Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Too bad we live in a society that encourages and rewards this kind of behavior.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

full communism now

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Too bad we live in a society that encourages and rewards this kind of behavior.

Don't hate the page 2 snypa.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rasmussen posted:

Some dude with late stage aids is totally gonna suicide himself giving this troll a load of his blood straight to the face.

god willing

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
He is going to become the poster boy for greedy drug companies in the democratic campaign also I look foreword to his eventual meltdown when he gets called to testify in a congressional investigation

plain blue jacket fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 22, 2015

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

plain blue jacket posted:

He is going to become the poster boy for greedy drug companies in the democratic campaign also I look foreword to his eventual meltdown when he gets called to a testify in a congressional investigation

Yeah. It's good. This guy is a hero. He's like, doing it ironically, or whatever.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

imo they should make an anti aids pill instead

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
atlas bugged

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the stupid amount of money this idiot moron has will shield him from any consequences the same as it always does

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
This sounds like a good time not to get the aids.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You know what would be cool? If a government was like "No that's poo poo and we aren't going to let people die" and just let companies make their own versions.

That would be cool.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
If you don't like it then go buy your own congressman. Bootstraps, bitches!

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
if i use this drug to treat my toxo-aids will i still love my kitty when i''m cured?

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

You know what would be cool? If a government was like "No that's poo poo and we aren't going to let people die" and just let companies make their own versions.

That would be cool.

the drug in question is like 60 yrs old so anyone can make it and sell it for however much they want hth

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

kindermord posted:

the drug in question is like 60 yrs old so anyone can make it and sell it for however much they want hth

So freemarket.txt says someone will make it for only $50 a pill, right?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

But really, someone should lay the smack on barely functional brain dead "Captains of Industry" who have gone full throttle idiot and don't understand that if people can't afford to buy your product then you won't make any money.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

So freemarket.txt says someone will make it for only $50 a pill, right?

idk how the pricing would work but eventually you might be able to get it for $4 a month at walmart but gently caress that if it means i won't love snowball anymore when i'm cured

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Then again, hospital rooms are like 10,000 dollars and you don't even get a pity handjob

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

kindermord posted:

if i use this drug to treat my toxo-aids will i still love my kitty when i''m cured?

Maybe not. Isn't toxoplasmosis Cat Scratch Fever?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cubone posted:

what's this new trend in gbs threads excluding all pertinent information and just vaguely alluding to a current event

I thought you were talking about PrEP and was like "that's incredibly lovely how am I going to suck massive amounts of cum out of strange dick now". hosed up that you made me have to think that thought

Martin Shkreli is the CEO of a small pharmaceutical company called Turing, they bought the rights to a prescription drug called Daraprim, and hiked the price 5000%. Daraprim is used to treat patients with HIV, malaria, and toxoplasmosis, so people will go into massive debt trying to not die due to an evil pharmaceutical corporation but what else is new

Goons would rather talk about Reddit and dota

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

peanut posted:

Maybe not. Isn't toxoplasmosis Cat Scratch Fever?

ur name is peanut :unsmith:

:peanut: :peanut: :peanut:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:peanut: I loving KILL PEOPLE! :peanut:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

my era has arrived :peanut:

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Giving this person the AIDS would be the sweetest schadenfruit, like mangosteen referral money

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

how long lord how long until these rich fucks get strung up already

when you stop lusting after the latest iphone

when you realize, truly realize, that you will never be as rich as them, no matter how hard you try. that the fairytale of rags to riches was constructed by them purely to keep you exactly where you are

when you finally scrape your eyes up off of netflix and hbo go and actually focus on how hard they have been screwing you and how much harder they're going to screw you

when their utter poo poo-fuckery finally damages someone you truly love

maybe then it'll be you who gets out the loving door and actually does something, as opposed to sitting here and daydreaming about it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

but did he gently caress a pig's head?.??

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Professor Shark posted:

But really, someone should lay the smack on barely functional brain dead "Captains of Industry" who have gone full throttle idiot and don't understand that if people can't afford to buy your product then you won't make any money.

he's counting on insurance companies to cover it, and in order to cover it, they're gonna have* to jack up their premiums, and they will, because while I'm not entirely sure, i'm willing to bet going off the pill sucks so loving bad that people are going to pay these new prices

insurance companies, hospitals, doctors and this loving prick have been loving each other like dogs for years, however this is the rare example of all four of them humping out in the streets where we can all see them, with the added modifier of the owner of the pill wearing sunglasses and flipping off passing cars

*edit: ahahaha i'm sorry i shouldn't lie like that - they don't HAVE to jack up their premiums, but the CEO wants to buy TWO yachts this year and he'll be hosed sideways if he's going to settle on just the one

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Sep 22, 2015

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Ork of Fiction posted:

Yeah. It's good. This guy is a hero. He's like, doing it ironically, or whatever.

he called one guy on twitter "cup o farts," which, while funny, pretty much tells you how he feels about the whole thing

i'd post the picture of himself posing in front of a flo rida video he put on twitter, but just thinking about it makes me too loving angry

i am %100 care-mad about this gently caress

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Epic IRL trolling by this guy. I hope he does the same thing but w insulin

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This guy could teach Trump a thing or two.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cram me sideways posted:

when you stop lusting after the latest iphone

when you realize, truly realize, that you will never be as rich as them, no matter how hard you try. that the fairytale of rags to riches was constructed by them purely to keep you exactly where you are

when you finally scrape your eyes up off of netflix and hbo go and actually focus on how hard they have been screwing you and how much harder they're going to screw you

when their utter poo poo-fuckery finally damages someone you truly love

maybe then it'll be you who gets out the loving door and actually does something, as opposed to sitting here and daydreaming about it

no u

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

kindermord posted:

Yeah, I make Lamotrigine in my garage for some extra cash

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought at first maybe this was a guy showing how this kind of awful thing is made possible and that there needs to be laws governing it, because its easy for any corporation to do exactly this.

The fact he's a DOTA playing Redditor means I retract my original belief.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Professor Shark posted:

I kinda think his plan was actually to just acquire it, drive up the price to make stockholders think he's cornered the market on a valuable commodity and then blackmail other companies who want to do the right thing by selling the drug to them at way more than what his company paid to acquire it.

I don't think his plan involved people actually paying that much for the drug. Because if he did... then yeah that's retarded.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Nerds posted:

Allow me to explain the OP
A douchebag just bought the rights to a pill thaf contains toxoplasmosis, and is used to treat AIDS. He immediately jacked the price up from $13.75 to $750 per pill. When questioned, he has explained that he pretty much loves money

Well, if you caught AIDS by have disgusting homo sex then you deserve to be ripped off for being a mentally ill human being.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

quote:

In India, multiple combinations of this tablet are available for a price ranging from U.S. $0.05–$0.10 each (3–7 rupees).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Well, if you caught AIDS by have disgusting homo sex then you deserve to be ripped off for being a mentally ill human being.

i'm going to poo poo into your eyeballs and give you pinkeye and charge you $5000 for a conjunctivitis pill and you'll buy it because you're a gullible dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

quote:

While the patent has long expired, no company is currently manufacturing generic pyrimethamine.

ie the pill is only "exclusive" bc nobody is making a generic version, he just bought the brand-name it seems

• Locked thread