Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's all over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1-15 Watch

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008
Lions will always be 0-16 in my heart

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also :laffo: at needing every last bit of effort to beat the Chicago Bears

just sayin'

that game was basically a cripple fight

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

tinstaach posted:

Has any team ever fired their coaching staff after a win?

Broncos last year I think

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Meet again next year? Pretty sure the Lions will be at it again

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears are the worst defense i've ever seen

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Whew!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Excelzior posted:

just sayin'

Do you think the Lions will turn round and realize "We spent all that effort...to beat the Other Worst Team in the League."

They then march, one by one, into Lake St Clair.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
They should still overhaul their staff after this season if not sooner, but hey good job guys

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Do you think the Lions will turn round and realize "We spent all that effort...to beat the Other Worst Team in the League."

They then march, one by one, into Lake St Clair.

Beating the other worst team in the league doesn't happen until Week 16, against San Francisco.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't complain about refs usually but that was the worst officiated game I have ever loving seen.

Like Scab Refs level.

Also gently caress John Fox and Gase.
Lions couldn't stop a pass all game and yet with two minutes to go and in OT you don't pass and loving go to Jeffrey?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

I don't complain about refs usually but that was the worst officiated game I have ever loving seen.

Like Scab Refs level.

Also gently caress John Fox and Gase.

I stopped paying attention after the bears took the 4th quarter lead, why are you mad at them?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

I stopped paying attention after the bears took the 4th quarter lead, why are you mad at them?

Massive holding on the big play that caused the Lions to get in gamewinning FG range

ed: Thought you meant the refs, oops

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

2:40 left in the 4th.

Run, Run, Run, punt like maybe 20 seconds taken off the clock.

Chris James 2 posted:

Massive holding on the big play that caused the Lions to get in gamewinning FG range

Also that bullshit Non int Tate TD.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dexo posted:

Like Scab Refs level.

It's not as bad when you're at Michigan/Michigan State yesterday, and the ref calls a penalty on the wrong team, has his mic on as the coach tells him it was the wrong team, then the call gets reversed with no explanation.

The refereeing in football is getting worse than ever.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Go Lions

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

mastershakeman posted:

their game winning plan for OT consisted of "run on 1st, run on 2nd, pass on 3rd, punt on 4th and inches and watch the defense crumble while being obviously held"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Like even loving Lovie would have went for it on that 4th and inches.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The offense was loving dealing, let Cutler be Cutler in that situation if he loses then so be it but the Run game had been poo poo all game against the Lions front.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the 76 bucs and 08 lions can drink lovely beer

megatron can drink lovely beer in victory

lions bitch

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Close this thread

Fluo
May 25, 2007

GNU Order posted:

Close this thread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rename this Thread the Race for the Number One pick.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Rename this Thread the Race for the Number One pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Excelzior posted:

just sayin'

Nobody is saying this was anything but a cripple fight.

• Locked thread