Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm not one to usually be so holier-than-though but holy cow this thread is quite the nerd magnet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

sorry if this was already covered.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Ummm LIches AREN'T WIZARDS. They're necromancers who became liches and then furthered their arcana arts through undeath.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Al Borland posted:

Ummm LIches AREN'T WIZARDS. They're necromancers who became liches and then furthered their arcana arts through undeath.

technically that's a wizard Al

It's a wizard who specialized in necromancy... :cripes: ... lol

but still "technically" a wizard

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
if any of you knew how many times your wizard friends have made you do things with charm spells you'd be horrified

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Luvcow posted:

if any of you knew how many times your wizard friends have made you do things with charm spells you'd be horrified

Charm doesn't make you do anything you wouldn't already do.

That's Geas

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

VendaGoat posted:

Charm doesn't make you do anything you wouldn't already do.

That's Geas

are you a wizard?

are you?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Luvcow posted:

are you a wizard?

are you?

Wizard ought to be interchangeable with goon, seems to be the same amount of self loathing and nerds swearing revenge on things.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Luvcow posted:

technically that's a wizard Al

It's a wizard who specialized in necromancy... :cripes: ... lol

but still "technically" a wizard

don't tell a necromancer he's a wizard. You'll end up without your skin.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Al Borland posted:

don't tell a necromancer he's a wizard. You'll end up without your skin.

lol you scared of wizards

I think I finally figured it out, you're a fighter aren't you Al

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

wizards must be hunted to extinction, lest they enslave us normal folk and make us all party slaves. Joe McCarthy told me this in a dream.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

KiteAuraan posted:

wizards must be hunted to extinction, lest they enslave us normal folk and make us all party slaves. Joe McCarthy told me this in a dream.

Your dream or his? This is important.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
if you don't like

then i also made

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

KiteAuraan posted:

Urgh. This is the kind of talk I am trying to clear up. Everyone thinks Joe McCarthy knows everything since he became a ghost. Guess what people, ghosts are just bored people trying to make laughs for themselves by tricking people! Maybe if you did some critical thinking for once you wouldn't be such a bigot. loving dirt farmer.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Runaktla posted:

I'm not one to usually be so holier-than-though but holy cow this thread is quite the nerd magnet.

Looks like we got a Paladin wanna be over here. :rolleyes:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoUFWdyJyDk

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Guys I have a serious problem. Whay class should I go with? I like hitting things with swords but I also like to set things on fire and throw lightening around but I dont wanna be some loser paladin.

You want to look into being a spellsword of some variety. Enchant your sword with all your fire and lightening stuff, then you can hit things with it.

Are Summoners within the Wizard wheel house? I'd lean towards no, but they are aware of how to properly lay sigils and magic circles.

Also, you ever seen a Summoner mess up summoning? It's not pretty, you end up with all sorts of bad poo poo showing up. Gotta be careful on those older editions of the summoners manual too, drat thing is written like it's meant to kill you doing it. Think it was put out there by early mage-slayers truth be told. Suuuuure, it says your gonna get a cute little puppy, you preform the ritual and end up with a goddamn evil baboon that's pretty drat pissed off.

Seriously be careful, with any spellcasting or summoning. It's a lot of rear end in a top hat wizards out there leaving purposely incomplete and incorrect spells and such.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

AbbadonOfHell posted:

You want to look into being a spellsword of some variety. Enchant your sword with all your fire and lightening stuff, then you can hit things with it.

Are Summoners within the Wizard wheel house? I'd lean towards no, but they are aware of how to properly lay sigils and magic circles.

Also, you ever seen a Summoner mess up summoning? It's not pretty, you end up with all sorts of bad poo poo showing up. Gotta be careful on those older editions of the summoners manual too, drat thing is written like it's meant to kill you doing it. Think it was put out there by early mage-slayers truth be told. Suuuuure, it says your gonna get a cute little puppy, you preform the ritual and end up with a goddamn evil baboon that's pretty drat pissed off.

Seriously be careful, with any spellcasting or summoning. It's a lot of rear end in a top hat wizards out there leaving purposely incomplete and incorrect spells and such.

It bothered me that Snape's personal annotated version of Advanced Potion Making made Harry so much better at potion making. Snape's students are struggling with instructions he knows are bad and he doesn't publish his own far superior instructions? Dude's an rear end in a top hat.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

AbbadonOfHell posted:

lol look at this scrub posting from page 1. Can you not read because you're a first-level Barbarian, or are you just lazy? Because if you'd been following the thread, you'd know that I already hooked Blizzy up with a sweet entry-level position in grove tending using my connections in the Druid circle.

Spellsword? Man, that gish poo poo is so played out. Let me let you in on a little secret, Melvin: women don't like a guy who multiclasses. Especially not one who ditches casting levels for attack bonus. Geez, where did you come from? Third Edition?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Time_pants posted:

Hey now. Warlocks are pitifully underpowered and practically useless in every meaningful respect, but they are an official class. Let's not say things we can't take back; being a Warlock is hard enough for those poor "people" as it is.

Are you even using the Pathfinder Society Class Spectrum?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
haha it mustve been a really powerful sorcerer who cast "Charm of Unending Nerd poo poo" on this thread

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Are you even using the Pathfinder Society Class Spectrum?

FT FY,

The society crap is so retarded it makes barbarians into a wizard.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

les fleurs du mall posted:

haha it mustve been a really powerful sorcerer who cast "Charm of Unending Nerd poo poo" on this thread

Yeah, I am a pretty big deal. :)

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Time_pants posted:

Your dream or his? This is important.

my dream to fulfill his dream of completing the witch hunts.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Worlds Smuggest posted:

FT FY,

The society crap is so retarded it makes barbarians into a wizard.

Barbs can be wizards too. Don't be classist.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

It's fruity, to answer the question.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Barbs can be wizards too. Don't be classist.

I'm not classist it was a statement of disparity between the intelligence of the system.

PFS is a garbage system that throws out rules to make everyone sad.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Time_pants posted:

lol look at this scrub posting from page 1. Can you not read because you're a first-level Barbarian, or are you just lazy? Because if you'd been following the thread, you'd know that I already hooked Blizzy up with a sweet entry-level position in grove tending using my connections in the Druid circle.

Spellsword? Man, that gish poo poo is so played out. Let me let you in on a little secret, Melvin: women don't like a guy who multiclasses. Especially not one who ditches casting levels for attack bonus. Geez, where did you come from? Third Edition?

Hells yeah man, thanks for the gig. May not be the most glorious if starts but we all gotta start somewhere. Got a bonus in the form of some dusty rear end old grimoire. Looks like some pretty gnarly stuff in here. Should I try it out or wait till im a little more advanced?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
loving Gandalf wasnt a wizard he was bi

He carried a sword ffs

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
He also toked up on occasions. Got problems with too?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

"wizard" in the context of lord of the rings just means an immortal supernatural being bound by ridiculous government regulations to only use the magic one time to fight a balrog

youd carry a sword too. idiot

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tree Goat posted:

if you don't like

then i also made

Pretty magical, imo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is "Grimoire" pronounce "Grimmory" or "Grimwar"? I've been saying the latter but I've heard the former spoken aloud many times.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Goatfather posted:

"wizard" in the context of lord of the rings just means an immortal supernatural being bound by ridiculous government regulations to only use the magic one time to fight a balrog

youd carry a sword too. idiot

Trap sprung spelllord

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Applewhite posted:

Is "Grimoire" pronounce "Grimmory" or "Grimwar"? I've been saying the latter but I've heard the former spoken aloud many times.

"Grimwär"

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
Have you fellas of these "space wizards". The fight with swords of light and some are rather benign and just use magic to push stuff and lame rear end mental manipulation but these other ones, I guess they're evil, smash poo poo and throw lightening around.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Guys I have a problem.

Wife and I are both fighters and we just had our first kid. He was born with a full white beard. Is he a wizard or just a really good fighter? I've never raised a wizard and I'm scared my wife cheated on me.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Cowman posted:

Guys I have a problem.

Wife and I are both fighters and we just had our first kid. He was born with a full white beard. Is he a wizard or just a really good fighter? I've never raised a wizard and I'm scared my wife cheated on me.

Your wife is banging someone else dude. Born wizards are the seventh son of a seventh son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Cowman posted:

Guys I have a problem.

Do you or her have any wizards as parents? In some cases it skips a generation.

• Locked thread