Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
you are very focused today Circ

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

What if you have a tat of a gun what do they do then? Asking for a friend

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Why not just take your private jet?

oh

ahahahahahahahahaha

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Robo Reagan posted:

youre no kyoon

Don't namedrop kyoon for goon cred you oval office

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Maybe you should stop being a loving moron and just check your bag of tools. How dumb do you have to be to think you'd be allowed to carry on tools like that in 2015?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

zimboe posted:

and similar decorticate foolishness in general.
So this kid made a gadget that was a messily made clock, brought it to school and apparently since them's that be couldn't understand what they were looking at, decided it must therefore be a device of malign intent.

-A man wearing a shirt with a picture of a gun was not allowed on an airplane.

-A child with a Woody The Cowboy doll with a tiny plastic gun had the "gun" confiscated.

I personally go through LAX and MINIMUM WAGE STUTTERING DICKFUCKS UNQUALIFIED TO DETAIL MY CAR GO THROUGH MY TOOLKIT AND STEAL EVERY TOOL LONGER THAN SIX INCHES

I AM NOT A CRIMINAL NO CHARGES AGAINST ME YET YOU TREAT ME AS SUCH

I DON'T WANT YOUR GOD-DAMNED AIRPLANE I'M JUST TRYING TO GET TO THE JOB-SITE SO I CAN DO MY ACTUALLY USEFUL JOB MAKING STUFF
AS OPPOSED TO YOU WORTHLESS UNSKILLED IGNORANT THIRD WORLD VERMIN FULFILLING YOUR GOVERNMENT MANDATED ROLE IN THE DESTRUCTION OF AIR COMMERCE

GET THE gently caress OUT OF MY AIRPORT AND MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL AGAIN AT THE VERY IMPORTANT TASK OF MOWING MY MOTHERFUCKING LAWN YOU BEAN-SNAPPING BASTARD

I trust you see my point.
These sorts of events are not stupid or absurd.

Neither term covers this level of knee-jerk reflex behavior-there is no more more cognition or common sense involved in these reactions than there is in yelling "gently caress!" when your toe is struck flat by a 16 oz. ball-peen hammer.

The enforcement authorities are now mandated by higher authorities to be entirely brainless in any security matter, however petty or ludicrous.
If The Big Book of Rules from some panty-waist lib committee-faggots from Planet Washington says " A picture of a gun is actually a gun", then BrainMODE => OFF, That t-shirt is a gun and is not permitted aboard.

If the citizen gives the reasonable response of "gently caress YOU MORON,no it isn't." Then-
OHGOD THIS ONE CAN SEE TERRIST TERRIST ALERT SOUND THE KLAXONS EVACUATE AIRPORT MAKE A GIANT FUSS SO THESE JERKS DON'T REALIZE OUR PHONEY-BALONEY JOBS ARE WORTHLESS"

AND NOW THE CRUX OF THE BISCUIT ' .

We need a new word for this phenomenon- in which logic, reason and proportion are bypassed in favor of rigid prescribed behavior mandated by higher authority.

Goons? Some Ideas-

Government Mandated Idiocy (GMI)
Mandated Stupidity Syndrome (MSS)
Threat Magnification for Political Points (TMFPP)
Lobotomy of Authorities by Bureaucratic Fiat(LOABF)

We must name this demon to define it and so defeat it.

And we must defeat it as this meme-set is contagious and malignant.
Law that is absurd is not law!

e: sp.

This but unironically.

• Locked thread