Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

So its just a re-release of a re-release? Capcom so far you have fallen.

Yes we should burn down Capcom.

But first try clicking on the images posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

So its just a re-release of a re-release? Capcom so far you have fallen.

Really.

A) Yes, this is 'so far' for Capcom "Super Street Fighter II: Hyper Turbo Edition"
B) This is someone's fan-mod not something Capcom is doing.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

B) This is someone's fan-mod not something Capcom is doing.

nah man it's totally real as heck

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I'm gonna break this as nicely as possible, because I was tricked into thinking this was something else and it hurt. A new pachislot game is coming out in Japan based on DMC4, and here's the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baRRrEO8FXY There's even some footage of them motion capturing the new cutscenes for it in the video, so I think this was what that photo of Johnny Yong Bosh and Reuben Langdon together was from.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'm upset

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I'm gonna break this as nicely as possible, because I was tricked into thinking this was something else and it hurt. A new pachislot game is coming out in Japan based on DMC4, and here's the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baRRrEO8FXY There's even some footage of them motion capturing the new cutscenes for it in the video, so I think this was what that photo of Johnny Yong Bosh and Reuben Langdon together was from.

I need to stop wishing for new games in franchises I like because they are inevitable going to be this or mobile.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Aw man

:smith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
pachinkoh no

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
You remember what we used to say?

J... jack... pot?...

:smithicide::smithicide:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean them going to the trouble of mocapping new footage for a pachinko machine makes it seem like they still care on some level.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Peoples inability to accept change has ruined Resident Evil, Mega Man, Street Fighter, DMC.

Monster hunter.... YOUR NEXT!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One of the taglines in that trailer is "An experience that even fans of the game will enjoy!" as the dislikes are about five times the amount of likes, lol. Anyways, I don't feel like this is an indicator of anything in particular.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ImpAtom posted:

I need to stop wishing for new games in franchises I like because they are inevitable going to be this or mobile.

Put the monkey's paw down you rear end in a top hat, how many loving times do I have to tell you!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

One of the taglines in that trailer is "An experience that even fans of the game will enjoy!" as the dislikes are about five times the amount of likes, lol. Anyways, I don't feel like this is an indicator of anything in particular.

it indicates that dante is definitely dating his mom's doppelganger demon

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Well...that's...uh...oh. :smith:

Good for the Japanese "totally-not-gambling-we-swear!" industry, I guess?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fereydun posted:

it indicates that dante is definitely dating his mom's doppelganger demon

Uh no, they're just friends who like to have a good time.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:suicide:

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuck. This almost stings as much as P.T. did.

Almost.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
MOTHERFUCKER IT STILL HURTS AFTER HAVING A NIGHT'S REST, TECH

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

Uh no, they're just friends who like to have a good time.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm no longer motivated

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Capcom said they have two unannounced games coming this year. No way one isn't a DMC. It's a guaranteed seller and they need money desperately.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Those are probably just Resident Evil 7 and Megaman pachinko though.

:smith:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm sure the Resident Evil 2 remake will capture the essence of the early games by being a pachislot machine.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yo Fereydun, your Vergil recolor/retro effects mod is stylish as all hell. You did a great job, duder!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

tmnt is coming out this week as a budget-ish price game and supposedly it actually sucks which is a real bummer
also it's 30fps

so instead have some hot off the plate smokin' sick stylish dmc4 combo vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL6xYB5qsc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4A99_8CKc

and here's devils never cry to play over the songs featured because you're probably gonna mute the vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZUN89RaP60

toasterwarrior posted:

Yo Fereydun, your Vergil recolor/retro effects mod is stylish as all hell. You did a great job, duder!
thanks. wish i could get the big distortion coming from yamato on the judgement cuts but eh, i tried and no dice

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So DmC is in the newest humble bundle and a friend shoved it on me, so I've been playing that a little bit. I'm annoyed since the level design is actually pretty nice, but everything else is just insulting. Also, Vergil is the creepiest looking motherfucker and I feel mildly uncomfortable whenever he's on screen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the fedora

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Momomo posted:

So DmC is in the newest humble bundle and a friend shoved it on me, so I've been playing that a little bit. I'm annoyed since the level design is actually pretty nice, but everything else is just insulting. Also, Vergil is the creepiest looking motherfucker and I feel mildly uncomfortable whenever he's on screen.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

See, there was a VERY small part of me that was tempted to grab the Definitive Edition and put Vergil in the DMC3 outfit just to make it more tolerable, but that face just utterly ruins it for me.

Actually, that's something about DmC in general that just irks me the wrong way, it's something about the facial animation that just knocks it right into uncomfortable looking.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

if you skip all cutscenes and don't grind out the achievements like I did you'll probably have an ok enough time playing the definitive edition. Note it does not fix how bad the level design in Dantes story, the boss design, or the fact that Virgil's story mode was apparently designed exclusively using the copy and paste shortcuts.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Momomo posted:

Had plenty of fun with the game. I think it not catching on has killed the series. The changes to the story were fine by me and made the game more approachable as a average gamer. What you can get SSSSSSSSS style rating, please uninstall the game!

The end of the game put all the pieces back together also, Dante having white hair and demons are always around.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the fedora

No fedora in the Definitive Edition. RIP Fedoragil.

Magil of Shadow posted:

Actually, that's something about DmC in general that just irks me the wrong way, it's something about the facial animation that just knocks it right into uncomfortable looking.

I'm not sure if it's the filters, or just the weird animations, but everyones face is very potatoey.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Had plenty of fun with the game. I think it not catching on has killed the series. The changes to the story were fine by me and made the game more approachable as a average gamer. What you can get SSSSSSSSS style rating, please uninstall the game!

The end of the game put all the pieces back together also, Dante having white hair and demons are always around.
If DmC was the future of the Devil May Cry series, I'm glad its dead. RIP.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nihilarian posted:

I know right I guess they figured that everyone was done with the series after dmc4 sucked so bad.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
dmc4 owns actually

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop paying attention to Tenzarin, he is the most nothing troll in Games

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Baal posted:

Stop paying attention to Tenzarin, he is the most nothing troll in Games

Please we are just sharing our love for a game series that peaked in act 3 and has withered and died on the road of rerereleases all the way to act 5.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Nihilarian posted:

I'm sure someone out there is bemoaning the lack of a DmC pachinko.

Anyway, the series is hardly dead - it's attained pachinko immortality - endless pachinko :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Would they really bother to make DMC4 Special Edition if they were really going to retire the series immediately after?

Also, they dedicated four lines to a reference to The Biggest Loser. This game has some top-notch writing.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 25, 2016

• Locked thread