Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This is maybe my favorite fps to come out this year based on the beta but if the servers don't get fixed its going to do a harder then any game in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

This game is so much drat fun. Id had no intention of playing anything but t hunt but a few games online and it had its hooks in me. Shame about the awful lag compensation, it results in way too many "I died way after I walked around an impenetrable corner" situations.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Great Beer posted:

This game is so much drat fun. Id had no intention of playing anything but t hunt but a few games online and it had its hooks in me. Shame about the awful lag compensation, it results in way too many "I died way after I walked around an impenetrable corner" situations.

soooooo much loving fun

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Idris Elba ad has been running all American Thanksgiving weekend, it's really a great ad

Cardboard Box A posted:

Pulse's heartbeat sensor does not work that well! :mad:

And Sledge can't make a hole anywhere in the floor he wants! :argh:

Dvsilverwing posted:

In the house map you basically can considering it's mostly wood floors, you just have the supports inside to shoot through which can be a pain.
I mean that you can't make a hole you can jump through anywhere in the floor, as depicted in the ad and original trailer. Only trapdoors now. Which makes things considerably less unpredictable..

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Great Beer posted:

Is it true the earlier beta's had better hit detection?

I really like the dynamics of the game but unless improve the so-called tick rate there's no way it's worth $60 odd bucks.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Yeah the previous beta had good hit detection. Not amazing, but you generally hit what you hit instead of getting no-damage bloodsplatter.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

On another note, it's nice to finally see another game besides Red Faction or Battlefield to implement some degree of environmental destruction.

Granted, it's a little finky and static but cool and adds to the game.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Dead Like Rev posted:

Go buy an nvidia code or get it off greenman for like $30

is the greenman key for steam? I don't think so but i'm hoping it is...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i heard this game is peer to peer

thats probably why the hit detection is such balls

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

afkmacro posted:

is the greenman key for steam? I don't think so but i'm hoping it is...

Its all through uplay one way or another

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Dead Like Rev posted:

Its all through uplay one way or another

eeeeeewwwwwwwwww

That's a nail in the coffin

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Eonwe posted:

i heard this game is peer to peer

thats probably why the hit detection is such balls

Actually all PVP is on dedicated servers

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Tab8715 posted:

On another note, it's nice to finally see another game besides Red Faction or Battlefield to implement some degree of environmental destruction.

Granted, it's a little finky and static but cool and adds to the game.

I like that it's actually carefully designed and not environmental destruction for the sake of it. It works much better for the 5v5, SD-style game mode. People often talk about how the gameplay reveal showed a much better game, but it had single bullets making giant holes on walls and breaching charges being able to make a hole anywhere on the ceiling, which sounds cool in theory but in practice would make for a pretty frustrating game. Imagine not being able to go anywhere without knowing if someone is gonna shoot you through any wall at a moment's notice, or being a defender and having virtually no cover because the enemy team emptied a magazine each into the objective room.

As it is there is still so many loving ways to approach an objective and defending is about minimizing those ways so you can remove some of the unpredictability. The operator mechanics do a great job of balancing these aspects.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 30, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Raged posted:

eeeeeewwwwwwwwww

That's a nail in the coffin

you can still launch with the steam overlay and use steam if you use a steam key, but it fires up uplay to launch the game. Uplay is fairly uninstrusive, especially if you compare it to poo poo like Origin. Honestly, dont know what your problem with it would be.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The single nicest thing about uplay is that it actually closes when you click close instead of just minimizing like origin.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Liberatore posted:

Imagine not being able to go anywhere without knowing if someone is gonna shoot you through any wall at a moment's notice, or being a defender and having virtually no cover because the enemy team emptied a magazine each into the objective room.

That reminds me though, that situation happens sometimes and it's amazing. Played a team that wasn't smart enough to kill the camera in the top floor of Hereford, and as they entered the hallway my friend would mark them, tell me when they stopped moving and I'd just light that spot up through the center room's walls. Without taking out that camera they never had a chance.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

If they ever include a office building / tower type map, this game will help me live out my Die Hard fantasies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Dead Like Rev posted:

If they ever include a office building / tower type map, this game will help me live out my Die Hard fantasies.

That would be badass. And a boat. We need a boat.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dead Like Rev posted:

Spam Yipikayee motherfucker after every good match?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dead Like Rev posted:

Just makes me think of these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXd6Npj4ZY

E: Though you should go look up their Batman and Starship Troopers things, they're art.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 30, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

New Thead title Rainbow Six: Siege - Yippee Ki Yay Mother Fucker

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
Probably the millionth time this has been asked, but where are people getting cheapo keys for this one? G2A's russian keys are the cheapest I could find with a cursory search but they're always wishy-washy about whether those are actually region/language locked.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Moartoast posted:

Probably the millionth time this has been asked, but where are people getting cheapo keys for this one? G2A's russian keys are the cheapest I could find with a cursory search but they're always wishy-washy about whether those are actually region/language locked.

There's a ton of keys getting given away through various hardware promotions. I'd check eBay and SA Mart. That or Green Man Gaming has it for $40. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
:siren::siren: New thread is up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753775 :siren::siren:

• Locked thread