Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, it's too hard. Why fight?

Just relax and let the comfort of modern living wash over you.
Thaaat's good. Shushushushushu. Noooo problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Take Calmuswellnazipan

Calmuswellnazipan does not mend bones or skin, but it does mend the fences that border the pasture of your mind.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Astro7x posted:

This AIDS pill guy is a huge rear end in a top hat that deserves to rot in hell, but every loving doctor and hospital in this country does the exact same poo poo but doesn't get called out on their bullshit because they are not idiots to raise the price of stuff by 5000%

Actually, this guy is not an idiot at all. The hosed up part is when guys like this do come along and do something comically evil, then people fall for it when their politicians stand up and demand reform and change and the comically evil guy back pedals, so the politicians and the people feel like they accomplished something.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Write your senator about reducing the murder deficit. As things are now, murder is concentrated in limited hands and not getting to the people who really need it.

Sparing a life in one town doesn't end the life of someone in another- the whole system needs to be shut down and restructured before we can even begin to properly address the murder deficit.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Rich Libertarian: Someone who is "Libertarian" since it's convenient, will switch to "Feudalist" as soon as publicly acceptable or "Liberal" as soon as it's in their best interest

Every Other Libertarian: Some poor guy who thinks worshiping money and believing hard enough will make him rich and will never change his political stance.

Are there actually female Libertarians?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

SumYungGui posted:

It really does confuse me how we can have so many people that are straight up dying to long term stuff like untreated cancers or infections due to a for-profit health care industry and yet not a single one of them grabs a knife and goes Saw 1 through 4 on an insurance company executive or twenty.

That's actually the plot of Saw 6.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Professor Shark posted:

Click here, if you're feeling in a sunny mood and just love everyone right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nASPjBVQkQk

On topic, companies that have been quietly abusing orphan drug laws and FDA approval to snag drugs that have been used to treat a rare illness for decades, then jack up the prices, absolutely deserve a guy like Shkreli to gut the golden goose whilst bloviating on about being a misunderstood genius altruist. This grotesque poo poo has been going for years, it's just taken a while for someone so cartoonishly hatable to be publicly associated with it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
So has aids pill guy been publicly flayed yet?

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

cram me sideways posted:

when you stop lusting after the latest iphone

when you realize, truly realize, that you will never be as rich as them, no matter how hard you try. that the fairytale of rags to riches was constructed by them purely to keep you exactly where you are

when you finally scrape your eyes up off of netflix and hbo go and actually focus on how hard they have been screwing you and how much harder they're going to screw you

when their utter poo poo-fuckery finally damages someone you truly love

maybe then it'll be you who gets out the loving door and actually does something, as opposed to sitting here and daydreaming about it

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'd also like to add that nonviolent protest is useless most of the time.

However, Martin Shkreli is a very real example that the "rags to riches" fairytale does sometimes come true. He grew up in Brooklyn in the 80s and 90s (which was really rough back then) and is the son of two Albanian immigrants. It's not like he came from money, or undeservedly benefited from family connections.

(As an aside, I admire this guy and am rather jealous of him. I oftentimes wish I had gotten into finance, rather than law.)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'd also like to add that nonviolent protest is useless most of the time.

However, Martin Shkreli is a very real example that the "rags to riches" fairytale does sometimes come true. He grew up in Brooklyn in the 80s and 90s (which was really rough back then) and is the son of two Albanian immigrants. It's not like he came from money, or undeservedly benefited from family connections.

(As an aside, I admire this guy and am rather jealous of him. I oftentimes wish I had gotten into finance, rather than law.)

I was just thinking "wow this post is really stupid, anyone who could admire this guy is damaged goods," and lo and behold it's my favorite weirdo gbs poster kleen talking about himself again

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

radiatinglines posted:

I was just thinking "wow this post is really stupid, anyone who could admire this guy is damaged goods," and lo and behold it's my favorite weirdo gbs poster kleen talking about himself again

loads of people watched 'Wall Street' and 'Wolf of Wall Street' and were inspired to become finance shitheads. a one track money-grubbing mindset doesn't exactly fit well with 'ethics' and 'not being a sociopath'.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
poo poo like what Shkreli is doing and what Jordan Belfort did is basically legal theft. They are stealing and blackmailing and extorting money from people, and doing it knowingly, and only getting away with it because it's totally legal to do until the laws change to prevent it. They're today's high profile bank robbers, and they're just as scummy now and horrible people still idolize them and want to be them.

Although Belfort's scheme was kind of morally grey. Jacking up the price on a life-saving drug is a bit more transparently evil.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

i wish you had gotten into a fiberglass batch you junkie trash

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

mdm posted:

Kill all the cats, toxoplasmosis problem gone

kill all the people, toxoplasmosis problem gone

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

We will murder him AFTER you're done sucking him off. Happy?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

porkchop_express posted:

kill all the people, toxoplasmosis problem gone

now ur thinkin big my friend

Professor Shark posted:

Rich Libertarian: Someone who is "Libertarian" since it's convenient, will switch to "Feudalist" as soon as publicly acceptable or "Liberal" as soon as it's in their best interest

Every Other Libertarian: Some poor guy who thinks worshiping money and believing hard enough will make him rich and will never change his political stance.

How quickly you forget noted high-quality woman Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey :911:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

mdm posted:

How quickly you forget noted high-quality woman Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey :911:

I remember reading a thread about her but that's it. Also, isn't she the inspiration for the sluts thread tag.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I remember reading a thread about her but that's it. Also, isn't she the inspiration for the sluts thread tag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Reed

She got 3%, pretty good for a libertarian

it had that thread tag but I don't know if it was the inspiration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

So, did someone beat the poo poo out of this guy yet?

• Locked thread