Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Nerds posted:

Allow me to explain the OP
A douchebag just bought the rights to a pill thaf contains toxoplasmosis, and is used to treat AIDS. He immediately jacked the price up from $13.75 to $750 per pill. When questioned, he has explained that he pretty much loves money

I have toxoplasmosis, am I safe from aids and malaria?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cubone posted:

what's this new trend in gbs threads excluding all pertinent information and just vaguely alluding to a current event

I thought you were talking about PrEP and was like "that's incredibly lovely how am I going to suck massive amounts of cum out of strange dick now". hosed up that you made me have to think that thought

Martin Shkreli is the CEO of a small pharmaceutical company called Turing, they bought the rights to a prescription drug called Daraprim, and hiked the price 5000%. Daraprim is used to treat patients with HIV, malaria, and toxoplasmosis, so people will go into massive debt trying to not die due to an evil pharmaceutical corporation but what else is new

Thank you

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I use to buy my medicine from Canada where it was $1200 cheaper a month. I think the rule is it has to be for just you and it can only be 90 days supply at the most and you have to have a valid prescription. There were no generics in America at the time, But they had them in Canada.
So basically I hope these folks can buy their pills from a non broken country.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My doctor would actually fax it straight to them for me. No script pharmacies is a whole different thing. I have no experience with that.

• Locked thread