Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Is the number of bomber spawns tied to difficulty? I play almost exclusively on hard so I can't weigh in.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hopefully it becomes good enough to buy for Terrorist Hunt alone. I just like Coop nowadays, my reflexes are lovely and I am also shity.

It certainly looks fun though in videos.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Was playing a game with pubbies where they would blindly breach through windows on the correct floor but rarely the correct room. So I used a drone to figure out which room the bomb was in and while the enemy team all looked the direction of my team loudly bashing their way through barricades and barbed wire, I shot one dude through a window barrier and then burst through the window to kill the other guy defending the bomb just as my team breached the door to the room and sounded very confused on the mic about how I got there. I think I'm enjoying this game.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I feel like well coordinated teams who practice together will do very well. There's so many ways to misdirect it's just fantastic

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

I feel like well coordinated teams who practice together will do very well. There's so many ways to misdirect it's just fantastic

I'm a fan of breaching 1-2 windows and or doors in a totally different direction from your actual entry point, followed by making all sorts of loud stompy-shooty noises

Then quietly slink in behind their backs

Also I need to learn where all the cameras are, 'cause that will 100% of the time gently caress your entry plan up

PS: Don't be a bitch and stay up a bit tonight

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 30, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
It's nice to have a proper Rainbow Six back. I put a bunch of hours into this today and it's exceeding my expectations. I hope the population sticks around because I'll snag a copy when it eventually goes on sale shortly after release. Fuse is my boy.

What is the best way to deal with Bombers? Usually they come out of nowhere, but when I do see them, I can't seem to stop them. Do you shoot the poo poo out of them, shoot them and run away, or just haul rear end when you see one?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Dandywalken posted:

Hopefully it becomes good enough to buy for Terrorist Hunt alone. I just like Coop nowadays, my reflexes are lovely and I am also shity.

It certainly looks fun though in videos.

One of the first things I have always reinstalled after a fresh reformat is Ravenshield. Playing terrorist hunt on lone wolf with ~30 bots on a harder difficulty can take hours to win, but when you do it feels great. I love the poo poo out of that game and was hoping Siege was a return to form. My favorite map is the island one.

No game has came close to the sound effects of Ravenshield. That game has the BEST gun sounds! Siege was a let down when it came to the gun sounds so far.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Charles Martel posted:

It's nice to have a proper Rainbow Six back. I put a bunch of hours into this today and it's exceeding my expectations. I hope the population sticks around because I'll snag a copy when it eventually goes on sale shortly after release. Fuse is my boy.

What is the best way to deal with Bombers? Usually they come out of nowhere, but when I do see them, I can't seem to stop them. Do you shoot the poo poo out of them, shoot them and run away, or just haul rear end when you see one?

Headshots before they trigger will completely prevent an explosion, two or three with a rifle, four to six for SMGs and pistols. They give off a fairly bright blue light and their rebreathers are loud as poo poo.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Orv posted:

Headshots before they trigger will completely prevent an explosion, two or three with a rifle, four to six for SMGs and pistols. They give off a fairly bright blue light and their rebreathers are loud as poo poo.

Gotcha. Just have to be more careful around them, I guess.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah for bombers, rapid headshoots. Or if you can get behind them shoot their back for an insta kill

Piekuuns
May 15, 2009
I got a few spare beta codes (its for uplay).

VCKE-MU6E-CVER-UR4X

BXCY-4W4J-6XMW-PMYR

TCK4-MUHY-YDHA-NMRA

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same
C8YC-4GHG-XDKC-7G37 
W4J4-BU4G-TRCF-M78A 
L46L-CLMK-ABFL-LCCU 
DNEA-W6F8-8KAL-A8T3

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Ditto, also have codes:

46AV-CMFA-F7CM-MVNM
WECW-CCD9-CF7J-X99E
W74F-7BA3-GG7C-FGTY
MMKL-CHG4-G6CN-A96M

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Four more

CDNM-KFML-MLMK-HELX
DGMU-LYJA-VMQE-VDYD
FKTD-NFRN-M8TC-R99H
GM4M-TB6U-B8YD-D63N

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ok look, me too

WJXR-XLHL-46L3-M6PC
CG7Q-MQYE-CM4K-QECV
RHRC-MK8N-BNAQ-CJXV
MMLB-EMAW-FGMN-RTWK

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have created a new group ("community") with the PSN 3.0 update that pushed today to help organize psgoons for this game. However, like an STD you can only get it from other people, because sony is retarded and won't let you search for it.

Add me (rayst191 on psn) and then go to my profile. There should be a "communities" tab in my profile with a "Goon Siege" group to join. We will turn it specific once the game actually launches.

PC Codes
V7UX-HVCT-AALF-TGAY
AJMX-GEP8-X7UC-P9NG
DVHQ-PALR-HYXB-QBPC
6T96-VRTF-H78X-R3XP

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 30, 2015

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
PC Codes!

E3PG-TJCE-9CCY-MBLE

MFCM-LMA6-MY6A-73ML

XHVM-9U6Y-G864-3ALP

BGHW-B376-YJE4-CK9W

Enjoy!

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 1, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Are they e-mailing these out to you guys or something? I've got a couple buddies who might be interested but if I'm gonna get my own batch I figure I wouldn't bother yoinking any.

edit: Apparently I have a set in my e-mail... Ignore me.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Are they e-mailing these out to you guys or something? I've got a couple buddies who might be interested but if I'm gonna get my own batch I figure I wouldn't bother yoinking any.

edit: Apparently I have a set in my e-mail... Ignore me.

Yeah the email was a bunch of codes, as they've extended the beta till the 4th

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Grabbed the top one, thanks.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

Hard posted:

PC Codes!

BGHW-B376-YJE4-CK9W

I took this one, thanks bro

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
PC

FU7R-AEVF-AMAL-CFF8
V93A-3LU7-YJCT-3HLQ
6QJP-C9TM-RCAG-6AYK

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
EKXU-X6AK-ECL6-LGVM
XR96-7YQ3-LN3Q-LELA
WCGL-VL39-XXC6-74AH

For anyone that wants them. PC

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
4 more PC codes from the "beta" extension email. Oh and just play Thunt as it is the only gamemode worth a drat.

CCGJ-CXUE-MFLN-8MLC
LHDP-KHYD-AXWX-39MA
LDUJ-MCTM-TFM9-NE3A
MQLM-8QAK-96BH-MDCE

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

xyigx posted:

4 more PC codes from the "beta" extension email. Oh and just play Thunt as it is the only gamemode worth a drat.

MQLM-8QAK-96BH-MDCE

nabbed this one. thanks!

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
PC

C9WA-JWXX-BBKW-W6W8
ALFL-F3VL-33XW-LHMR
BRBL-EJ4P-9TJM-K3C4
8Y4R-R4LM-QUK3-G37D

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If I pre-order on PS4, where do I get beta access? is that not a thing?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

If I pre-order on PS4, where do I get beta access? is that not a thing?

They will email you a code that you can plug in for beta access. Although scuttlebutt suggests that they might have a direct download avaliable this deep into the beta

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

4 PC codes for you nerds:

MHP8-DAPM-WMH6-L7HN
FB3H-RC86-RQY6-648Q
CXTA-LAER-ADMM-AGPW
THGM-WUFF-FC48-GR9F

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Charles Martel posted:

It's nice to have a proper Rainbow Six back.

:shepface: so this is what it feels like to be triggered

also i took the bottom beta key code, thanks sir goon. thanks because all 6 of the previous keys i got didn't work even though they were accepted online.

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

Add me if you want to play some realistic Terrorist Hunt. Ubi id - buffaloballet

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

HOW is there no one on Buttes to play this

Join CTS - Buttes people

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Love Stole the Day posted:

:shepface: so this is what it feels like to be triggered

Proper as in feels more like a realistic Rainbow Six game and not the more "arcadey" feeling ones.

Edit: By the by: You can't just download the closed beta from PSN. Just tried. You need a code. Was lucky enough to find one.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 1, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Super-sperg write up, but I'll post the same things I did on the Ubi forums during the alpha, technical, and beta tests.

This is definitely not the game we saw at E3 nor is it the game we were told about by the developers and moderators of the Ubisoft forums. It went from a return to the Raven Shield style gameplay that they originally stated to another COD-like twitch shooter, except setup in a pseudo-CS style competitive setup. A lot of people aren't going to like that comparison, but the gunplay and movement are basically like that of a slowed down Call of Duty. Some people might like that, some people might not, but it's definitely not what people were expecting when the developers said they were "returning to the roots of the series".

Leaving the graphics downgrade aside (I mean really, who wasn't expecting that from Ubisoft at this point?), for some unknown reason they almost did a complete 180 on how they were describing and playing the game off as when the game was first revealed. They stated it was going to be a slow paced tactical shooter reminiscent of the first few games of the original series and moving away from the Vegas spin-off series, and although I can see the game being "tactical" in the same way CS is often described as tactical, it's not on the same level as Raven Shield or Swat 4 in any sense of the gameplay. Gameplay and original posts on the forums shortly after the reveal started to show and talk about this Blufor vs. Opfor (Raven Shield vs. Rogue Spear) gameplay in which each team would have their own customization choices in how they set their characters up, large amounts of customization (but realistic compared to the prior two games released in the series) ranging from their helmets, different levels of armor (light, medium, heavy), and the weapons and tools at their disposal. While there is still customization to an extent, I wouldn't call it true customization, rather than customization that you'd see in the previous Rainbow Six titles, the Swat titles, or even the way Insurgency had in their game in the first Alpha release before they went on to use a class-based system, we've instead been given "customization" in a MOBA sense. You have a few different characters with a couple of weapons each (with overlap) that can be modified and a character specific tool to use. That is certainly not what I'd call customization, to me it is very much reminiscent of games like League of Legends or DOTA, where you pick a certain class in an attempt to counter a class that the other team uses, IE using Mute's tool to counter the tools of Thermite or Fuze. And it's odd to compare a game to both Call of Duty and League of Legends at the same time, but I think that captures what the game actually is. It's a "competitive" (more on that shortly) arena style FPS with a hint of realism. Although I suppose it is taking the Blufor vs. Blufor from the previous R6 games, I don't think it fits this game at all, and I much preferred the Blufor vs. Opfor we saw in the reveal, it's strange having FBI HRT shooting at the SAS, or for that matter having the SAS shooting at other SAS. The difference being in the previous games it was two generically skinned unnamed groups. But to fix any of the above issues, which a lot of people seem to be disappointed with (it is almost the exact opposite of what we saw in the reveal, earliest gameplay videos, and posts by developers and moderators on the Ubi forums), it is not something that will change with this game, they'd have to completely drop the Operator system they worked something like a year on before giving us any new info on the game and us finding out.

All said, if you're okay with Rainbow Six being an arena style competitive shooter instead of the tactical FPS a lot of people were expecting or even hoping for, it's all good I guess. My only real question is why they would take such a 180 from their original idea after receiving so much positive feedback and excitement about the idea of making a modernized Raven Shield/Rogue Spear type of game as per the original plan?

About the whole "competitive" setup of the game, the current way it's set up definitely doesn't cater to what they're trying to accomplish. I find the hitreg to be god awful sometimes, and consistency is one of the defining features of a competitive game. When I still played CS:GO, I remembered complaining about 64 tick servers to the point that I wound up stop playing Valve's competitive and paid to play in ESEA pugs because 64 tick was so subpar compared to 128 tick. There is no way these servers are running anywhere near 64 tick, the Siege servers and netcode remind me a lot of the original Battlefield 4 servers and performance before they were upgraded, and that simply won't do in a game that you expect to become home to a competitive league. There seems to be a big difference between what happens on one persons screen and the others, and I don't just mean in the bugged replays, I'm more talking about the dying after you've gone back into solid cover.

Then, you have to take into account the current balance of the game, and I'm not just talking about shields. That being said, I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks shields are balanced right now, but a lot of people are calling for them not to be nerfed, I assume because they like using them in their current state and need a crutch. Who can blame them? I do well with Sledge or Fuze using an L85 or an AK-12, but I do even better when using Blitz, Montagne, or Fuze with his shield, shields are absolute easy mode right now. I'd prefer the shield to be a supporting weapon, rather than the main damage dealer of the group (especially when it's possible for all 5 people on a team to use them, Montagne, Blitz, Fuze, and 2 GIGN or FBI recruits). The best way I think to do this is to use the shield in the same way CS originally did, when your shield is covering you there is no way for you to shoot, you simply serve as moving cover for the people behind you who will be dealing the damage and popping up/down from behind you and your shield, ADS will move the shield to your left leaving your right side exposed while still covering the left side. Moving on from the shield, a lot of operators seem infinitely more useful than others: compare someone like Mute who can effectively stop you from breaching reinforced walls completely (he can stop Thermite's charges before they go off, completely removing the option of say, going through ANY wall in the basement of killhouse) or Pulse (ESP hax 4 days) to someone like Bandit... who can electrify barbed wire... which can be disabled with a single shot because it's always visible.

The last complaint has to be MM. I don't mean the poor state it's in right now and the mediocre state it was in during the alpha (how the gently caress did they make it worse?), I mean the fact that you're limited to MM for multiplayer. Most solely MM games that are released die off very fast, take for example Evolve, Titanfall, or Future Soldier. Games like CS:GO get away with it because they did MM right: it's skill-based, there is a server browser as an alternative, and even competitive leagues like ESEA have their own third party browsers to get into the private servers they use to get into a pug and what have you. It won't be like Raven Shield, where 12 years after release you can go back and play on a server hosted by some super dedicated community that still supports the game. When the population dwindles, it will die, and that will be the end of the game. From a business standpoint, maybe that's a positive thing, 2 years from now you won't be able to get into a match at all and you'll be forced to buy whatever new title they come out with to get your fix, but it doesn't sit well with a lot of players. Not to mention, if you're somewhere like Australia or something, the game will die significantly faster for you, it might last a year in the US or Europe, but for you when the population starts to dwindle it will start to take forever for you to get into matches with an incredibly high ping, eventually you'll probably just quit. I'm hopeful, but very doubtful in the longevity of this game.

I would enjoy the game as an arena style competitive FPS if the balance issues are fixed, but I'll never see it as a true Rainbow Six game, it'll just be another spin-off like the Vegas series to me. I honestly think it would have less criticisms if they dropped the Rainbow Six from the title completely.

Apologies for the sperg post.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

Leaving the graphics downgrade aside (I mean really, who wasn't expecting that from Ubisoft at this point?)

Kill yourself.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Maybe I'll write a big response later but you're wrong about Bandit, he can electrify more than wires and can completely shut out a Thermite like Mute can.

Edit: also pulse's sensor is utter dogshit that barely works since the nerf from alpha have you actually even played these guys

Edit2: fwiw yeah I agree this isn't very Rainbow. It's its own thing. I happen to really like it even as a huge fan of old R6, but I agree that this isn't that.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 1, 2015

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I agree with dvsilverwing, speaking as another r6 sperg.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Maybe I'll write a big response later but you're wrong about Bandit, he can electrify more than wires and can completely shut out a Thermite like Mute can.

Edit: also pulse's sensor is utter dogshit that barely works since the nerf from alpha have you actually even played these guys

Pulse, no, but I do like playing Bandit, I just think certain operators are more useful than others at the moment.

Orv posted:

Kill yourself.

It's true. And I didn't talk about it because I really don't care, I don't expect the same graphics in-game as we see during all these game reveals anymore.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fair enough, just no reason to bring it up at all.

That said yeah, whatever this is, it isn't Rainbow, but it's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Pulse is still pretty good as long as you're communicating with your team. Knowing exactly where and how many people are behind a wall can be helpful. Especially if it's a wall you can shoot through!

Some of the unique gadgets are kinda bad though, especially IQ's canner. C4 and other defensive gadgets make enough noise/light that they're easy to spot anyways.

• Locked thread