Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

I need help bad, like real bad! My family has been predominantly warlords and fighters and they are very proud of their roots as mageslayers, but after my most recent dungeon run i suddenly got this urge I've never had before. I saw our wizard cast a cone of cold and that woke something inside me, some strange feelings i never knew were there. Now i have nothing against wizards and i even had a period in my life where i thought about going full wiz, but this is the first time i ever felt a draw toward the arcane.

I think i might be a spellblade, i dont know how my family will react. I dont know if i want to be this way!

Try it out for a run or two. You don't want to come out to your parents and have it just be a phase you were going through. That would be very embarrassing and cause a lot of unnecessary stress in your life. Infuse a weapon here and there, see if its really what you want before plunging in by taking more ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

Can you please stop opening popups in my loving house? tia.
sorry i don't have the power to stop

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
What you're doing is unnatural.

It's Adam & Eve, not Adam & Hermione!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Applewhite posted:

This. This is my biggest pet peeve with society's treatment of paladins. We're rarely acknowledged in the media and when we are, it's only to portray us as overly dogmatic puritans who are perpetually one bad encounter away from becoming the next Arthas.
Just because you read it on TVTropes doesn't mean it's true.
Most paladins go their whole lives without bathing a whole village in the cleansing purity of holy fire, but no-one wants to talk about them.

This was way at the start of the thread, but this really gets my undead goat.

Y'know what? It s inevitable if you have any sense. Because once you get older and see the real world, you grow out of that juvenile charity nonsense and decide to make something of your life.

Paladin prance around , "helping" people who learn to rely on them and end up right in the same place next week, expecting another Lay-on-handout. Ex-Paladin build industries, create jobs, work to improve themselves and the world around them, and get results.

It's why all the good (well, all the capable, driven, and ambitious) wizards are going Lich. That's where the real growth is happening these days, even if dead flesh cannot grow without unholy magic of the vilest sort.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I couldnt be prouder fellas. My little girl has decided to take up spell casting. Since tye store was out of robes we got her a witches dress. If I can find I have a pic on my phone an let you guys see.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
The other wizards I'm friends with have started judging me harshly since I started dating a goblin named Hobarg. Hobarg is a really sweet fella and he's been good to me, I don't understand why they are hating on me so bad. It was bad enough coming out to my parents as a wizard but as a goblin lover too? That was when they disowned me and now my friends are even being cruel. :(:

Edit: I really just find his green dong so irresistible.

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 26, 2015

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Jukeboxblues posted:

Try it out for a run or two. You don't want to come out to your parents and have it just be a phase you were going through. That would be very embarrassing and cause a lot of unnecessary stress in your life. Infuse a weapon here and there, see if its really what you want before plunging in by taking more ranks.

GREAT, my life is ruined! I tried enchanting my bastard sword with a fire enchantment and to start with it felt pretty good. I was wielding the arcane and infusing it into my swordplay in a display of martial prowess when my loving brother saw me! He pushed me, called me a "goddamn rober" and asked if i was going to turn him into a frog. My whole family disowned me, telling me i was a disgrace and that they were disappointed for raising a "lousy goddamned wand polishing ninny". Now my family has cast me out and I'm forced to live on the streets, enchanting the blades of random johns to make ends meet.

My life is over

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

GREAT, my life is ruined! I tried enchanting my bastard sword with a fire enchantment and to start with it felt pretty good. I was wielding the arcane and infusing it into my swordplay in a display of martial prowess when my loving brother saw me! He pushed me, called me a "goddamn rober" and asked if i was going to turn him into a frog. My whole family disowned me, telling me i was a disgrace and that they were disappointed for raising a "lousy goddamned wand polishing ninny". Now my family has cast me out and I'm forced to live on the streets, enchanting the blades of random johns to make ends meet.

My life is over

I am sorry this happened! :ohdear: But don't worry, your life isn't over!

There are shelters you can go to that specialize in helping people like you out (cast out by parents who don't understand magic). You can find your nearest help center either by visiting your nearest church or wizard school. You will probably meet a lot of people with similar stories there, and you can make a heap of new friends! Not to mention you will get free food and a room to sleep in until you can get back on your feet. If you're parents can't accept you for who you are, then why should you accept them for treating their own flesh and blood so badly? Make new friends, make them your new family. Besides, you're a highly desirable Spellsword now, you can only go up from here my friend!

AbbadonOfHell posted:

The other wizards I'm friends with have started judging me harshly since I started dating a goblin named Hobarg. Hobarg is a really sweet fella and he's been good to me, I don't understand why they are hating on me so bad. It was bad enough coming out to my parents as a wizard but as a goblin lover too? That was when they disowned me and now my friends are even being cruel. :(:

Edit: I really just find his green dong so irresistible.

That's just gross (what you're friends are doing, that is!). While goblins do have gross feet and badly taken care of teeth and finger nails, a foul odor, and lack a certain higher reasoning center of their brain, I can't blame you for falling in love. I can't say I understand it, but I hope you and Hobarg find happiness.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Jukeboxblues posted:

That's just gross (what you're friends are doing, that is!). While goblins do have gross feet and badly taken care of teeth and finger nails, a foul odor, and lack a certain higher reasoning center of their brain, I can't blame you for falling in love. I can't say I understand it, but I hope you and Hobarg find happiness.

We're trying, I've gotten to casting prestidigitation on him every few days and that helps with a bit of the problems. I guess it could be worse though, I could be in a abusive relationship with a orc that doesn't respect my spellcasting abilities. Hobarg here loves it when I do minor glamours and stuff.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

AbbadonOfHell posted:

We're trying, I've gotten to casting prestidigitation on him every few days and that helps with a bit of the problems. I guess it could be worse though, I could be in a abusive relationship with a orc that doesn't respect my spellcasting abilities. Hobarg here loves it when I do minor glamours and stuff.

Aww that's so cute. You two sound like a great couple! I used to date this gnome girl who loved it when I would light candles or the fireplace with magic. She was such a sweet girl.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

BombiTheZombie posted:

My life is over

Come to the forest and sample the Druid life. We're not homeless--we're just "one with nature!"

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Liaten to him man. He got me a gig watchin over a grove just like three days ago and my boss is all ready talking bout promotion. Comes with some new threads and a kick rear end grimoire with so bomb rear end spells.

Watch out for the squirrels though, those guys are assholes.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
We already knew you had a thing for rods, honey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Time_pants posted:

Come to the forest and sample the Druid life. We're not homeless--we're just "one with nature!"

Don't kid yourself. I once had a druid crash in my crypt for a week. I had to summon a whole horde of undead to kick the mooching bastard out. That crypt still smells like deer.

• Locked thread