Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yui's va is 'graduating' from being a weather announcer apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

Congratulations!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Davincie posted:

graduating to what

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

graduating to what

My live-in GF.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zas posted:

yuki in the shadows clutching a star :(

Snowflake, actually. Because her name is Yuki, you see.

Also, loving animating the camera's viewfinder is basically the endzone dance of animation.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Snowflake, actually. Because her name is Yuki, you see.

Also, loving animating the camera's viewfinder is basically the endzone dance of animation.

oh yeah duh! I was thinking star because of christmas + wishes + vega or altair or whatever but of course it's a snow

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 23, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

To be fair, it looks like a star in that shot - It's just that I keep rewatching the climax of that movie and the shot right before that one makes it obvious that's a snowflake.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

quote's not edit but it is a good excuse for an old gif

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 23, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zas posted:

quote's not edit but it is a good excuse for an old gif

same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another classic Nichijou gif:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's not nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They said it, not me!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyhow, thinking I might pick up Hyouka. What should I expect from that show, Goons?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

mysteries and purple eyes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anyhow, thinking I might pick up Hyouka. What should I expect from that show, Goons?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Spiritus Nox posted:

The Classics Club solves a lot of mysteries that end up being more interesting than they perhaps should be, because KyoAni is good at directing and pacing. The characters are cool and funny, and they grow as people over the course of the series.

The artwork . . . is amazing. Worth watching for the visuals alone.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

a very good show

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

mysteries and purple eyes

Mentat Radnor posted:

The Classics Club solves a lot of mysteries that end up being more interesting than they perhaps should be, because KyoAni is good at directing and pacing. The characters are cool and funny, and they grow as people over the course of the series.

The artwork . . . is amazing. Worth watching for the visuals alone.

Cake Attack posted:

a very good show

All bitchin'. I'll give it a look.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Complete disregard for personal space.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hyouka is the prettiest thing KyoAni have ever done, and has really great characters and interesting stories.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

Hyouka is the prettiest thing KyoAni have ever done, and has really great characters and interesting stories.

It's pretty amazing yeah. Euphonium comes drat close, but doesn't play around with crazy imagery as much as Hyouka does.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Euphonium also had some strangely awful backgrounds in some episodes.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I guess I need to make more Hyouka gifs until everyone just throws up their hands and says, "Fine, it's pretty, I'll watch it!"

Which is what you should do if you haven't.

(She left her mushrooms outside to dry)

Editing in another, timg-ing these due to file size.

Last one for tonight.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 23, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kyoani's student films are the greatest. I'm watching the one in Hyouka right now and the hammy acting and shaky cinematography are killin me. It's so rad.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kyaaaaa
:aaa:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Absurdly good animation, very cute character moments and really good character development, interesting "mysteries," good pacing, a final episode that will leave you screaming at your monitor and wanting to put your fist through it (because it's really good and really frustrating).

Watch Hyouka.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saving all titles to .MKV files

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://steamcommunity.com/id/intraining500 feel free to add me on steam and uh, discuss anime. :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or feel free to PM me as well.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

In Training posted:

Another classic Nichijou gif:

Wait a second. I already saw Nichijou. That's not Nichijou. Nichijou's the really good silly comedy slice of life high school anime from 3 or 4 years ago... isn't it?

OH poo poo THERE'S A SECOND NICHIJOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

yo....

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/intraining500 feel free to add me on steam and uh, discuss anime. :D

kyoan crew is shaping up to be a monster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may or may not have a nice link for the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Special Features

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Zas posted:

the real k-on question is why azusa is losing the chat poll. shameful.

Gentlemen of taste avoid the chat threads.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

In Training posted:

Dick spacious is an ardent tamako market defender, if you like simple romance stories

I will ardently defend both Tamako Market and Amagi Brilliant Park, as well. Are they Haruhi/Nichijou? No, but nothing is (I've yet to see Hyouka, but I'm definitely planning to based on the response from the other thread). They had compelling stories with amazing characters (Kanna in Tamako, any of the various Feebles in Amagi). Someone pointed out that Tamako came out the very next season after Hyouka, which caused for some unfortunate comparisons, but I'll have to consider that after actually watching it.

I really wanted to like Euphonium. I mean, for crying out loud, I actively play trombone (uses the same mouthpiece as the euphonium). But absolutely nothing happened except some overly-inflated posturing by Reina about her trumpet playing for all of the 5 hours of my life I put into watching it.

My favorite Nichijou short, while we're doing the gif thing:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

OK what is this so I can remedy the problem of it not being on my hard drive.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

beyond the boundary

kyoukai no kanata if they're using the japanese name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Done.

• Locked thread