Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Professor Shark posted:

But really, someone should lay the smack on barely functional brain dead "Captains of Industry" who have gone full throttle idiot and don't understand that if people can't afford to buy your product then you won't make any money.

I kinda think his plan was actually to just acquire it, drive up the price to make stockholders think he's cornered the market on a valuable commodity and then blackmail other companies who want to do the right thing by selling the drug to them at way more than what his company paid to acquire it.

I don't think his plan involved people actually paying that much for the drug. Because if he did... then yeah that's retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Well, if you caught AIDS by have disgusting homo sex then you deserve to be ripped off for being a mentally ill human being.

i'm going to poo poo into your eyeballs and give you pinkeye and charge you $5000 for a conjunctivitis pill and you'll buy it because you're a gullible dipshit

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I hope this guy starts getting rotting cat turds shipped directly to his business office.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Agag posted:

Kill the AIDS pill guy. Murder him.

this but unironically

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

poo poo like what Shkreli is doing and what Jordan Belfort did is basically legal theft. They are stealing and blackmailing and extorting money from people, and doing it knowingly, and only getting away with it because it's totally legal to do until the laws change to prevent it. They're today's high profile bank robbers, and they're just as scummy now and horrible people still idolize them and want to be them.

Although Belfort's scheme was kind of morally grey. Jacking up the price on a life-saving drug is a bit more transparently evil.

• Locked thread