Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't want to look at Woody Harrelson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

rejutka posted:

Wait until you hear about Stan.

Does something happen to Stan? I have formed a strong connection to his character, and if something were to happen to him, I don't know if I would be able to process it.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Tricky D posted:

Does something happen to Stan? I have formed a strong connection to his character, and if something were to happen to him, I don't know if I would be able to process it.

You deserve better.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
tv shows as 'art'

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

iammeandsoareyou posted:

This. For all Vince Vaughn's failings as a dramatic actor (and they are legion) he absolutely did the character as well is it could have been done within the constraints of the script.

lol no

VV torpedoed that character. It should have been the best part of the show but it got Vince Vaugned.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

You tell me about this scene and how it displays Vince Vaughn's failure to portray his character

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Easily the best thing Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson did together http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0976247/

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Boko Haram posted:

You tell me about this scene and how it displays Vince Vaughn's failure to portray his character

If I have to tell you you'll never know anyway.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think VV did the best he could with it and shone a few spots

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Matey posted:

Easily the best thing Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson did together http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0976247/

Shut up you don't even watch True Detective, not a True Fan :frogout:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Boko Haram posted:

you probably haven't seen surfer dude so unless you have then you can't talk bub

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I just watched the first season last week for the first time and I enjoyed it.

I thought that the image of the galaxy-black-hole that Rust saw and/or hallucinated was poignant and it is has really stuck with me. At first I thought it was the end result of the crazy sacrifices that the redneck guy had made, like he had created some sort of portal into hell or something. But the more I thought about it, I think it was Rust's vision of his daughter in the afterlife, or at least the gateway into the afterlife.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I watched that 6 minute one shot scene on YouTube which was pretty cool. I was going to start watching the show after that but the dialogue after they got into the car killed it for me.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
funny because that was the end of episode lol

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Frostwerks posted:

want to watch bill the butcher deliver that blue balls of the heart line so loving bad im chubbing up

I don't think daniel day lewis would've ok'ed saying those lines, he would argue with pizzaboy about how stupid his lines were

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO59ITNCxzk

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
So I guess Season 3 cancelled? :nallears:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Simstim posted:

I don't think daniel day lewis would've ok'ed saying those lines, he would argue with pizzaboy about how stupid his lines were

are you seriously suggesting that ddl has more integrity than VV? I am shocked. Shocked, sir. Just loving shocked

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Macnult posted:

I watched that 6 minute one shot scene on YouTube which was pretty cool. I was going to start watching the show after that but the dialogue after they got into the car killed it for me.

lol you're dumb

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Boko Haram posted:

season 2 was absolutely haram

hth

believe me, i liked the first few episodes, i thought they were going to build something good, but gently caress they started to drag that poo poo out

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Season 2 is better than season 1.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

circ dick soleil posted:

Season 2 is better than season 1.
. . . . . . . \

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How can I expect original and creative writing from a show that doesn't have an original nor creative title?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I still don't know who the True Detective is. Was it Stan?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can tell a show is bad when its possible to remove a main character without affecting the story whatsoever. For instance gay bike cop, if you removed him from the story then literally nothing would change except for how they find the body, which was a retarded coincidence anyway.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go4lMcRfves]

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

You have failed your username/tagline.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

You can tell a show is bad when its possible to remove a main character without affecting the story whatsoever. For instance gay bike cop, if you removed him from the story then literally nothing would change except for how they find the body, which was a retarded coincidence anyway.

Yeah you could tell it was going to be poo poo based on the first episode. All the clues were there. Compare to first episode of season 1 and it's just completely night and day. loving idiot nicky pizzas.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Tricky D posted:

I still don't know who the True Detective is. Was it Stan?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i had a dream where i was gonna die in the forest, better go to this forest to get away from these bad guys nothing bad will happen to me here

also star crossed lovers with the woman getting pregnant after one sexual encounter. is this a first year loving creative writing class

thathonkey posted:

Yeah you could tell it was going to be poo poo based on the first episode. All the clues were there. Compare to first episode of season 1 and it's just completely night and day. loving idiot nicky pizzas.

*hire awesome action director*

*make him direct first two episodes with no action*

lol

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 22, 2015

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Season 2 was really good. Not as good as season 1, but I really love the atmosphere and feel of the series.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Velk and Frank should have been the only two and Frank should have been played by an actor instead of that guy who played him.

tao of lmao posted:

Season 2 was really good. Not as good as season 1, but I really love the atmosphere and feel of the series.
. . . . . . . \

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004
Season 2 was a normal TV cop show, but instead of music they banged pots together or something in a vain attempt to capture the atmosphere of season 1. Oh and they violated the cardinal rule "show don't tell."

I'll watch season 3 though.. season 1 couldn't have been dumb luck, could it?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
i sure fuckin hope not

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I didn't finish season 2 but man that shootout scene... the setup for it was totally contrived but the scene itself was pretty good

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it's all one ghetto man... a giant gutter in outer space

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
season 1 is really really good tv

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

hail stan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
best 6 minutes in tv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

• Locked thread