Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

jony ive aces posted:

tbf you can already do that now with :5bux: and a cracked copy of photoshop

or gnu image manipulator :rms2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

The Management posted:

armor for your posting horse

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Sweevo posted:

accounts cost $2/yr and the steady income stream is used to maintain the forum. lowtax won't do it because he couldn't find a payment processor who would handle it last time he looked in 2007

thats a long time ago

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
i just want to collect meow meow beanz

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Lowtax posted:

Since I dislike ads but am forced to run them BECAUSE NOBODY IS BUYING ANYTHING HERE AND WE'RE NOT POPULAR AND I'M NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AND I HAD TO FIRE EVERYBODY BECAUSE I'M GOING BROKE AND I SWEAR TO GOD I'M LIKE THIS CLOSE TO THROWING MYSELF OFF A GODDAMN BRIDGE BUT I PROBABLY WON'T BECAUSE I'M AFRAID OF HITTING SOMEBODY'S BOAT AND NOT DYING AND THEN GETTING SUED AND MY KIDS WON'T GET TO GO TO COLLEGE AND WILL HAVE TO PILOT PREDATOR DRONES OR WORK IN WAL-MART FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES, we have a glut of remnant ads (when legit, money-making ads run out, they show stupid crap like PSAs that tell you not to light forest fires or smoke dope or whatever the hell the government wants you to do).

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

drat, this is awkward.

Someone help compile an active user list

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
lowtax, in a warehouse full of boxes, which contain "city name sports team" jerseys. he's sitting on one of the boxes, and just crying about his investment

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
in v2 we will replace lowtax with a bad decision making robot. it won't run the site any better, but it costs less because it has no alimony payments

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

remember when lowtax threw a tantrum because people didn't like adbot

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
i might be confusing that with the thirty thousand other times lowtax threw a tantrum about *completely trivial non-event*

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
lol what an ~insane~ policy, how completely unreasonable :confuoot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

he did tell everyone to pay for email service to keep that from happening again tho

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

most important, an API developers can use to make things like Awful.app and their EVE clans better

bookmarking threads and flipping between them should be really easy.

web sockets for real time notifications about stuff.

an easy way to see all replies to a single post (such as a "BB view" and "nested view", or simple a "jump to replies" drop down)

maybe if an image is too wide it shouldn't break the frames

anyway i'll just make it

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

tbh i just want awful.app to notify me when people quote me

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
one day I'll make a site with absurd password requirements just to get the message across

"must include at least one ASCII control character, two non-printable (whitespace or formatting) characters, three combining diacritics and four characters from outside the Basic Multilingual Plane. minimum length is 1024"

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
password must contain every UTF character at least once

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
no passwords, new site will authenticate with ssh key pairs. you will need to keep an ssh tunnel open to use the site.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

sign in by sending a bitcoin to the sa wallet which will totally be sent back no issues

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
encrypted posts so that mods can't read what you write, only your posting buddies.

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

The Management posted:

in v2 we will replace lowtax with a bad decision making robot. it won't run the site any better, but it costs less because it has no alimony payments

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Millionaire goon should pay developer goons to develop

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
oauth so goon sites can have a "sign in with your something awful account" button

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Ator posted:

Millionaire goon should pay developer goons to develop

lol as, if a goon, you would knowingly hire other goons

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
make job applkcations only open to people who post regularly in yospos

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
goon project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

add a bot subforum so markov chain programs can post and argue with each other

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Ator posted:

add a bot subforum so markov chain programs can post and argue with each other
name it gbs

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

live cams

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

make job applkcations only open to people who post regularly in yospos

please rewrite the forums in unreal engine blueprints tia

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Mods can only probate and ban users from the last thread they posted in.

This feature will lead to exciting "Catch me if you can" chases.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i have srs concerns about where I'm going to lurk when this all goes belly up

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
background scripts that mine bitcoins. for charity.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
girls gone awful

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

a Let's Post subforum where you can watch videos and livestreams of people posting on the forums

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
an "I'm feeling lucky" button that will reply to a random thread.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
slower forum loading to give you time to think about what you're doing with your life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my stepdads beer posted:

please rewrite the forums in unreal engine blueprints tia

hmm

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ffs lowtax stop throwing any more money down radium's code toilet and buy some new loving forum software.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I know it's because people are autistic and will flip out and leave because the font is different and some lovely topic they liked will have to be reposted but wouldn't it be far more cost effective for Lowtax to:

1. Do a loving Patreon or Kickstarter or whatever to pay for a coder(s) to customize a modern piece of forums software to add all the features SA has (most of which are common in modern forums where they weren't 10+ years ago)

2. Permanently archive the old forums and leave them searchable.

3. Drop the new thing in and just deal with everyone having to recreate their gay topics

Unless there's something where the user database or something cannot be copied over, in which case lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i m going to assume the user database is giant loving mess, seeing as your lose plat from getting banned but not other things

• Locked thread