Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Typical. Just typical. Just like a wizard to talk about how "hard' it is being a Wizard. How society shuns him for being "different."

Get over yourself, dude. Being an Arcane caster has been socially acceptable for over a decade. Do you have any idea how hard it is being a Druid in 2015? Of course you don't. You're too busy locked in your literal ivory tower pouring over scrolls or bat guano or whatever it is you people use for casting reagents these days. Oh, how brave of you to come out as being a Wizard! Boy, I bet it took a lot of courage to tell your parents that you love reading spellbooks. Ever try and explain to your dad that you want to transition into being a Dire Wolf? Do you have any idea how that conversation goes?

You Wizards have such a persecution complex, as if the entire world is out to get you, when, in fact, they're only out to get a couple of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Time_pants posted:

Typical. Just typical. Just like a wizard to talk about how "hard' it is being a Wizard. How society shuns him for being "different."

Get over yourself, dude. Being an Arcane caster has been socially acceptable for over a decade. Do you have any idea how hard it is being a Druid in 2015? Of course you don't. You're too busy locked in your literal ivory tower pouring over scrolls or bat guano or whatever it is you people use for casting reagents these days. Oh, how brave of you to come out as being a Wizard! Boy, I bet it took a lot of courage to tell your parents that you love reading spellbooks. Ever try and explain to your dad that you want to transition into being a Dire Wolf? Do you have any idea how that conversation goes?

You Wizards have such a persecution complex, as if the entire world is out to get you, when, in fact, they're only out to get a couple of you.

You know it depends a lot on where you grow up. Yes up in the frozen north being a wizard is usually no big deal. And big cities anywhere are more cosmopolitan. Wizards who are born into the barbaric wilds of the Southron kingdoms still have to hide who they are lest they face persecution or worse at the hands of ignorant savages and beast-men.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

My grandparents were on vacation in Rashemen when the red wizards attempted a coup.

Gonna need to get a different point of view on this story
yes I know that's not how it is spelled

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Applewhite posted:

You know it depends a lot on where you grow up. Yes up in the frozen north being a wizard is usually no big deal. And big cities anywhere are more cosmopolitan. Wizards who are born into the barbaric wilds of the Southron kingdoms still have to hide who they are lest they face persecution or worse at the hands of ignorant savages and beast-men.

BEAST-MEN?! BARBARIC WILDS?!

Buddy, you've got a lot of nerve. First of all, they're called Lycanthropes, and I'll thank you very much not to use the B-word again when referring to them. Secondly, they're not "barbaric wilds." It's called a "forest." Do Barbarians inhabit it? Yes. But so do squirrels. So I guess we should go around calling them "squirrelic wilds?" No, of course not, that's asinine. You know, you city-dwellers are all alike. If it doesn't have four walls and a roof, it must be chaos and disorder!

I can't believe I even waste my time trying to explain this. I have enough trouble trying to land a date with a nice nymph or dryad, who all say they want a "nice guy," but at the waxing of the Green Moon, who do they all go home with? Chadwicke the Ranger, naturally. He's not a nice guy, ladies! You know he'll be gone before sunrise. He didn't put all those skill points into Hide and Move Silently because he's into pillow talk.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Time_pants posted:

BEAST-MEN?! BARBARIC WILDS?!

Buddy, you've got a lot of nerve. First of all, they're called Lycanthropes, and I'll thank you very much not to use the B-word again when referring to them. Secondly, they're not "barbaric wilds." It's called a "forest." Do Barbarians inhabit it? Yes. But so do squirrels. So I guess we should go around calling them "squirrelic wilds?" No, of course not, that's asinine. You know, you city-dwellers are all alike. If it doesn't have four walls and a roof, it must be chaos and disorder!

I can't believe I even waste my time trying to explain this. I have enough trouble trying to land a date with a nice nymph or dryad, who all say they want a "nice guy," but at the waxing of the Green Moon, who do they all go home with? Chadwicke the Ranger, naturally. He's not a nice guy, ladies! You know he'll be gone before sunrise. He didn't put all those skill points into Hide and Move Silently because he's into pillow talk.

A lycanthrope shifts between a fully human form and an animal (typically wolf) form. a beast man is the unholy fusion of man and beast, usually brought about through a combination of grain alcohol and sex with farm animals.
A werewolf is a lycanthrope, a minotaur is a beast-man.
Now who's ignorant? Oh, it's you.
Don't let your fedora hit you on the way out.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Applewhite posted:

A lycanthrope shifts between a fully human form and an animal (typically wolf) form. a beast man is the unholy fusion of man and beast, usually brought about through a combination of grain alcohol and sex with farm animals.
A werewolf is a lycanthrope, a minotaur is a beast-man.
Now who's ignorant? Oh, it's you.

You're right, and I apologize for the mistake. In my defense, do you know how many labyrinths there are in the forest? Not many.

We Chaotic Neutral types tend to let our emotions boil a little close to the surface. My lycanthropic friend, Jacob, has had his life basically ruined by that "Twilight" nonsense, and I guess I'm just a little sensitive after seeing all the prejudice he's been subjected to.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

A sorceress acquaintance of mine calls me at 1:00am today and asks me if I could summon a familiar for her and bring it over in the afternoon. "Hey yeah sure sure, whatever you need I'll help you, I'm all yours," I tell her. She teleports me this grimoire and lo and behold I can't read it. It's written in Khazalid and I don't have that speak language talent so I begin panicing, trying to earn XP to learn this skill or a way to translate the grimoire. Scouring the aether realm yields no results and I do my usual pacing in my tower.

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the sorceress, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry my arcane library about 2miles to her keep, work together on translating the needed pages, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking leather satchel full of scrolls. The first thing I see upon entering her chambers (my first time in a sorceress's bedroom) are some enchanted panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the reagents and get my spell done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

To make a long story short, just as I was finishing up with the summoning job (which was hard on my low constitution), her boyfriend and his gay friend walk in, say hello, and begin hanging out in the room as they waited for the sorceress to finish this ritual so they could go to the dungeon.

This effectively ruins my chances of getting a hug and I walk another 2 miles home with the motherfucking library on my back. The only thing that I got out of this was a few lost hit points and a "thanks" as I walked out her chamber door.

So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a sorceress and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Quote-Unquote posted:

Gonna need to get a different point of view on this story
yes I know that's not how it is spelled

Maybe you could ask my grandfather. He'll have a hard time answering though, seeing as how a red wizard turned his face into something resembling a deflated balloon.

I don't really give a poo poo about Rashemi politics, all I know is that the red wizards hosed Grandpa Cheeto up for absolutely no reason.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Who else here has Polymorphed an uggo into a stunner?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting XP points" as if they they were an object to do what? Level up and forget about it? Some life. "Getting XP" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "player character"s. Who gives a drat about being more powerful amongst those vapid wastes of food and healing potions?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting XP points" as if they they were an object to do what? Level up and forget about it? Some life. "Getting XP" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "player character"s. Who gives a drat about being more powerful amongst those vapid wastes of food and healing potions?

Speak for yourself. Some of us need those XP to cleanse the forest of corruption and keep the steel teeth of Dwarven axes at bay. Not all of us lead the fast life of a carefree adventurer. Some of us work for a living and see amassing XP as a way out of the 9-to-5 of planting saplings and grove-tending.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

VendaGoat posted:

Who else here has Polymorphed an uggo into a stunner?

I've modified my polymorph spell so I do Air Guitar while I cast for this result.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Two days ago (sunday night) I cried myself to sleep. This sorceress (I will refer to her as S'arahq) I have been obsessed with since 3rd grade threw a levelling up party on saturday, it was a pretty casual house party, so people brought friends along, of course I was not invited (no sorceress would ever invite me to a party), but my friend asked me to come along, and of course I jumped at the opportuinity.

Around an hour into the party, it happened that me and S'arahq were alone in the kitchen while others danced and talked in the banquet hall. I was there to get a drink, and when I came in and saw her by the pantry, a deep shocking, sinking feeling almost paralysed me with fear, as I just stood there staring at her for about 5 seconds (I am absolutely TERRIFIED of females, especially S'arahq, I had no idea she would be in there alone). When she looked at me I quickly glanced away in shame. After about 10 awkward seconds of me staring at the floor and her standing there awkwardly, she finally spoke.

"Uh, hi, you're frank, right?"
"No. Francis of Neverwinter."
"Oh, but it's frank for short, right?"
"No."
"Sorry, I must have you confused with someone else."

I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Want a drink?"
"Yeah. Thanks.

She handed me a beer.

"I'M A LOW CONSTITUTION CHARACTER!!"

I just tried to tell her I was low constitution (and therefore didn't drink), but I was so nervous when she approached me physically that it came out in what sounded like a confontational shout which totally wasn't what I intended.

"Sorry, uh there's an apple juice if you like"
"I don't drink fruit juices, they are carginogens."
"Oh.."

I couldn't stand the fear of being near her any more, so I scurried away and (again in that nervous shout) blurted out "CONGRATS ON LEVELLING UP" and heard her say "thanks" as I walked back into the living room, up the stairs and into the bathroom where I literally collapsed and started shivering on the floor with fear, tears came from my eyes. After about 5 minutes of just lying there I composed myself and went downstairs again. For the rest of the party I pretty much avoided her and talked with some people I knew.

When me and my friend got back home to my house and polymorphed a few mice for about half an hour, he left and I said bye. It was at this point I realised he had left his megascope crystal. As I was about to call him to tell him, it suddenly struck me that he probably had S'arahq's aether address on his crystal. I literally sat there for 45 minutes shivering with both anticipation and fear as I saw the crystal active in my megascope, begging me to communicate with her.

Simple. I'd just contact her, apologise for the awkwardness and ask her if she wanted to get a potion some time. The only problem was this was about the scariest thing imaginable. I felt my body ache with fear as I tried to activate the communication device several times but was too scared. I got a disconnecting feeling as if none of this was actually happening to me, like maybe it was all a dream. When I finally got the courage to activate it, my heart raced as I heard the magical tone.

"Hello?"
"Hey, sorry about earlier, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out for potions some time ?(WHAT THE gently caress was I thinking??)"
"Sorry, who is this?"

I (stupidly) hadn't anticipated she would ask who it was. the question caught me totally off guard. I thought of just saying my name, or giving a fake name, or shouting out "your worst loving nightmare", or avoiding the question, and a host of other ideas over the course of about 5 seconds. I was too stunned to even reply.

Another 5 seconds of silence.

"Are you still there?"
"Yeah...sorry, I.. it's"
"Oh, Francis of Neverwinter right?
I was silent again
"Sorry yeah, I - I'm pretty busy lately but maybe- uh I'll summon you another time if i get time to go out uh (I could regognize that she had no intention of summoning me), what's your aether?"
I gave her my aether address.
"Ok, well bye!"
"Bye."

As I hung up and put the phone down, the realization of what had just happened hit me like a wrecking ball, I collapsed on the sofa and fell asleep with exaustion. About 5 minutes later I get a message on my megascope.

"Hello?"
A male voice.
"Is this francis of Neverwinter?"
"Yeah uh who is this?"
"I'm just calling to give you a friendly warning, stay away from S'arahq, okay? She's my concubine, and she has no interest in you whatsoever, you're a creep."

The realization and jealousy that she had a barbarian boyfriend, coupled with the shock and unexpectedness of this conversation filled me with rage.

"gently caress YOU YOU MOTHER F-ORC FUNK" I stuttered incomprehensibly with rage.
"Man you're hosed up in the head aren't you. I'm WARNING you, stay away."

He hung up.

I literally let out a massive scream of both sadness jealousy anger and fear that gripped my entire body. I went to bed and got about 2 hours of sleep.

The next (sunday) morning, I got up feeling like absolute poo poo. As I always do to when I feel terrible, I force myself to walk outside, go to the marketplace (5 min walk) where there are lots of people, and buy something or run into someone I know. I couldn't find anyone I knew, so I bought a decoction and walked out the front enterance, where I saw something that made my heart skip.

S'arahq and some barbarian (probably her boyfriend?) walking into the mall. I saw her glance with shock at me and quickly look away trying to make it seem as if she hadn't noticed me. I rushed towards her.

"S'arahq!" I shouted

Her boyfriend turned around with shock and saw me.

"ARE YOU FRANCIS OF NEVERWINTER?" he asked angrily.

I stood there staring.

"Get out of here man, we don't want anything to do with you, understand?"

"gently caress YOU, THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY!"

As a rage overcameme me, I rushed forward and threw my decoction as hard as I possibly could at the bastard, totally missing him and tripping over myself in the process. What happened next was the worst feeling I had ever felt.

S'arahq stood there laughing at me. The expression on her beautiful face, half disgust half laughter made me feel terrible like I never imagined I could. I hated her guts at that moment.

"YOU oval office!" I yelled.

Her eyes widened, even the barbarian looked shocked and the three of us stood there staring for maybe 5 seconds.

"YOU MOTHER loving oval office!!" I yelled as I started shooting lightning bolts at her. She made made me feel so terrible it physically hurt in my stomach. I was about to loving attack her. I couldn't believe it. It was like some force was controlling me and like I had no control at all. God loving drat I'm stupid when I'm angry and upset. Before I could reach her, the barbarian grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me to the ground.

"JUST GET OUT OF HERE YOU loving WEIRDO AND BE THANKFUL I DONT loving KILL YOU!!"

I rushed for him with every ounce of anger and strength in my body and groaned as his fist connected with my tummy, winding and incapacitating me. He stared for a second, as if he hadn't expected me to be so easily beaten, before he and S'arahq both ran off in a panic. I knew there was no way I could take him, and that he probably went to go get the watch. These facts, coupled with my crippling social awkwardness and the fact that people all over were staring at me like some kind of freak caused me to run home, totally defeated, clutching my tummy.

That night I considered suicide. My mage lord masters aren't home until next week and I felt an aching loneliness. I never went through with it, but have been left crippled emotionally. I havn't gone to the wizard academy either today or yesterday. My masters will kill me when they get home. I'm a loving failure of a wizard.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
How long is one in wizard college? And how are the prices per semester? Looking to start in the fall just want to make sure I get into the best place for the best price.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

a very sad and emasculating story
You don't even have to tell me: she's a Half-Elf, right? Half-Elf girls won't give you the time of day unless you've got Charisma coming out your ears or at least a dozen levels in one of the "bad boy" classes.

Could be worse, man. Don't get me started talking about how stuck-up Dryads can be.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Two days ago (sunday night) I cried myself to sleep. This sorceress (I will refer to her as S'arahq) I have been obsessed with since 3rd grade threw a levelling up party on saturday, it was a pretty casual house party, so people brought friends along, of course I was not invited (no sorceress would ever invite me to a party), but my friend asked me to come along, and of course I jumped at the opportuinity.

Around an hour into the party, it happened that me and S'arahq were alone in the kitchen while others danced and talked in the banquet hall. I was there to get a drink, and when I came in and saw her by the pantry, a deep shocking, sinking feeling almost paralysed me with fear, as I just stood there staring at her for about 5 seconds (I am absolutely TERRIFIED of females, especially S'arahq, I had no idea she would be in there alone). When she looked at me I quickly glanced away in shame. After about 10 awkward seconds of me staring at the floor and her standing there awkwardly, she finally spoke.

"Uh, hi, you're frank, right?"
"No. Francis of Neverwinter."
"Oh, but it's frank for short, right?"
"No."
"Sorry, I must have you confused with someone else."

I couldn't think of anything to say.

"Want a drink?"
"Yeah. Thanks.

She handed me a beer.

"I'M A LOW CONSTITUTION CHARACTER!!"

I just tried to tell her I was low constitution (and therefore didn't drink), but I was so nervous when she approached me physically that it came out in what sounded like a confontational shout which totally wasn't what I intended.

"Sorry, uh there's an apple juice if you like"
"I don't drink fruit juices, they are carginogens."
"Oh.."

I couldn't stand the fear of being near her any more, so I scurried away and (again in that nervous shout) blurted out "CONGRATS ON LEVELLING UP" and heard her say "thanks" as I walked back into the living room, up the stairs and into the bathroom where I literally collapsed and started shivering on the floor with fear, tears came from my eyes. After about 5 minutes of just lying there I composed myself and went downstairs again. For the rest of the party I pretty much avoided her and talked with some people I knew.

When me and my friend got back home to my house and polymorphed a few mice for about half an hour, he left and I said bye. It was at this point I realised he had left his megascope crystal. As I was about to call him to tell him, it suddenly struck me that he probably had S'arahq's aether address on his crystal. I literally sat there for 45 minutes shivering with both anticipation and fear as I saw the crystal active in my megascope, begging me to communicate with her.

Simple. I'd just contact her, apologise for the awkwardness and ask her if she wanted to get a potion some time. The only problem was this was about the scariest thing imaginable. I felt my body ache with fear as I tried to activate the communication device several times but was too scared. I got a disconnecting feeling as if none of this was actually happening to me, like maybe it was all a dream. When I finally got the courage to activate it, my heart raced as I heard the magical tone.

"Hello?"
"Hey, sorry about earlier, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out for potions some time ?(WHAT THE gently caress was I thinking??)"
"Sorry, who is this?"

I (stupidly) hadn't anticipated she would ask who it was. the question caught me totally off guard. I thought of just saying my name, or giving a fake name, or shouting out "your worst loving nightmare", or avoiding the question, and a host of other ideas over the course of about 5 seconds. I was too stunned to even reply.

Another 5 seconds of silence.

"Are you still there?"
"Yeah...sorry, I.. it's"
"Oh, Francis of Neverwinter right?
I was silent again
"Sorry yeah, I - I'm pretty busy lately but maybe- uh I'll summon you another time if i get time to go out uh (I could regognize that she had no intention of summoning me), what's your aether?"
I gave her my aether address.
"Ok, well bye!"
"Bye."

As I hung up and put the phone down, the realization of what had just happened hit me like a wrecking ball, I collapsed on the sofa and fell asleep with exaustion. About 5 minutes later I get a message on my megascope.

"Hello?"
A male voice.
"Is this francis of Neverwinter?"
"Yeah uh who is this?"
"I'm just calling to give you a friendly warning, stay away from S'arahq, okay? She's my concubine, and she has no interest in you whatsoever, you're a creep."

The realization and jealousy that she had a barbarian boyfriend, coupled with the shock and unexpectedness of this conversation filled me with rage.

"gently caress YOU YOU MOTHER F-ORC FUNK" I stuttered incomprehensibly with rage.
"Man you're hosed up in the head aren't you. I'm WARNING you, stay away."

He hung up.

I literally let out a massive scream of both sadness jealousy anger and fear that gripped my entire body. I went to bed and got about 2 hours of sleep.

The next (sunday) morning, I got up feeling like absolute poo poo. As I always do to when I feel terrible, I force myself to walk outside, go to the marketplace (5 min walk) where there are lots of people, and buy something or run into someone I know. I couldn't find anyone I knew, so I bought a decoction and walked out the front enterance, where I saw something that made my heart skip.

S'arahq and some barbarian (probably her boyfriend?) walking into the mall. I saw her glance with shock at me and quickly look away trying to make it seem as if she hadn't noticed me. I rushed towards her.

"S'arahq!" I shouted

Her boyfriend turned around with shock and saw me.

"ARE YOU FRANCIS OF NEVERWINTER?" he asked angrily.

I stood there staring.

"Get out of here man, we don't want anything to do with you, understand?"

"gently caress YOU, THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY!"

As a rage overcameme me, I rushed forward and threw my decoction as hard as I possibly could at the bastard, totally missing him and tripping over myself in the process. What happened next was the worst feeling I had ever felt.

S'arahq stood there laughing at me. The expression on her beautiful face, half disgust half laughter made me feel terrible like I never imagined I could. I hated her guts at that moment.

"YOU oval office!" I yelled.

Her eyes widened, even the barbarian looked shocked and the three of us stood there staring for maybe 5 seconds.

"YOU MOTHER loving oval office!!" I yelled as I started shooting lightning bolts at her. She made made me feel so terrible it physically hurt in my stomach. I was about to loving attack her. I couldn't believe it. It was like some force was controlling me and like I had no control at all. God loving drat I'm stupid when I'm angry and upset. Before I could reach her, the barbarian grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me to the ground.

"JUST GET OUT OF HERE YOU loving WEIRDO AND BE THANKFUL I DONT loving KILL YOU!!"

I rushed for him with every ounce of anger and strength in my body and groaned as his fist connected with my tummy, winding and incapacitating me. He stared for a second, as if he hadn't expected me to be so easily beaten, before he and S'arahq both ran off in a panic. I knew there was no way I could take him, and that he probably went to go get the watch. These facts, coupled with my crippling social awkwardness and the fact that people all over were staring at me like some kind of freak caused me to run home, totally defeated, clutching my tummy.

That night I considered suicide. My mage lord masters aren't home until next week and I felt an aching loneliness. I never went through with it, but have been left crippled emotionally. I havn't gone to the wizard academy either today or yesterday. My masters will kill me when they get home. I'm a loving failure of a wizard.

Fascinating tale, kinsman

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Dr Cheeto posted:

Maybe you could ask my grandfather. He'll have a hard time answering though, seeing as how a red wizard turned his face into something resembling a deflated balloon.

I don't really give a poo poo about Rashemi politics, all I know is that the red wizards hosed Grandpa Cheeto up for absolutely no reason.

Dude I forgot to tell you, that red wizard I claimed to save from brigands? He fuckin took off before I could extort him but I followed him to this weird rear end cave (cave literally looks like an rear end bro) anyway some goatbears chased me off but I'm pretty sure he is crashing there. Pretttty sure he's the dude who deflated your grandpa's face because one of my boys took an ebolt to the face and his head is deflated now.

Ziptar
Aug 13, 2015

Time_pants posted:

You don't even have to tell me: she's a Half-Elf, right? Half-Elf girls won't give you the time of day unless you've got Charisma coming out your ears or at least a dozen levels in one of the "bad boy" classes.

Be happy for it. I've dated a few even lived with one for a while. Yeah they are hot for sure but they've got a whole set of baggage that comes with them.

I once saw this written on the inside of a privy and later found out it was the truest of truths.

"Remember, No matter how fine that half elf girl is, someone somewhere is sick of her poo poo."

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Ziptar posted:

Be happy for it. I've dated a few even lived with one for a while. Yeah they are hot for sure but they've got a whole set of baggage that comes with them.

I once saw this written on the inside of a privy and later found out it was the truest of truths.

"Remember, No matter how fine that half elf girl is, someone somewhere is sick of her poo poo."

Maybe so, but they sure are nice to look at. For comparison, ever seen a Druid chick? They do not shave anywhere. And when the Blood Moon rolls around, look out!

That's why I'll never settle for anything else than a pure Dryad or Nymph maiden.

or maybe a Halfling

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Halfling chicks know how to party, cook and brew.

Succubus are also fun dates. Just don't meet their parents

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Halfling chicks know how to party, cook and brew.

Succubus are also fun dates. Just don't meet their parents

Succubi porn is fine, but I don't think I'd ever be able to look past the level drain to consider dating one.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
Typical relationship draining the life from you.

Thank Tzeentch I dodge that bullet long ago after I reached lich hood.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

String Beans posted:

Maybe this is the Druid in me talking, but I can't understand why anyone would choose to be a Lich. Sure, the immortality is nice, and I can definitely see the perks of not having a Constitution score to fret about, but don't you miss the sensations of touch, taste, and smell?

Don't get me wrong: there are a lot of times when I've thought to myself, "It sure would be nice not to have to worry about one bad roll to a Save-or-Die putting me in the ground and returning my spirit to Our Blessed Lady of the Eternal Moon, Ehlonna (PBUH)."

But isn't it just as bad to be constantly fretting about where your phylactery is and whether it's still intact? Seems like you're just trading one headache for another.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

String Beans posted:

Doot Doot

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

Time_pants posted:

Maybe this is the Druid in me talking, but I can't understand why anyone would choose to be a Lich. Sure, the immortality is nice, and I can definitely see the perks of not having a Constitution score to fret about, but don't you miss the sensations of touch, taste, and smell?

Don't miss it at all. I am held up in my citadel surrounded by the undead underlings I made over the years and my phylactery is really nice.

Every so often I get 'Adventurers' coming in to stealing my gems and magical objects. I've tried so many things to kill off these mortals (death pits, mimics, shadow fiends etc.) I just want to to stay away from stuff and stop saving my sacrifices.

Captain Dopar
Aug 26, 2015

Our world's that day joined into a friendship that was pure gold. And Earth moved into a new age, when space travel launches us into the "Age of Aquarius". The End.
Do you ever have problems with people associating your brand of Wizard with the better-publicized heads of the Ku Klux Klan?

Ziptar
Aug 13, 2015

String Beans posted:

Every so often I get 'Adventurers' coming in to stealing my gems and magical objects. I've tried so many things to kill off these mortals (death pits, mimics, shadow fiends etc.) I just want to to stay away from stuff and stop saving my sacrifices.

Most parties you see out there have no idea what they are doing or what they are after. They are just punks out to grab anything that is shiny or that looks "old".

Just make a false entrance that seems legit enough dress it up make it look "scary", maybe put an easy trap or two in it to make it convincing. At the end put a couple of chests with trinkets, bobbles, and lower artifacts in them. You know the crap you can pickup just about anywhere.

Let them come in for the crap and grab a bunch and then have one of your shadow fiends make a ruckus, maybe fill the cave with a mist and rattle some chains. They'll take what they can carry and high tail it out of there.

Then you can go about your business.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Blizzy_Cow posted:

How long is one in wizard college? And how are the prices per semester? Looking to start in the fall just want to make sure I get into the best place for the best price.

Unless you study all the time and have absolutely no social life (then you're definitely cut out to be a Wizard! Ha!), Bachelor of Arcane or Bachelor of Sorcery degree typically takes about four years. I will say this: MAKE SURE IT'S AN ACCREDITED WIZARD'S COLLEGE!

Buddy of mine, nice Feytouched Human guy, one day up and decided he had it up to here with herding trees and up and decides he wants to move to the big city and take up a career in Wizardry. Trouble is, he can't find a place that'll take him on account of him having no academic background to speak of and Druidic doesn't qualify for the foreign language requirement according to the Wizard's College Board (bigots).

So there he is, hopping from one town to the next, burning through his savings on tavern food and lodging, growing more desperate by the day, when finally, one day, he rides into town and sees a sign for D'Vry Wizard's University. They don't require transcripts, proof of apprenticeship, or even a scroll of recommendation. And if you pay for the first year's tuition up-front in gold or platinum (they don't take electrum), they'll even waive the foreign language requirement. What a deal, right???

At first, my friend thought that he finally got his lucky break, but about halfway through the first semester, he starts to get this bad feeling. They hadn't so much as scribed a single scroll and they barely cracked a single one of the dozen overpriced spellbooks he had to buy for his classes. Worse, some of the "Wizards" they had teaching the classes could barely cast a single cantrip, and the few competent faculty Wizards they did have seemed to be just there for the extra income to supplement their real jobs or just as a temporary thing to pay for an extra wing on their towers.

Dejected, broke, and humiliated, my buddy quit halfway through the second semester. Of course, they didn't refund any of his tuition, and they paid him coppers on the gold piece for the couple of spellbooks he could even sell back at the campus spellbookstore. He came back to the forest and we let him return to his old position as a treeherd. Sometimes the Treants will ask him about the year he spent in the big city and that fancy Wizard College, and he'll force this pained little smile and be polite, but he always changes the subject quick as he can.

Now, I know that there's always some guy on here who is attending D'Vry Wizard's University right now and he swears up and down that it isn't really like that and anyone who drops out is just "afraid of working hard" and that "lots of D'Vry graduates go on to successful careers in potion brewing, item crafting, and dungeoneering." Yeah, I read the brochure, too. But have you ever met one of these successful D'Vry graduates? Hell, I've heard that D'Vry isn't even really Elvish!

Anyway, if you're really interested in attending Wizard's College, I'd hold off for at least a year and do an internship with a court Wizard of at least take some classes at the Junior Adept College. Sure, it's not glamorous, but a lot of courses that you take for a 2-year Adept's Degree will transfer and you'll save a ton of money in the long run.

In the end, I don't think it's worth it unless you come from a rich family that can afford to send you to an expensive Wizard's College Preparatory school. I did see that you posted earlier that you're interested in taking your first level in a Player Character class. Have you considered a career in Druidry? Sure, the pay is pretty poor (basically whatever you can scavenge from the bodies of Dwarven lumberjacks and the occasional Swamp Hag passing through), but the health benefits are great: Cure Light Wounds at first level and it only gets better from there! Plus, you get plenty of exercise, you get to work outdoors, bringing pets to the workplace is encouraged, and lots of us Wild Shape into nocturnal creatures, so you can pretty much set your own hours! If you're interested, I can set you up with an interview with the head of our Druid circle. PM me for details.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

one of those "rogue lives matter" protesters tried to sneak in again, but get this: his sign was spelled "rouge." lol typical

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

literally lmao if you aren't blessed with the ability to rewrite reality according to your every whim. yeah stay up all night studying your tomes, why don't you write me some scrolls to use while you're at it, buddy? no? well i've got more magic in one finger than you have in your whole body, and guess which finger it is!

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Best Giraffe posted:

i've got more magic in one finger than you have in your whole body, and guess which finger it is!

That's what I said to your mom last night, but fortunately I was willing to share.

Rewrite that :boom:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I have 2 fathers that are wizards. I suppose I rebelled against them in my formative years, and I join the city guard. When people ask me what my family does I usually say we're from the country. Dairy farmers. I grew up in a loving tower, filled with knowledge and laughter. One of my Dads is an amazing tailor, so you can imagine the stylish robes they are always wearing. But I swore that no magic or mana will ever spurt across my lips. That lifestyle is just not for me. Give me some chain mail and a pike and I'm happy.

As I've grown older I've come to accept my two gay wizard Dads though.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Some grievances: one, in my day we didn't need no free ride wizard school. The invisible college wasn't an idea, it was a loving building. You proved yourself by finding the drat thing. Two, we must go past this 'bearocentrictiy.' The idea that all wizards must have beard isn't just sexist, some of us have transcended flesh. Wearing this false beard is silly.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fellbat posted:

Some grievances: one, in my day we didn't need no free ride wizard school. The invisible college wasn't an idea, it was a loving building. You proved yourself by finding the drat thing. Two, we must go past this 'bearocentrictiy.' The idea that all wizards must have beard isn't just sexist, some of us have transcended flesh. Wearing this false beard is silly.

Dude.......

You're still wearing the beard?

:laffo:

How many years have you been out of apprenticeship? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They tell fledglings that, just to screw with them. AND YOU TRANSCENDED AND ARE STILL WEARING IT! :laffo:

:roflolmao:

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Dude.......

You're still wearing the beard?

:laffo:

How many years have you been out of apprenticeship? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They tell fledglings that, just to screw with them. AND YOU TRANSCENDED AND ARE STILL WEARING IT! :laffo:

:roflolmao:

Well I mean only at prestigious events where scared rites...where...you all snicker. IT WASNT A JOLLY GOOD PUN ANGROBASH THE CRUEL TOLD WHEN I WAS GETTING THE BEVRAGES. SEE. SEE. THIS WHY I WILL NOT REST UNTIL ONLY THE IVORY PURITY OF YOUR SKULLS REMAIN.

A THUSAND PLAUGES UPON YOUR WIZARD TOWERS.

Edit:AND YES I MEAN YOUR DICKS AND HOUSES

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 22, 2015

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

as a blue collared skeleton (well, white collared, hehehe, little bone pun there), i would like to say that I think you're all being very judgmental of nercromancers. I was killed forty years ago by a dragon and, for the longest time, I thought I'd be a half mad inchoate mind wandering my family's farm, watching my two idiotic grandchildren grow into bards who still live with their mother while they get their 'inn-playing license' figured out, or some nonsense. for a decade I watched the moochers lie around the farm, while my daughter worked herself to death to keep them both alive and jerking off four-to-seven times per day.

Then, Malvik came into my life, raised me from the dead, and rebound my spirit to my bones. Then, he finally made my grandchildren good for something by magically destroying their higher reasoning centers. Much better bards as revenants than men, their melodic howling and moaning as they carry my Master's cargo up and down the 666 stairs of the Dark Obelisk never fails to make me smile (of course, I can't help but smile these days! Haha!).

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Necromancers are really pretty great guys, and Malvik especially. The other skelies and I are really excited about his upcoming ten thousand year domination of the world, and we all know you will be too. peace :skeltal:

edit; lord malvik if you're reading this the adventurer's bones have been placed in the bonitorium, while the wizard's will be fashioned into a new staff for your Fall wardrobe. Please don't be mad at us for making a computer out of bones it's been a very slow decade

MONKEY TRASH! fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 22, 2015

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Time_pants posted:

Unless you study all the time and have absolutely no social life (then you're definitely cut out to be a Wizard! Ha!), Bachelor of Arcane or Bachelor of Sorcery degree typically takes about four years. I will say this: MAKE SURE IT'S AN ACCREDITED WIZARD'S COLLEGE!

Buddy of mine, nice Feytouched Human guy, one day up and decided he had it up to here with herding trees and up and decides he wants to move to the big city and take up a career in Wizardry. Trouble is, he can't find a place that'll take him on account of him having no academic background to speak of and Druidic doesn't qualify for the foreign language requirement according to the Wizard's College Board (bigots).

So there he is, hopping from one town to the next, burning through his savings on tavern food and lodging, growing more desperate by the day, when finally, one day, he rides into town and sees a sign for D'Vry Wizard's University. They don't require transcripts, proof of apprenticeship, or even a scroll of recommendation. And if you pay for the first year's tuition up-front in gold or platinum (they don't take electrum), they'll even waive the foreign language requirement. What a deal, right???

At first, my friend thought that he finally got his lucky break, but about halfway through the first semester, he starts to get this bad feeling. They hadn't so much as scribed a single scroll and they barely cracked a single one of the dozen overpriced spellbooks he had to buy for his classes. Worse, some of the "Wizards" they had teaching the classes could barely cast a single cantrip, and the few competent faculty Wizards they did have seemed to be just there for the extra income to supplement their real jobs or just as a temporary thing to pay for an extra wing on their towers.

Dejected, broke, and humiliated, my buddy quit halfway through the second semester. Of course, they didn't refund any of his tuition, and they paid him coppers on the gold piece for the couple of spellbooks he could even sell back at the campus spellbookstore. He came back to the forest and we let him return to his old position as a treeherd. Sometimes the Treants will ask him about the year he spent in the big city and that fancy Wizard College, and he'll force this pained little smile and be polite, but he always changes the subject quick as he can.

Now, I know that there's always some guy on here who is attending D'Vry Wizard's University right now and he swears up and down that it isn't really like that and anyone who drops out is just "afraid of working hard" and that "lots of D'Vry graduates go on to successful careers in potion brewing, item crafting, and dungeoneering." Yeah, I read the brochure, too. But have you ever met one of these successful D'Vry graduates? Hell, I've heard that D'Vry isn't even really Elvish!

Anyway, if you're really interested in attending Wizard's College, I'd hold off for at least a year and do an internship with a court Wizard of at least take some classes at the Junior Adept College. Sure, it's not glamorous, but a lot of courses that you take for a 2-year Adept's Degree will transfer and you'll save a ton of money in the long run.

In the end, I don't think it's worth it unless you come from a rich family that can afford to send you to an expensive Wizard's College Preparatory school. I did see that you posted earlier that you're interested in taking your first level in a Player Character class. Have you considered a career in Druidry? Sure, the pay is pretty poor (basically whatever you can scavenge from the bodies of Dwarven lumberjacks and the occasional Swamp Hag passing through), but the health benefits are great: Cure Light Wounds at first level and it only gets better from there! Plus, you get plenty of exercise, you get to work outdoors, bringing pets to the workplace is encouraged, and lots of us Wild Shape into nocturnal creatures, so you can pretty much set your own hours! If you're interested, I can set you up with an interview with the head of our Druid circle. PM me for details.

Thanks Time_Pants. Message sent.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Applewhite posted:

A male witch is called a warlock and there are lots of them. Don't sweat it. If your party loves you they will understand.

Eeew why would you suggest that. I'm not some... third party splat class.

I'm a level 3 Witch and proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Eeew why would you suggest that. I'm not some... third party splat class.

I'm a level 3 Witch and proud.

Hey now. Warlocks are pitifully underpowered and practically useless in every meaningful respect, but they are an official class. Let's not say things we can't take back; being a Warlock is hard enough for those poor "people" as it is.

• Locked thread