Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
Problem description: I use multiple devices to listen to audio while editing things on my Macbook Pro. When I plug anything into the audio jack (Headphones/line to my stereo receiver) I notice that my computer automatically sets itself to lean the audio more to the left. It does this every time a new device is plugged in.

Attempted fixes: It is easy enough to go into my settings and set the audio back in the middle, but it becomes annoying when I have to plug different headphones and my receiver into the computer during the same session and find myself constantly fixing this before I can do anything. It slows me up a little bit when I'm editing video or mastering a song. I was wondering if anyone had any potential fixes for me to try. If not, it's really not too much hassle and something I can learn to live with :shrug:

Recent changes: I can't think of any changes I have made to my system before this started happening.

--

Operating system: OS X 10.9.5

System specs: Macbook Pro 13 inch - Mid 2012
Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Model No. MacBookPro9,2

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW