Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Darth123123 posted:

I saw those, I have a chip card but still swipe on the side :smug:

Depends on the store's credit card machine, not your card. Target's machines yell at you if you swipe a chip card. Other places don't care.

It'll be all "jam your card in the slot and wait 20 minutes" soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The skeleton on a skateboard tries hard

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Amazon probably thinks I'm a pretty hosed up person.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Raider posted:

using value cards is extremely trash and poorish

Opposite is 100% true.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Champenema posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktf7fGvufoU

edit\\ "He who trades his privacy for a BOGO gains neither." -Mr. Whipple

Dat video

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Target's cash registers or something kind of device use the same Super Mario World coin sound that I do for my phone notifications and it throws me off.

Does Nintendo know about this or what.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hello Ms. CAUCUS this is Kroger, we understand that you bought some Tillamook Chocolate Landslide ice cream a couple of months ago and we would just like to let you know you have very good taste. :cool:

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 23, 2015

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Everyime I go to Kroger I just say no and they give me one and I toss it before I leave. It never occurred to me to just toss the form and keep the card it would be much less wasteful.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Tender Bender posted:

Target's cash registers or something kind of device use the same Super Mario World coin sound that I do for my phone notifications and it throws me off.

Does Nintendo know about this or what.

I was at a gas station that used the exact "ring" sound from Sonic the Hedgehog.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Three-Phase posted:

I was at a gas station that used the exact "ring" sound from Sonic the Hedgehog.

should play the drowning music if your card gets declined and you're looking for another one

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Chaaaaaarge it on my caaaaard....

These debts I will not paaaay!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I don't really care if they know what groceries I'm buying, who gives a poo poo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I'm 19 and I am beginning to identify reasons people do poo poo

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

paco650 posted:

Should be more creeped out that people I emailed once or whose phone numbers I recently put in my phone end up on my facebook "suggested friends" list, but nah the true terror is CVS and some shadowy advertising firm knowing, without a doubt, I bought $6 worth of Otter Pops this summer.
At one point you gave facebook permission to look in your email and phone contact records. You should go shut that poo poo off.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

heh that'll show em!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

My GF works in marketing for a regional grocery chain and while they don't have membership cards, they do keep still camera shots of every transaction that happens so they know exactly which demographic is buying what.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

There needs to be a Snowden style leak of the info so that the public can finally learn that Big Food is making us fat on purpose and that its not our fault

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

There needs to be a Snowden style leak of the info so that the public can finally learn that Big Food is making us fat on purpose and that its not our fault

"Little Debbie"

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Secks Cauldron posted:

At one point you gave facebook permission to look in your email and phone contact records. You should go shut that poo poo off.

O poo poo. Yeah, I think that's for the best. Maybe then it'll stop reminding me it's some jackoff's birthday tomorrow like, every other day. Good post.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Reminder that OfficeMax mailed this to a guy last year:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
was his daughter killed in car crash?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Tender Bender posted:

Reminder that OfficeMax mailed this to a guy last year:

hosed up if false

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
i go into target to ride their scooters around and use gripper things to pull minecraft chapter books off the shelf. i never buy anything though so tehre's no trace. they don't even know i was there.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Darth123123 posted:

I only give my thumb print to Apple because they good people

hahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Melmac posted:

Lol if you don't think in like ten years that if you are involved in a car accident your daily six pack purchase habits are going to be presented to the courts

Just lol

I don't consume alcohol, though

I am in favour of drunk drivers getting caught and making our streets safer

• Locked thread