Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LETS BUILD CASTLES!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

This thread has disturbed me far more than I thought it ever would.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

no effect, but totes saving that one tyvm.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I think I am keeping the best of both worlds balance here.

I wanted to get it but I heard nothing but bad poo poo from it. About how limited the maps are and content. I wasn't gonna go full price for some expansion.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

man i wish we were playing this

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 21, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Truga posted:

It's because Kojima got sorta fired halfway through or something beacuse Konami is really bad at making games recently. There's evidence they cut out like 1/3rd of a game because of budget/deadline constraints. They of course left in the lovely microtransaction bullshit, can't cut that when we can cut the game instead.

Nothing like having a bigger budget than MGS4 and reaching the top 10 in largest budget video games of all time and failing to loving finish the game. Doesn't matter though because Kojima fanboys are so rabid they will eat the dick they are served without question. gently caress everything about MGS5. I dropped big money on that game and got some snake sandbox and no where near a Metal Gear Solid game.

Hopefully the MGS5 Online will totally make up for the robbery. Doubtful. But hopefully.

Eonwe posted:

now im going to watch GATE

A gate appears out of nowhere in Shibuya, Tokyo, and all kinds of creatures come charging in: orcs, trolls, goblins, wyverns -- and they begin attacking passers by

this is extremely my poo poo I hope

That story with written by some JSDF shut in that decided that the main character would be a lazy, nerd, pacifist otaku that also happens to be a Special Forces + Ranger. He would also like to tell you that Japan's military never did anything loving wrong all throughout history and are well known for their humanitarian aid.

Its an amazing show written by a blind man with an erection.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I would suggest Overlord.

The show is pointlessly set in a "Im trapped in a video game" that serves no purpose. But you do get to see some Dungeons and Dragons nerd take his god tier Elder Litch on a walk though the story where no one stands a chance against him and he literally just crushes people as he considers taking over the world because its doable. Its a whole "What if my level capped super character from this MMO was real" nerd fantasy take.

It also fits the bill of a Bad Game and Anime so this totally belongs here along with Sword Art, .hack, Log Horizon and whatever else Japan throws up with this beaten down anime story theme.

I also notice a distinct lack of japanese schoolgirls running with toast in their mouths in this thread. Everything just got all Gundam/Miller's Hamburger as gently caress.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 22, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Truga posted:

Actually game is good and anime is good so anime game is good squared.

My upcoming hyped Anime Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eEmwrahtVs

RADIOACTIVE ... RADIOACTIVE.

Talk about forgetting there is already a fan presence in the United States for Ghost in the Shell and just marketing to pop music.

This is the Original trailer for Korea and Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYucNjpnXHg

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 23, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is always gonna be the best Ghost in the Shell game.

If you forget about the boss battles. Then yeah.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Truga posted:

Most magical girl shows own. Are there any good magical girl games?

Bayonetta. (Magical Hair Witch)
Telltale Walking Dead Season 2. (Magical Diplomat Child)
Parasite Eve. (Magical Freak)
Tomb Raider. (Magical Archaeologist)
Perfect Dark. (Magical Future Spy)
Xenosaga. (Magical Mecha Girl 5000)
Metriod. (Magical Power Suit Girl)
Beyond Good & Evil. (Magical Photographer)
Dino Crisis. (Magical Dino Dodger)
Crypt of the NecroDancer. (Magical Elite Beat Agent)
Hatoful Boyfriend. (Magical Birdmancer)
Mirror's Edge. (Magical Parkour Girl)
Life Is Strange. (Magical Time Girl)
Lollipop Chainsaw. (Magical Suda51 Girl)
Final Fantasy XIII. (Terrible poo poo Magical Girl)
P.N.03. (Master Magical Elite Beat Agent)
Persona. (Everyone is a Magical Girl. Even the Boys)
Resident Evil 1-3. (Magical Girl is canon pick)
Valkyrie Profile. (Viking Magical Girl)
Viewtiful Joe 2. (Magical Cheerleader)
Valkyria Chronicles. (Main Character and everyone he talks to is a Magical Girl)

Just some I have played and enjoyed off the top of my head.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

loving lol

I am a magical girl and if you look deep within yourself. You can be too.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Magical Girls.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

You want Turbonerd? Ill give you Turbonerd.

Romero's Aftermath just hit steam as a free to play game. Third time's a charm I guess. Seeing as this thread is just poo poo anyway I have to dump something here.

I like survival games too much but this madness is fucknuts. Some day we will see a loving Survival game make it out of early access that is not GoatZ.

Right now I have bought and am monitoring along with my thoughts:

- Rust
So far the most enjoyable PvP Survival situations have cropped up for me in this game. Worked on by Garry's team (Of Facepunch Studios (Garry's Mod)) and they got Goose (Counter Strike) on the payroll it is turning out to be a loving crazy ride from rough alpha release being super popular but they ran into a checkmate scenario with how servers handle player structures as well as many other issues and had to rebuild the game from the ground up using Unity Engine. So far they are the top Unity game as far as scope and engine fix requests so Unity is parading them around as a poster child even though they still never released their full scope and I have no loving idea when the full game is going into launch as they just keep adding/changing poo poo. If you got friends then give it a shot and you will have some crazy poo poo happen to you but if you are a solo player then skip this as you will just get shot on sight anyways. Survival games are not about making friends its about doing poo poo with the friends you already got.

- Day Z Standalone
Rocket (The creator of the original Arma 2 Day Z mod) Jumped ship so I think this game might actually be on track to suck less again. I still don't know how I feel about the format but it is essentially the flagship of the whole loving genre. The game is always going to be about four hour long spits of boredom and walking with one to twenty minutes of sheer adrenaline and terror. Rocket was a modder and has no loving idea how to work in a team or what the gently caress a scope of game is in the real world so I am glad to see the guy walk away from this with his paycheck. Bohemia Interactive might actually discover they can do other poo poo that isn't just straight hardcore military simulators. I am not looking at this loving game another day until they say it is out of early access. The nightmare is real with this project.

- 7 Days to Die
The Fun Pimps somehow founded a company with that name and gave us a really fun survival sandbox game that is pretty surprising considering what they are trying to do and what they have actually done. Probably the best PvE survival game I have ever played with the looting, random gen, building and zombie hordes being some highlights. I always want it to be harder and better because these guys are really on to something. They somehow combined elements of Fallout with Minecraft with Zombies. If you haven't seen the game recently give it a look now because it is starting to take some serious form.

- Ark
Great Survival game but I can't loving keep up with the updates and never could find a stable server or friends to play this with. I got about two week of fun out of this the day it hit steam and then between the loving constant barrage of updates and the amount of effort it takes to grind up a character in a new server I have shelved this Jurassic Park game until they have some degree of stability. I poo poo you not every day they drop a 50mb+ update on me from steam updates and its driving me loving nuts how this machine of a studio appeared out of thin air and made a game like this is SIX loving MONTHS where they are bounds ahead of many of the survival games that are worth a gently caress. The guy that formed up the company is a ex-Microsoft designer that worked on the Hololens and Direct X team. These people are loving machines and I can't wait to play their game when it stabilizes.

- Reign of Kings
Its like the B movie of Survival games. Total insanity with funny poo poo to do all over the place. Nothing like chopping down a tree for wood and seeing it hit the ground funny and flip off to the moon. Between ropes and kings this game is quite entertaining for a group of friends that really want to just gently caress with people in weird and fun ways. But like few B Movies it is totally terrible in a good way. Making a midget black man with giant fuckoff arms that scrape the ground I jovially roped a man that unfortunately forgot to hide sharp rocks in his anus and dragged him across the countryside so I could fling him over the wall of a keep that some people I didn't like built and letting them lock him in a cage and force feed him until he breaks out somehow and kills one of them in a mad dash for freedom. Total true story.

- Space Engineers
When they fix the scope of the multiplayer servers call me. I want to make big things and crash them into bigger things and enjoy the destruction but the state from last I played would chug when you did it. The game is borderline survival as it is very limiting in space for what they give you. Sometimes it will just be two big holy loving rocks and that is the whole goddam map. Really waiting on this one to go full release to see what they settle on. The tekkit minecraft construction styles with intricacies and complexity really had me hooked for making some fun things.

- Subnautica
Unknown Worlds (The people that made Natural Selection 2) took a crack at a Unique idea for a Survival game based on underwater exploration using the Unity Engine and it is shaping up to be a great single player immersive experience. Though they are far from complete their current builds show off some really great stuff for changing up the setting of standard games. I like this one but it's got work to be done until there is enough here to warrant a dedicated play though. The main issue they are getting hounded by is the fact they made the entire build to be single player only and to add multiplayer would require a heavy overhaul of their current code. Either way the visuals and the single player experience is totally fine with the format and I think this game should be coined Survival Adventure as it is really nuts hearing the crazy giant alien whales and deep sea creatures.

- Project Zomboid
Game is in Development hell and I got this gifted to me by Berg only a month ago. Totally has the foundation for a fun isometric survival zombie game but there is just loving nothing there. This is shelved until I see someone wake me up in the future saying they performed necromancy on this dead loving project.

- Life is Feudal
Sperg game for Sperg people. Total loving peasant simulator. The amount of effort required to get anything loving done is astronomical and they seem more interested in building literal loving castle booths in the PAX showfloor than they do about any kind of update schedule. They also have some loving pipe dream for a MMO. This game will launch the same day as Star Citizen. loving Never.

Someone said I should make a youtube channel and just shout at a camera all day about dumbass poo poo like this and make bank. I think the world has enough loving game nerd spergs and I don't want to be standing next to them because I don't shower enough myself already. I am sure the combined stench could curdle milk.

This whole post is literally me writing steam reviews for games because I have lost control of my life and think that I am some kind of self proclaimed expert on this genre that is sweeping Steam and everyone doesn't know what the gently caress is going on.

Oh yeah and if you didn't get it Romero's Aftermath is Infestation: Survivor Stories which was once called WAR Z and had a super shitlord running the company that made poo poo games for poo poo people. Don't even look at this garbage and just throw poo poo at it instead of going to the bathroom.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 25, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Last night I watched a fan-sub of the new Dragon Ball series and me and my friend were able to discern that Goten and Chi-Chi had the same voice-actor based on them having the same microphone distortion.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/30694/Dragon_Ball_Super/characters

Son, Goten

Nozawa, Masako

Chi-Chi

Watanabe, Naoko

Wrong. Turn in your gun and badge you fail anime school.

Edit: Wait did you mean to say fan sub? I am going to just change the quote to ensure I am still correct.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 25, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

btw you guys can honestly talk about whatever in this thread

talk about games

talk about anime

talk about life, whatever

im pretty sure kewpuh doesn't care if we have a social thread by any means

Your not the boss of me. How about we talk about how loving poo poo you are.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

this is the topic for all of your anime and video game needs

do you like mgs v? cool so do i post about it here

think a game is going to be bad? cool so do i post about it here

like anime? cool so do i post about it here

dont like anime? well im not down with that but post about it here

Eonwe posted:

gintama is very good as an anime

the main character is the prototypical goon

he has no job, he is lazy, he is borderline diabetic and carries a sword around everywhere

its cool because its in a neofeudal tokyo with aliens

Eonwe posted:

also I just started playing hardline again today and that is pretty fun

it used to be bad but the last few patches made it good

other than that im obviously playing mario maker and mgs v

Eonwe posted:

thats metal gear solid v

Eonwe posted:

this thread is off to a solid start

Eonwe posted:

I was guessing redbeard

Eonwe posted:

the fallout 4 thread in games is uh

really bad

Eonwe posted:

like all combinations of anime and video games it is very good

Eonwe posted:

what the gently caress

Eonwe posted:

episode 131 of gintama has a Jojo (stand) and Detroit Metal City reference in one episode

wowzers

Eonwe posted:

man i wish we were playing this

Eonwe posted:

im the carrot timer in that photo

Eonwe posted:

Those are some good looking burgs

Eonwe posted:

battlefield hardline

Eonwe posted:

as far as a good bad game

huniepop probably

like everything about it is bad, but its still fun to play through

Eonwe posted:

so im branching out on anime now

im just gonna watch random stuff on crunchyroll

'Actually, I Am'

apparently this dude can't lie and he has a crush on a vampire

what the gently caress am iw atching

Eonwe posted:

basically huniepop is the unholy fusion of bejeweled and the ganguro girl flash game

Eonwe posted:

'Actually, I am' - the art style is pretty stupid and they keep calling the main character a leaky basket

Eonwe posted:

ok there are some creepy scenes of girls stretching so im done with this anime now

that has been my first foray into randomly picking some anime in this thread

Eonwe posted:

now im going to watch GATE

A gate appears out of nowhere in Shibuya, Tokyo, and all kinds of creatures come charging in: orcs, trolls, goblins, wyverns -- and they begin attacking passers by

this is extremely my poo poo I hope

Eonwe posted:

just as far as games in general to play

ive been playing a lot of killing floor 2

its really fun imho

Eonwe posted:

and mgs v

Eonwe posted:

loving lol

Eonwe posted:

i dont know what any of that is

Eonwe posted:

i dont know what any of that is either

Eonwe posted:

so bad games

battlefront beta starts soon

i guess im going to try it because why not

Eonwe posted:

i dont know why i'm surprised by anything tbh

Eonwe posted:

gently caress you! gently caress you! gently caress you!!!!!!!

All in all your posts past the first are lacking images and are minimal as gently caress and have a tone like you are running a puppet show. I am here to entertain and as the head monkey you should be dancing for us as well. I hope in the second half of this thread you turn it around and drop some anime and poo poo posts about how terrible games are.

ILL BE WATCHING YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ekster posted:

We are accepting of all anime.

I can't wait to murder all the Fire Emblem characters with Satan.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 27, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am lightning. The rain transformed. Uggggggguuuuuuuuuuuooooo

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Level Slide posted:

Well, that's a bit of a lie. I've read One Piece up to the end of Marineford. Is that enough context for Baron Omatsuri?

Isnt Baron Omatsuri that movie where they totally flip the style of the show in every way possible? If you are looking for a good One Piece movie it would be Dead End Adventure. In fact I used that Dead End movie as a intro to One Piece for some people. Most of the movies for One Piece are really wierd with where they place and what the tone is because they are mostly not written by Oda and get totally hosed up with how adventure is written.

One Piece: The Movie - Big loving Meh.
Clockwork Island Adventure - Supreme Garbage.
Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals - Chopper Mascot Sellout.
Dead End Adventure - The Good Movie.
The Cursed Holy Sword - Completely disregards Zoro's character and backstory.
Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island - loving Wierd. Like they wanted Luffy to be in Akira. Everything is 180.
The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle - Only purpose was to forshadow Gear Second. Would have been a lot better if Franky was in it.
Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates - Alabasta Arc fast and dirty. Characters and massive events totally removed from story.
Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in Winter, Miracle Sakura - Drum Kingdom fast and dirty. Characters and massive events totally removed from story. Everything that was good about the orignal arc was changed or removed.
One Piece Film: Strong World - This one was ok. Would have been better if they didn't do the whole Nami is a helpless princess bit.
One Piece 3D: Straw Hat Chase - Didn't even bother with this one.
One Piece Film: Z - I honestly don't know what the gently caress was going on.

• Locked thread