Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
On the other side of that, being a shield dude and rubbing your face against those firing ports never gets unfunny, then don't know what to do, then eat hot pistol death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Opinions on Fuze's cluster charge breaching thing?

You'll either whiff twice or kill half the team reliably, always have a Fuze, always have a Thermite.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It really does seem like the operatives are wither completely necessary or near useless. There needs to be a themite on every team but the lady with the shock drone (and bright pink running shoes, wtf) is worse than a recruit

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It really does seem like the operatives are wither completely necessary or near useless. There needs to be a themite on every team but the lady with the shock drone (and bright pink running shoes, wtf) is worse than a recruit

Her saving grace is the DMR rifle rifle rifle rifle that does shotgun levels of damage with each bullet

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 26, 2015

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They have good weapons tho.

I think twitch may become usefull once people start to put ECM and Car battery on every reinforced walls. Problem is the drone is very vulnerable.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Uh I think you mean OpFor :rolleyes:

they're not opfor if I'm on their side :jihad:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Sappo569 posted:

Her saving grace is the DMR rifle that does shotgun levels of damage with each bullet

designated marksman rifle rifle

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Bright pink running shoes woman runs faster than other attackers and can detect cameras and traps, and the shock drone woman gets a hk417

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm actually really looking forward to this game after having watched a few streams and videos. Any of you going on console for that one? Normally for a game like this I'd go PC but since the console release is at 60 fps I might just get it on PS4 instead (or Xbox one, I'll see which has the most goons on it)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I'm actually really looking forward to this game after having watched a few streams and videos. Any of you going on console for that one? Normally for a game like this I'd go PC but since the console release is at 60 fps I might just get it on PS4 instead (or Xbox one, I'll see which has the most goons on it)

Most of us in beta are on the PC but I can't account for how many will buy for console other than myself

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This game's quite fun with Buttes crew aboard. I hope my ISP finishes loving themselves so I can rejoin the fun. :mad:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

designated marksman rifle rifle

ah shut up

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Hope you peeps are enjoying this, gonna try to hop on PC if I get the chance.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Getting hit by a dude swinging through a window is a 1-shot kill, the more you know.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Sappo569 posted:

Her saving grace is the DMR rifle rifle rifle rifle that does shotgun levels of damage with each bullet

65 damage per shot apparently, more than a shotgun. Also i killed a guy with her drone last night.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Megafunk posted:

Getting hit by a dude swinging through a window is a 1-shot kill, the more you know.

Body armor doesn't protect against a boot to the face

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Does anyone take the AUG instead of the other rifle for GSG-9? The AUG seems worse in every way, and for some reason the recoil compensator actually increases the recoil spread.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
So does putting bandit's car battery shocker thing on walls or placed cover just damage people touching it? I was hoping a shocked wall prevents thermite charge placement but I don't know.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Megafunk posted:

So does putting bandit's car battery shocker thing on walls or placed cover just damage people touching it? I was hoping a shocked wall prevents thermite charge placement but I don't know.

It breaks thermite.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ill be home for some shooty mans in about 3 hours, if anyone is up that late

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Only just now got my PS4 preorder beta code in my email. Good thing I have the PC version or I might have been fairly irritated

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sappo what kind of backwards schedule are you on now so we can hook up?

edit:
ITS THREE HOURS LETS GO SAPPO

Crop_Top_9000
Jun 20, 2014
I'll play same games in ~2 hours, but this game constantly crashes in the menus so I don't know if I'll actually be able to party up. At least it's stable once a game gets going!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I want to Thunt with goons on ps4 sometime.

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

I'm on the CTS mumble (buttes channel). I'll be on for a while, so just hit me up.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Now i have received the code. drat fuckers at Ubisoft.

And of course, after installing the game I find the servers are toast? After a dozen tries, I haven't been able to play once!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

And of course, after installing the game I find the servers are toast? After a dozen tries, I haven't been able to play once!
Welcome to beta? :confused:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Early morning crew up in Butts! Come shoot men with us!

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Does the HK417 go through reinforced walls? What about deployable shields? Concrete?

Also what is really the point of LMGs? It doesn't seem like it's ever worth bringing one over an AR.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dezztroy posted:

Also what is really the point of LMGs? It doesn't seem like it's ever worth bringing one over an AR.

A large clip size can be pretty useful in several situations. One is when they assume you have an AR and charge in during the "reload". Also tearing apart walls and people behind them, suppression fire, etc

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

This game is pretty fun!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dezztroy posted:

The wild pubbie cannot resist from peeking, he HAS to see what is going on, even in the face of gunfire.

With the LMG you simply pop a window panel and then hold down the trigger.

Normally with a rifle or pistol you'd get one or two short bursts and then have to move to reload, the LMG allows you to sustain that fire and hopefully catch them popping up to surprise you

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Also we're playing right now, have room for two.

DeadLikeRev uplay, we're on CTS Buttes channel

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
drat these Fuze grenades go increbly far, I didn't expect that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktH9chgQbk0

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Bloody hell they just love throwing suicide bombers at you in Thunt :geno:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Bump again, we're starting up again now. CTS Buttes channel down in misc. Have 2, need more.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'll be on the same time as last night ish, Midnight EST

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm hanging out in the PS4 in Aus if anyone wants to give it a shot maybe.
Takes a minute at a time to load loving menus though.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Where's my drat code :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Trying it on PS4, similar quality but a lot harder to get matches it seems. Plus crashing more

Also look at all these dumb goons wanting to play with other goons but not offering their psn names

• Locked thread