Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

messier tried to warn the cauncks. tried to save them from themselves

No he's still a douche. Actually now that I think about it it's entirely possible he's assumed Linden's form just so he could become a GM. We all know he was cut up about not getting the Rangers job. Perhaps he's turned his attention to the only other thing that brings him joy: watching the Canucks burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yes go hockey! Boring, irrelevant hockey! Make me pretend there's reason to have hope Jake and Jarred!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Very happy we kept Miller and not a goaltender who might actually do something to win games for us this year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I feel so bad for the Twins. They've done nothing to deserve this piece of soggy pizza box we call a hockey team.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

HookShot posted:

It's kind of like The Blacklist, where the twins are James Spader and everyone else is everyone else.

Nah, I think people sometimes enjoy watching that show.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

I mean it's fun to laugh and everything but you should probably relax

No you

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

I mean he's not ready for the NHL but he looks good

Yeah he looks fine, I haven't really noticed him TBH. That's really all you can ask from a young kid in his first pre-season game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Didn't even realize there was a game today, how're the nucks doing?

Ditto, Bo Horvat is basically the Canucks' best forward now.

Also Ben Hutton is making this team, how is this guy so good?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

loving Linden Vey on the god drat PP

They are so desperate for him to be an NHL player so they can justify sending McCann back and don't have to waive Willie's golden boy/Trevor's namesake.

e: The moment they said Virtanen is out of the box the Canucks have a two on one I said "he won't pass" and he didn't. Virtanen sure sucks.

e2: haha he just scored with his teeth

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Baertschi has had the quietest 3 point night in the history of the sport.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

chriiiist what is this lazy poo poo

The pre-season between two very bad teams.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

remember when i was freaking out like every day that this guy wasnt signed yet? do you see why now?

He signed months before his eligibility expired, but yeah I think most people recognized that he was good prospect. I'm not sure anyone could have predicted he'd be one of our best players during his first training camp though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Horvat is the best god drat player in the league.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cam Talbot plays way too deep in his net, I realize it's super early but man he's looking like a product of AV's system.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Baerschi's 4th point too :stare:

He and McDavid are in competition for the quietest multi point nights imaginable.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Holy god that would've been amazing Horvat. This Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen line is kickass.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

is baertschi still a rookie? the canucks could legitimately ice a roster with six or seven rookies (virtanen, baertschi, gaunce, mccann, hutton, corrado, markstrom) if benning is willing to waive/trade underperforming veterans. possibly grenier too. and maybe kenins if he's still considered a rookie?

I don't believe that any of Baertschi, Kenins, Corrado or Markstrom qualify as rookies. Still, the kids have seriously outplayed the vets in this pre-season. Benning is going to have to make a bunch of tough calls. McCann and Hutton have played their way onto the team and Virtanen is showing tonight that he doesn't want to get sent back either.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

you know hes just gonna trade hansen and higgins for 5th round picks and cap dumps, right

i dont want him doing anything that opens room for kids. let the next GM do that

For reals.

Realistically I think we'll see:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Kenins-Sutter-Hansen
Gaunce-McCann-Dorsett
Prust/Virtanen

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Hutton
Bartowski

Corrado/Vey get put on waivers, Corrado gets claimed and Vey clears. Neither Virtanen or McCann stick around once Higgins gets back.

e: Now that I think about it they'll probably send Gaunce down and dress Prust. He hasn't done anything in a few games.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 2, 2015

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

gently caress off Sutter

The only player who will be on the books longer is the retained cap space we have on Roberto Luongo!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

i feel like one of mccann or virtanen will stick around over kenins

I think Kenins will be the first guy out of the lineup in that situation. They aren't going to keep one of the kids around to sit in the pressbox half the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Verviticus posted:

i cant help this sinking feeling that the kids are going to buoy the canucks away from a good pick this year and keep benning's loving career going two years longer than it deserves

I don't think this team is as awful as people are thinking, a lot of that perception has to do with the vocal negativity of our fan base. Still, of all the situations the youngsters playing well enough to push us into playoff contention isn't the worst. As much as this team could use a Matthews or Chychrun, it's better than a veteran filled bubble team wandering around doing nothing again.

• Locked thread