Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Burginator posted:

Let me just say that today was my grandfather's wake, and my father was more depressed about the awful state of the bears during the game than he was about the fact that his father had passed away.

Chicago fans are in for a rough couple of years.

Well your grandfather's wake was only the one day, the Bears are like having a funeral every Sunday for four months straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Filthy Casual posted:

That's possibly the only backup Clausen has outplayed.
Ryan Lindley

He started a playoff game.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Blitz7x posted:

Pickles will throw for a lot of yards on the Raiders D though.

This is crazy talk. You are crazy. Pickles wont get more than 80 yards

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Athanatos posted:

This is crazy talk. You are crazy. Pickles wont get more than 80 yards

If the Bears have a tight end on the field he will set a career high in receiving yards.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Bears do have a tight end on the field. The Bears strategy is to not let Pickles do anything, however. This raises the question of why they extended him when they know he's not capable.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Bears do have a tight end on the field. The Bears strategy is to not let Pickles do anything, however. This raises the question of why they extended him when they know he's not capable.

Because it's the NFL, where fielding a garbage player whom everyone knows is garbage is still considered a safer move than signing an unknown.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

If the Bears have a tight end on the field he will set a career high in receiving yards.

Forte doesnt throw though. Bears with Pickles run twice with Forte then have Clausen limp dick a throw to a WR that lands nowhere near them then punt the ball. No TE involved in their game at all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Set sail for Fales

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Probably because they thought Clausen was so bad that no one on Chicago Sports Radio would ever demand that the Bears bench Cutler for him.

But they didn't know the true pain of Chicago Sports Radio.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Chicago sports radio callers probably think signing Jim McMahon is still a viable option in 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

There are people that want the Bears to pick up Tim Tebow! :psyduck:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ohhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiioiit.

Scoopage: The Panthers have just agreed to a trade for Bears DE Jared Allen

Jay Glazer, and Brad Biggs.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

Even Pickles is better than Caleb loving Hanie.

Remember that time hanie outplayed Cutler lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Remember that time hanie outplayed Cutler lmao

No. When was this so I can laugh at you and tell you how wrong you are.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bears are burning the car for insurance money

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

Yeah rip

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Los Angeles Bears has a ring to it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

sweet thursday posted:

Bears are burning the car for insurance money

Do the Bears have any decent defensive backs they can trade to the Patriots for peanuts for no good reason? That seems like the next logical step to the "gently caress it we give up" plan.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

The game cutler got sacked 9 times in a half by the giants and was concussed and stayed in the game unable to understand what was happening

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Good, he was trash

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Do the Bears have any decent defensive backs they can trade to the Patriots for peanuts for no good reason? That seems like the next logical step to the "gently caress it we give up" plan.

:lol: The Bears pretty much have no decent members in their secondary.

Amos might not be terrible, but he's nothing special yet as a rookie.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

NFC championship game against the Packers iirc.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm extremely OK with this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

The game cutler got sacked 9 times in a half by the giants and was concussed and stayed in the game unable to understand what was happening

Even then he was better than pickles. Cutler at least could still throw passes.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Nah, Hanie was better than the immortal Todd Collins in that game.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Can we have the Cardinals back? :shobon:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tavarin posted:

:lol: The Bears pretty much have no decent members in their secondary.

Amos might not be terrible, but he's nothing special yet as a rookie.

Kyle fuller sure got coached into the ground, I don't get what happened to him

But same goes for guys like kalil on the Vikings

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tavarin posted:

Nah, Hanie was better than the immortal Todd Collins in that game.

And better than Cutler.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Nope you are wrong. Cutler was playing on a torn acl for a large portion of that game. Didn't get pulled til after the first Drive in the third, then todd collins came in and sucked it up, then Caleb threw a pick 6 to a effing nose tackle.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
"We need to generate more than zero points to win games."

"Mr. Fox----"

"WAIT! IM NOT FINISHED!"

*clears throat*

"Now as I was saying, "We need to generate more than zero points to win games..."
Stares directly into the camera. :shepspends:

"IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Unless you really think Caleb scoring against a vanilla defense that's giving you yards is impressive

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

Nope you are wrong. Cutler was playing on a torn acl for a large portion of that game. Didn't get pulled til after the first Drive in the third, then todd collins came in and sucked it up, then Caleb threw a pick 6 to a effing nose tackle.

And Raji almost pulled a Leon Lett with it.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

ArgaWarga posted:

Can we have the Cardinals back? :shobon:

World first request.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Unless you really think Caleb scoring against a vanilla defense that's giving you yards is impressive

Cutler was 6/14 for piss in that game, then Hanie came in and the offense showed some life. I thought Cutler was healthy until he got hurt in that one.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Cutler was 6/14 for piss in that game, then Hanie came in and the offense showed some life. I thought Cutler was healthy until he got hurt in that one.

Nah, he was hobbling around the entire game. Hanie showed life when the Green Bay D was in a prevent to start the 4th, then threw a pick to Raji when they actually decided to play D again.

Although both of them looked like Aaron Rodgers compared to Todd Collins, who couldn't even complete a pass.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Wasn't that because Cutler got injured in the first half and didn't come back in and Hanie came in against a Packers defense playing incredibly soft

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Todd Collins is one of those guys that you can't help but wonder how in the hell he got a job in the NFL that wasn't as a ball boy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Iirc he injured his leg in the middle of the second played the rest of that, then came back out for one drive in the third.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Todd Collins is one of those guys that you can't help but wonder how in the hell he got a job in the NFL that wasn't as a ball boy.

Bills drafted him in the second round lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

adaz posted:

Bortles was the worst QB in the NFL last year and this year, statistically, is like the 5th worst. Cutler isn't all pro but he's definitely average to at his best above average.

He was a rookie this year, and if his passer rating held for this year, while not stellar, it's within about 10 of the best season Cutler has ever had. It's a dropoff, but it's not as big a dropoff as you're making it out to be. Your analogy would've been appropriate for say Aaron Rodgers to Bortles.

Or, possibly, Cutler to Pickles, who is way worse than Bortles.

• Locked thread