:

This is how the FIFA year goes for PC Parmos

Sept-Nov : People play
Dec-Feb : Everyone is sick of watching Knoddus run into a defender the exact same way for the 9th time in a game, Amir missing the easiest chances ever and Me trying to be Pirlo from right back and stop playing.
Mar-Apr : Someone says "Hey lets play again" This period lasts about 2 weeks tops.
Apr-Aug : See Dec-Feb
Aug-Sep : Random games start up to get ready for the next disappointing installment in the saga of FIFA.

It's probably worth getting on our friends lists though, there are the odd games that happen.

With the new engine I'm eager to see the new fuckery and hope that people can't just hack their PRO players. This is coming from someone that asked Amir how to do it, see that it didn't work properly and give up to play a lovely 80 rated CM.

• Locked thread