Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I bought MGSV recently and it's very good. However it should be noted that it reaches peak goodness only when you spend hours doing Afghanistan related military operations. The periodic injections of retarded anime bullshit like ghost soldiers and fire mans quickly spike the quality downward. While such segments are agonizing they are also mercifully brief most the time (gently caress the prologue).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mash posted:

mgsv is simultaneously one of the best games i've played in a long time and also a huge disappointment

Why do people keep saying this? I'm asking earnestly because it is the first Metal Gear game I've ever played. I really don't know what expectations were but I like it a lot during the 95% of the game it's not about retarded poo poo like ghost soldiers.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Drinkfist posted:

Nothing like having a bigger budget than MGS4 and reaching the top 10 in largest budget video games of all time and failing to loving finish the game. Doesn't matter though because Kojima fanboys are so rabid they will eat the dick they are served without question. gently caress everything about MGS5. I dropped big money on that game and got some snake sandbox and no where near a Metal Gear Solid game.

MGS5 is the only game I've played in the series and I love the Snake sandbox. I have no context for what makes a "proper" Metal Gear game but if it's "sequence of linear missions about ghost soldiers" then lol I'm glad they didn't make that game because it would suck poo poo. gently caress ghosts, robots, and super soldiers, vive le sandbox.

I haven't finished the game yet (at mission 14) but honestly I don't give half a poo poo where the story goes at all. It's a great sandbox with a great set piece missions and that's all I want from it. The main story segments are unwelcome distractions from the rest of the game.

I may not be the Metal Gear series core audience.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ryoga posted:

Incorrect, this was actually Queen Elizabeth pretending to be Francis Drake.

you receive no points and may anime god have mercy on your soul.

Good disguise, had us fooled.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

so bad games

battlefront beta starts soon

i guess im going to try it because why not

I might try it out on console since that way I won't have to taint my PC with Origin.

Probably won't bother though because I'm still enjoying MGSV.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eonwe posted:

Recommend me animes to watch the 1st episode of

Metal Gear Solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zeike posted:

Animes can get really dark

I watched Full Metal Alchemist this year.

At first it was "ok so this is about a 13 year old Not Wizard and his brother the robot or something. Is this for kids? Why am I watching this?"

"oh wait hold on"

• Locked thread